• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A New, Rather Strange Platinum Team

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
Years
'Sup fellas, what it do, it's me back with a new team for Generation 4.

I had already written two members for this, but i accidentally clicked something i shouldn't have, now i'm gonna have to write it all over again, so i'll just rush over the two first members.

For starters, Infernape. He has a good Speed stat and great Attacking stats. The problem is, i don't know what moves i want in him. I was thinking Overheat, but you can only get that in Stark Mountain. Close Combat is a move i can actually confirm, though.

As the flier, my idea is Honchkrow. Now i've never used him before, and i know he's not in the game, but here's the thing: I'll hack in a Murkrow for the game, probably at the Eterna Forest, which is the place you originally get it in Diamond, and it's right before Gardenia, so it'll help a lot. The first Dusk Stone i can find is in the hidden section of Wayward Cave, which is right AFTER Gardenia. Of course i won't evolve it after the 2nd Gym, i'll let it learn some moves first. Also i wanna take advantage of Murkrow's 91 Base Speed before it crumbles to a bad 71. Also, Honchkrow's HP, Attack and Special Attack are great!

As my Grass-type, we have a German Tiger War Tank Tangrowth. Or should i say, TANKGrowth (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA SO FUNNY OH MY GOD). This guy, besides having a great HP, Attack, Defense and Special Attack stat, has a pretty cool set of moves. Of course its Speed and Special Defense suck, but i've never used it before and i think it'd be a good addition to the team.

As my Garchomp replacement, we have Froslass. Why did i choose Froslass? I used it in my Black Randomizer Nuzlocke and i loved it! It never let me down. Its Speed is really neat, both its Attacking stats are rather nice, and its Defenses and HP could be better, but i like them this way. It doesn't get many great moves, but i think i could work with it just fine.

As my Water type, i have Floatzel. I've used this guy in my very first Platinum run and was not disappointed at all. It's another speedy Pokemon that hits hard and has bad Defenses, oh joy. Won't even talk much about this guy.

And as my final team member, it is actually one that doesn't hit SO hard and has great Defense. Introducing, Steelix. We're back to the tale of "i never used this guy and i think using him would be pretty cool and fun" here. He can be found only on Iron Island, and has a 10% encounter rate, so it's a long way before i get my hands in one.

Anyways, that's the team! If you have any ideas of team members and/or movesets, post down below.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 11, 2017
I just used Tangrowth and Infernape on my current play through and they're a lot of fun. Both of them can use physical and special attacks and that's always good. As far as movesets I went with

Infernape
Mach Punch
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Flamethrower

Tangrowth
Giga Drain
Earthquake
Toxic
Protect/Sludge Bomb

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 11, 2017
I didn't know you were breeding the guys I thought you were just grabbing them as you went through the story.

Back