• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Halloween Music

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • Is anyone bothered about the lack of Halloween music compared to the plethora of Christmas songs? All we have are Thriller, This is Halloween, and everyone's favorite, Spooky Scary Skeletons. Where are my Halloween equivalents to Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and Sleigh Ride. This is unjustified, because Halloween gets as much commercialization as Christmas, but having less songs that celebrate the holiday in comparison to the latter is just plain wrong. Do you guys agree with this music inequality, or are you not bothered by it at all? If you know any Halloween-ish music I may have looked over, then post it here.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • don't forget 'Monster Mash.' regardless I'm not too fussed about it either way, but I do listen to spooky stuff on Halloween anyway, and then watch a horror movie at night. it's somewhat of a fluid tradition of mine.

pkmin3033

There's also A Gorey Demise, by Creature Feature...most of their songs have a Halloween feel to them, in fact. Might want to check them out. If you want Halloween versions of Christmas songs, the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society has you covered with tracks like Carol of the Old Ones. They're awesome.

Although yeah, there isn't much music for Halloween...probably due to the nature of it. It's not a religious holiday for one (well, not for most people) so that cuts out a huge portion of hymns you get for things like Christmas and Easter, which aren't intended to be commercial, despite how they're often (over)used. About all you get over here is a ton of Halloween-themed food in the supermarkets, it's always been a bigger thing in the States, despite its origins.

It's never really bothered me, because I've never celebrated Halloween. They have value through scarcity, though - what few songs we do have are awesome. Some of the Christmas songs I have to put up with make me want to start setting fire to things, especially when you hear them months in advance...

Years
  • I think most Halloween music is just on the fringes, like this one, 'Halloween' by Siouxsie and the Banshees, or is not specifically thought of as Halloween music like (Don't Fear) The Reaper by Blue Öyster Cult.

Years

• This is literally the best banger to put on during your costume party, Thriller came on at the one I was last saturday and **** things started to go down, haha.

Back