• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

fakemon evolution crash

Years
Hi there everyone- I hope your games are going well!

I've run into a bit of a snag where if one of the fakemon try to evolve the game crashes. The standard pokemon are fine and the game is okay with me adding the evolved form straight into the party using the debugger so I know the new fakemon is generally working. I am using a slightly older version of essentials.

the error occurs after the transformation screen, right after we see the new pokemon/ fakemon in colour. the error log is below if someone can help me find the problem that would be great.

---------------------------
Pocketmon XFire! (V0.0.5)
---------------------------
Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: TypeError

Message: Section144:1230:in `+'cannot convert nil into String

***Full script:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::YOUNGCOUPLE,"Peta & Pan",_I("Our teamwork failed!"),true)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

PokemonUtilities:1230:in `pbResolveAudioSE'

PokemonUtilities:1243:in `pbCryFrameLength'

PokemonEvolution:475:in `pbEvolution'

PokemonField:1134:in `pbEvolutionCheck'

PokemonField:1126:in `each'

PokemonField:1126:in `pbEvolutionCheck'

PokemonField:1252

PokemonField:1248:in `call'

PBEvent:54:in `trigger'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:788:in `command_111'

Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:114:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `main'

I appreciate your time, so thanks for reading this.

Googleshop

Seth Pegasus

Creator of Pokemon: The Conspiracy.
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
It looks to me like the problem is in this event

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::YOUNGCOUPLE,"Peta & Pan",_I("Our [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]teamwork[/FONT][/FONT] failed!"),true)

Does this event have the new fakemon in their party? The problem is here, so check the event and see if it's leading to a pokemon or event that does not exist.

Also, telling us the version of essentials you use may help.

Years
Thank you for your reply,

I checked the event which ran smoothly when the evolution didn't occur and the same crash occured when the fakemon evolved from a wild battle.

I'm using v12 of essentials

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Do you have a cry in the audio folder for the new fakemon? Part of the error message shows pbCryFrameLength so i'm wondering if its to do with the cry. If you don't have a cry, try using a random one and see is it solves it

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 18, 2023
It's possible it has something to do with the PBS data of the fakemon? I'm new to all this myself but if you post that it might reveal something you didn't notice before. =) Like my fakemon, when it evolved it would go down 2 levels. I figured out it was because the fakemon leveled faster than the pokemon it evolved into. Could be something simple like that.

Back