• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

rate my MEGA! crystal team

ben cousins

Backspacer
Years
  • nah just kidding i did that for attention anyhows unlike my other team this one while still being played on the vba isnt sharked one bit and btw i've beaten the elite four about 10 times or somthing but i still cant beat red [he's better then me in every way] wel here goes nothing SHINY GYRADOS LV. 58 HYDRO PUMP HYPER BEAM ZAP CANNON DRAGONBREATH this dude is my beast PIDGEOT LV.61 WING ATACK ENDURE FLY SWAGGER he's more of annoyer and against bruno he is god SUICUNE LV.62 SURF AURORA BEAM MIRROR COAT still looking for a fourth move for my token ''legondery'' TYPHLOSION [NICKNAME ANGELO] LV.69 FLAME WHEEL FLAMETHROWER SWIFT yep the invetible token starter RHYDON LV.41 SURF STOMP HORN DRILL STRENGTH i got him at victory road when he was just a rhyhorn levle 33 or somthing NATU [NICKNAME DOCTER DRE] LV.20 PECK LEER NIGHT SHADE TELEPORT yup i just caught this weakling hope to mold him into will's xatu as for the name i got it off this penguin on this show who was a rapper[; also i have many better pokemon then docter dre but i like the challenge [training him] and cos bird pkmn are awesome,and forgive my awful spelling.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Generally there's a theme of repeating attacks here (for example, if you have one fire type attack, having another on the same Pokemon is a waste of space, so that should change imo, but with a lack of an extensive moveset, I understand why it's hard.

Zap Cannon has too much risk for reward - if you really want an electrical attack, go with either thunder or thunderbolt (the latter if you want perfect accuracy). Generally, though, Gyarados sucks in generation 2 because its evs point towards a more physical Pokemon, while in reality it gets no useful physical attacks. Either way, Hyper Beam is too risky (as in being stopped for a turn) so for coverage you could go for either Flamethrower or Ice Beam, it really doesn't matter. :x Generally if you have wing attack, you don't need fly, or vice versa. Swagger can work, but only against purely special teams, iirc, Red's team is mostly special so you could try it on his starters. Endure isn't useful if the Pokemon is slower than you (as in, if you can kill them, why not kill them already?) and since Pidgeot is not entirely slow, yeaaah. As for Suicune, try Ice Beam instead of Aurora Beam - you want to hit hard in Crystal really. For Typhlosion, you could always use ThunderPunch for extra coverage, since really, Typhlosion's gen 2 moveset = really limited. Also, Fire Blast > Flamethrower, but depends if you want power or accuracy. Oh and teach Rhydon Earthquake when you can - Pikachu is your big threat, after all, with the fact that you've got three Pokemon weak to it.

Either way I can't think of anything else to comment on (at least not rn with Natu) :( But gl facing Red yet again!

Back