• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

B&W Competitive Team

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    This is a experimental team to start my planning towards my official B&W competitive team. This team will be constantly changed. Notes and Updates will be at the end along with a list of the previous pokemon. Help and criticism would be great. Thanks in advance!

Tyranitar
    @ Lum Berry [Rock / Dark]
    Jolly Nature
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed

- Dragon Dance

- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake / Fire Punch

[Lead DD Tyranitar. Stone Edge / Rock Slide for the primary STAB attack. Crunch as the secondary STAB attack. Earthquake for other Tyranitar leads OR Fire Punch for hitting Steel types]

Landorus
    @ Life Orb [Ground / Flying]
    Jolly Nature
    Trait: Sand Force
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed

- Swords Dance

- Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Rock Polish

[The Powerhouse who greatly benefits from Tyranitar's Sand Stream. Swords Dance to up Attack. Earthquake for a wicked STAB Move (STAB + Sand Force + Life Orb = HOLY $#!%) Stone Edge to decimate Gliscor and Skarmory. Rock Polish to boost my speed at the opportunity]

Jellicent
    @ Leftovers [Water / Ghost]
    Bold Nature
    Trait: Water Absorb
    252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp. Def

- Scald

- Recover
    - Shadow Ball / Ice Beam
    - Toxic

[Anti-Spinner and Bulky Water. Scald for STAB and chance to burn. Recover added with his great defense will make for an annoyed opponent. Shadow Ball for other Jellicents and Ghost types OR Ice Beam for Dragon and Flying types. Toxic for a slow death]

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers [Fighting]
    Adamant Nature
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Bulk Up
    - Mach Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Stone Edge

[Ferrothorn counter. Mach Punch to destroy Excadrill. Drain Punch after Bulk Up for recovery. Stone Edge to hit flying types.]

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 Sp. Def

- Spikes
    - Leech Seed / Stealth Rock
    - Power Whip
    - Protect

[SR and Spiker. Power Whip to attack and Protect to stall a rapid spinner or something that can hurt Ferrothorn.]

Revolver's Notes and Updates
    3/14/2011
    -
    UPDATE: Added Conkeldurr and re-added Ferrothorn with a slightly different build.
    - Changed the font! (Irrelevent)
    - Still in need of one last pokemon.

3/11/2011

- UPDATE: Completely Changed Team, Pokemon went from 5-Man to 3-Man to show what I have so far, team is NOT finished
    - Needs a Spiker / Stealth Rocker (Forretress?)
    - Will add more pokemon to team later in the day

PREVIOUS POKEMON IN TEAM

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • I can see Espeon as a decent fit in here, especially considering how you have three pokemon weak to Stealth Rock and no spinner.

Espeon @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -SDef)
    - Calm Mind / Grass Knot
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Shadow Ball

Might help out Weavile with sweeping a bit, seeing as Mach Punch/Bullet Punch is everywhere, and Espeon should be able to kill off many priority abusers. Also, be aware that Chandelure struggles with blocking spin effectively, seeing as it is weak to the STAB moves of the most common spinners, Excadrill and Starmie, so don't grow too attached to your hazards. Be careful for random Hidden Power [Fire]s when you switch in Ferrothorn expecting to wall something.. :x

Also, I'll assume that you've got your nature wrong on Weavile, a Jolly nature gives it +spe without decreasing its attack, like Timid does.

Good luck!

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    A couple of things to take note of:

- Lead Ferrothorn isn't that great. Use something else to get your rocks off.
    - There are much better sweepers than Weavile.
    - Dragon Dance Gyarados isn't that great anymore since Ferrothorn is so prominent.

Some suggestions:

- Remove Ferrothorn from the lead postion and swap Stealth Rock with Spikes.
    - Drop Gyarados for lead Tyranitar.
    - Get a better sweeper, there are lots to choose from.
    - Replace Dragon Claw with Fire Blast on Garchomp so you can actually do something to Ferrothorn.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    Alright, thanks for the tips. These new Pokemon are crazy! They have my game all flipped around now. Going to take me a while to get used to them. I have a few questions.

-How exactly do I get the Dream World ability on Espeon?
    -I've never understood how to get Hidden Power to the element you want. Is there and easier explanation of it?
    -Would Blaziken with Speed Boost or Excadrill be a better replacement for Weavile, or should I switch to something else?
    -Is Garchomp still considered Uber?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Dream World abilities are available via Wifi, if I'm not mistaken (please correct me if I am). I'm not entirely familiar with how to get them physically as I use a battle simulator.

Hidden Power elements and powers are dependent on a pokemon's IVs, or Individual Values. Here's a guide to those: http://www.serebii.net/games/hidden-power.shtml
    Essentially IV values from 0-31 determine the power and type, and the only way to achieve specific Hidden Powers and their base powers is to do what is known as IV breed, or RNG. RNG is less luck based than IV breeding, but takes more time to learn how to do. If you're not up to the challenge, I suggest looking around the trade corner on this forum for the pokemon with that Hidden Power.

Garchomp is no longer uber, so you can use him if you wish.

As for your team, as well as who you should add that hasn't been suggested yet, I notice that your team is rather priority weak (i.e. Mach Punch and the, somewhat, rare ice shard knock you around). To remedy this, you could try a Jellicent perhaps. I'll have to take a look at how that would affect synergy however, mind updating your first post with all the changes you taken into account so far?

Also on Ferrothorn, I suggest moving your IVs to make him a more physically bulky variant as he's mauled by fire type moves anyway (and almost all special sweepers carry HP Fire or another regular fire move now-a-days) and if you ever encounter such a situation, you have Chandelure to absorb it. So try out this spread instead: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD with a Relaxed Nature [+Def; -Spe]. It's somewhat of a personal preference as well, but I find specially bulky Ferrothorn to be a lost cause on anything but a rain team.

As for a sweeper, considering you have Tyranitar (assuming you took BlaQk's suggestion and got him as your lead), Exadrill or Landorus would be great pokemon to have on your team. I personally like Landorus more as he's harder to stop due to Ice Shard and Aqua Jet being less common than Mach Punch (which destroys Exadrill).

So yeah, if you could just update the first post with the changes you made or whatever so I can see what Jellicent would do to your synergy, that would be great. :]

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    Original Post has been updated.

@Opposite Day - Espeon seems like a great choice to add to my team, however I want to make sure I fully understand the concept of acquiring HP Fire before I make a final decision for Espeon.

@BlaQk - Tyranitar is an awesome choice especially with .Aero's suggestion for Landorus with his Sand Force ability. I never used Tyranitar in the previous generations so this will be a pretty nice change

@.Aero - I have updated the original post (and hopefully made it a bit easier to read with better descriptions) I added Jellicent to the fray for a better look at the "synergy" and Jellicent seems like a great choice, I was going to pick possible pick Swampert but Jellicent counters Spinners as well so Two Birds One Stone.

Thank You for all the help so far! :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Rock Polish may be slashed over U-turn so that Landorus has another boosting move to let it outspeed opponents that normally outspeed it. (Use Rock Polish when it's against offensive teams and Swords Dance if it's up against defensive ones).

A lot of Water Pokemon got Scald in Gen V, so I think replacing Surf with Scald is a viable option because it has a chance to burn something while you attack.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    The first post has been updated with 2 more pokemon added.

@PlatinumDude - I changed what you thought needed to be changed. Thanks for the help.

Back