• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Try-hard AG team (cancer alert)

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    Normally I try to shy away from "try hard" teams (or teams that spam over-used/annoying pokemon just to get a win rather than to have fun), but today I felt like doing something different, and created a pretty cancerous team.

AG is one ridiculous place as you move up the ladder, with players often using 6 ditto, darkrai, and the one thing that led to the creation of the tier, Mega-Rayquaza. I've tried to make a team that can deal with what I believe are the most dangerous pokemon:

Ray
    Arc
    Dark
    Xern
    Ditto
    Mewtwo
    Klefki
    Groudon

the team:

Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Air Lock
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Dragon Ascent
    - Earthquake

There are 5 main attacking moves Rayquaza seems to carry: Dragon ascent, V-create, dragon claw, extreme speed, and earthquake. I chose a fairly standard set with a lum berry to prevent last ditch Klefki attacks.

Many players will often keep their Rayquaza's in on every situiation, getting perhaps only one or 2 KO's with it when they could sweep later. I usually like to play it safe and switch when-ever I see something I don't like, but setting up win conditions can sometimes backfire.

Arceus @ Life Orb
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Extreme Speed
    - Brick Break
    - Iron Head

A modified Extreme-killer arceus with moves to target opposing Extreme killers and fairies. 216 speed ensures it outspeeds unboosted base 115s.

Arceus @ Toxic Orb
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Magic Coat
    - Facade
    - Thunder Wave
    - Shadow Claw

An innovative lead arceus set designed to shut down status spammers and opposing Geomancy-ers. Magic coat will reflect incomming dark voids/thunder waves (anything else bounced is nice too) and after that Arceus becomes an excellent status absorber for the team. Facade ensures the toxic orb has at least a small benefit. Thunder wave is not really meant to paralyse much, it is pretty much geared towards removing the effects of lum berry so that the opponent can be dark voided. Shadow claw hits ghost and steels and pairs better than ever with the normal type attack, but I wish it had more power.

Darkrai @ Leftovers
    Ability: Bad Dreams
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Nasty Plot
    - Dark Pulse
    - Dark Void

The first Darkrai on my team, meant to use dark void, then set up stuff like substitute and possibly use dark void again, then sweep with nasty plot and dark pulse. Against opposing Xerneas (if the opponent is crazy enough to stay in) Darkrai will generally use substitute while they use Geomancy, so they can waste their power herb. Leftovers and bulk ensure Darkrai is hard to one shot. Can beat most magic bounce users, and Diancie isn't much of a problem.

Darkrai @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Bad Dreams
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Dark Void
    - Dark Pulse
    - Trick
    - Focus Blast

Another Darkrai, this one given a choice scarf to cripple boosting sweepers who think they are safe after securing a speed boost. Given some attacks and trick to be less passive.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Imposter
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Transform

Ditto will outspeed any pokemon in the game. The problem is that Ditto has low HP stat, and so has to watch what pokemon it's going to become closely. The good news is that Ditto essentially becomes a copy with a scarf, making it a great revenge killer.

Am having a bit of a dilema as to whether I should prepare more for Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence, and if I really need Ditto. But it doesn't matter much, because I probably won't use this team after today.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I don't know why people post Anything Goes RMTs, but uh this is just something that stood out to me:

Arceus @ Toxic Orb
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Magic Coat
    - Facade
    - Thunder Wave
    - Shadow Claw

Would Knock Off Mega Sableye not be a better fit here? This set seems a bit convoluted and a waste of space, even in AG. Other than that I don't really see the need to give an in depth rate. If this doesn't work then you could always slap in a Mega Rayquaza I guess. The Sableye set is below if you want to try it out.

Spoiler:

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    I already have mega Rayquaza. Mega Sableye is a good pokemon, but just compared to others she is pretty much a waste of a mega slot here in AG, as the main pokemon he tries to counter can usually overpower him.

The point of the set is to be a lead, and a status absorber. It is much better to be poisoned then to be asleep, but magic guard is needed on the first turn so that Darkrai, Smeargle, (and a very gimmicky Liepard set that uses assist) Don't get a chance to set up.

I agree that it's a bit convoluted, same with the scarf Darkrai set. But the result was that it can not be burned, can T-wave Xerneas on the turn it sets up, hit very hard with Facade, and reasonably deal with ghosts using shadow claw.

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    Mainly to kill choice scarfers, blaziken, Mewtwo, and Shaymin Sky. Baton passers are also common in AG, and so Darkrai can put most recipients to sleep, and hit Espeon while leaving Diancie and other magic bouncers to Arceus. Lastly, trick can be used to take away stuff like Dragonite's lum berry, Latios's soul dew, ect, but is mainly used if I anticipate not needing the scarf later in battle.

Back