• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shedinja Stall

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • Recently I've seen more Shedinja teams popping up on the ladder, which are generally defensively-inclined and use Pokemon such as Togekiss, Seismitoad and Skarmory to give cancer to your opponents.

What do you think of this strategy?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Doesn't Elf use a team with Shedinja on it these days?

I haven't seen a rise in Shedinja usage myself, though maybe I'm just not on the right part of the ladder.

Years
  • DA does have a Shedinja team, but apart from his use of it I haven't seen another one outside of randbats since I came back. As for the strategy, I think it's pretty risky and you need to be spot on with your predictions to use it otherwise Shed's just a wasted slot.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • I don't mind a Shedinja, a Chansey or Gliscor can cause a bigger headache if not prepared!

Sirfetch’d

I don't understand the point of ever using this Pokemon outside of BH. It requires so much team support to even remotely function and unless you are running Safety Goggles, you auto lose to pretty much any weather team. You have to pair it with something like Mega Sableye, Mega Diancie, just to make sure hazards are never an issue. The amount of effort it takes to make this mon "worthwhile" is just ridiculous, imo. There are so many better Pokemon. I understand that this Pokemon does have it's advantages in a lot of matchups, can stop certain setup sweepers, etc. but yeah... Maybe I am just not a huge fan of gimmick strategies like this.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't understand the point of ever using this Pokemon outside of BH. It requires so much team support to even remotely function and unless you are running Safety Goggles, you auto lose to pretty much any weather team. You have to pair it with something like Mega Sableye, Mega Diancie, just to make sure hazards are never an issue. The amount of effort it takes to make this mon "worthwhile" is just ridiculous, imo. There are so many better Pokemon. I understand that this Pokemon does have it's advantages in a lot of matchups, can stop certain setup sweepers, etc. but yeah... Maybe I am just not a huge fan of gimmick strategies like this.
    The main reason is that it allows slower teams to counter Manaphy that don't have HP Fire. The only other options they have without using offensive alternatives are Unaware + CM Clefable and Ferrothorn + Scald absorber. I used to rely on that type of Clef to beat Mana but now I'm adjusting to semi-stall and balance methods like LO Latis, Specs Keldeo, Serperior, fast Electrics, etc.

I haven't fought against or used Shedinja before, so I don't have much of an opinion on it. I dislike how useless it is vs Tyranitar and Hippowdon. I don't think I'll ever use it unless I get really bored. I think the main reason these teams are effective at all is Dugtrio. Being able to scout with BP Shedinja and trap the incoming Pokemon or switch back to Shedinja is very effective in certain match-ups. Once again an example of how incredibly good trapping is in singles.

Back