• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen When was the last time you played?

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
  • Just before the remakes came out, actually. I was hoping to beat the elite four in my ruby and emerald game, but that never really came to a head. I should maybe start my ruby run over again, and then play Omega Ruby at the same time to really observe what changed and what stayed the same. Would be intriguing to see.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    It's been 5 months since I played them and it marked the first time I actually completed a core Pokemon game after a decade. If you count challenges like the Randomizer, that would be a month ago.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    This year, I think it was around May. I had to give up, it's difficult to adjust to the old battle system's Special stats. Dang the Psychic-types are basically gods!

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2016
    About a year ago now I guess. I went through a frenzy of re-buying all the classic games AND a new GameBoy to be able to do so. Nostalgia came flooding back.

Grade1310

Pokemon League Official
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    im playing my red version right now, taking on Giovannis gym as we speak

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • The last time I played was a long long time ago. So long in fact, that I can't even remember. Although if I had to guess, maybe a few years. They get boring after so long, even if they are a part of my childhood. I like to keep them now as mementos more than anything,

Years
  • If by 'play' you mean doing more than turning the game on to check on a few things, than, god, it's been years since I actually played the games. I just can't seem to get back to the games before the third gen, to be honest.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • It was about 6 or 7 months ago. I ended up playing through Red on my Super Gameboy since my xbox wasn't working and I didn't really feel like playing my playstation so I fired it up.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
    Years
  • lol I'm playing Red and I'm currently trading starters so that both Red and Blue have starters. For Blue, I have a fully raised Blastoise. For Red, I'll have a Charmander who won't get the trade-exp boost, so it'll match with the version covers. I also plan to trade between Red, Blue and Yellow, FINALLY completing that tricky Dex.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I started to replay red a few weeks ago, but I've made myself stop. I want to build up a little excitement for the ports in February.

Before that, wow, somewhere near 9 years since I'd touched any of the older gen games. It's been quite a while.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    This is a really good question lol. I don't remember exactly when was the last time. I'll just say 10+ years ago.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Months ago when I was trying to get the maximum amount of Pokemon possible without trading (124 + 1 Mew). Now that I got all of them, I stopped since there's really nothing else left.

LadyVenus

Team Cipher
    Years
  • Last time I played was in third grade, I believe. I traded my Crystal for one of my classmate's Blue version. Fun times.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    i'm playing Pokemon Yellow, and boy do i get tired out quick. I prefer Crystal. I still enjoy Yellow, but i have to put it down and breathe. There is literally no buffer between areas. It keeps escalating and escalating.

Last time I played was in third grade, I believe. I traded my Crystal for one of my classmate's Blue version. Fun times.

Wow! What a serious sin! I dont know what to compare that to. Perhaps...Its like trading A Link to the Past to Zelda II:The Adventure of Link

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I haven't played the original Silver [cartridge] in about 3 years, and I haven't played Pokemon Gold rom in about a year. Gold is my favorite however, as well as Heart Gold! Great games, I've just been playing other things particularly on PS4.

Back