• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How do you get Team Rocket to leave Goldenrod?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I used a cheat code that allows you to rebattle gym leaders. After rebattling Pryce, Team Rocket appeared in Goldenrod again. None of them will rebattle me though. Do I need to find a way to rebattle the final Rocket Executive? How do I do that?

Years
  • Use Fire Wheel 100 times and Team Rocket will disband.

In any case, assuming that the radio tower is still open, what are the final Rocket characters saying, if you have the appropriate items? They generally wouldn't stay around for long after battling. Other than that, if you can't go back before the Pryce battle, you might want to cede Goldenrod City to Team Rocket, and proceed to Blackthorn if possible past the non-player character who would be in the way. TR in Goldenrod doesn't give you a badge, per se. There may be another way, such as tempting them to fight with a Pikachu? I believe the final TR grunt might not be a specific character in battle, so that might not help in isolation. Anyway, a bit of an interesting outcome, a bit CYOA. There might be some other options you may wish to try.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Use Fire Wheel 100 times and Team Rocket will disband.

In any case, assuming that the radio tower is still open, what are the final Rocket characters saying, if you have the appropriate items? They generally wouldn't stay around for long after battling. Other than that, if you can't go back before the Pryce battle, you might want to cede Goldenrod City to Team Rocket, and proceed to Blackthorn if possible past the non-player character who would be in the way. TR in Goldenrod doesn't give you a badge, per se. There may be another way, such as tempting them to fight with a Pikachu? I believe the final TR grunt might not be a specific character in battle, so that might not help in isolation. Anyway, a bit of an interesting outcome, a bit CYOA. There might be some other options you may wish to try.

I have proceeded to get all 16 badges and they are still there. I can't find a code to let me rebattle the last Executive.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm guessing that some sort of bit got changed in the code when you beat Pryce, triggering the series of events that led to Team Rocket's reappearance. If you could figure out what bit got changed, what flag got reset, etc., you could probably find a code to modify your file and fix the problem. Do you remember what code it was that caused this problem to occur, and do you know anyone else who has had a similar problem?

When you beat Pryce, if I recall correctly, you get a phone call (from Elm?) telling you about the events in Goldenrod when you leave the gym. Can you trigger any of his later phone calls? No idea if that would be relevant or not, or exactly when the Team Rocket in Goldenrod event gets set, but I would try triggering any scripted post-Goldenrod Rocket removal event you can come up with.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I'm guessing that some sort of bit got changed in the code when you beat Pryce, triggering the series of events that led to Team Rocket's reappearance. If you could figure out what bit got changed, what flag got reset, etc., you could probably find a code to modify your file and fix the problem. Do you remember what code it was that caused this problem to occur, and do you know anyone else who has had a similar problem?

When you beat Pryce, if I recall correctly, you get a phone call (from Elm?) telling you about the events in Goldenrod when you leave the gym. Can you trigger any of his later phone calls? No idea if that would be relevant or not, or exactly when the Team Rocket in Goldenrod event gets set, but I would try triggering any scripted post-Goldenrod Rocket removal event you can come up with.

When yout beat the E4, Elm calls you and tells you to come to this his lab to get the S.S. Ticket. Team Rocket was STILL there afterwards. I really think I need to find a code that will let me rebattle the final Executive.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    As you have mentioned the only way you will probably be able to fix the problem is if you find a code to let you rebattle the final executive. Defeating Pryce will of course always trigger the TR presence in Goldenrod, and the only event which triggers their departure is defeating the final executive. This is why such cheat codes are unusually not advisable due to these unintended consequences. The game data indicates these TR NPCs have already been defeated while the precursor for their presence has been reactivated due to your repeat battle against Pryce. Since the problem occurred due to a cheat code I don't see how it can be fixed without one.

Back