• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do you still play the Pokemon games?

Years
  • I find myself playing the spin-offs more than the main series. I still love Pokemon Puzzle League for N64 and play it all the time.

Years
  • I still play the Pokemon games because I just simply never get tired of them. I love anything fantasy and with adventure, so Pokemon instantly appealed to me and I never stopped loving it. Also, the ability to play through every game and have a different experience every time is what keeps me playing until the next main game is released. With most games, I'll finish it once and then maybe pick it up from time to time, but with Pokemon it's different, I've had a connection with the games from a young age and I don't think it'll go away anytime soon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2021
    Pokemon gives me an escape from reality. I like playing ROM hacks a lot, too. And nuzlockes. But I play Pokemon because it's simply put, fun! I really wish that Pokemon virtual reality was a thing. THAT would be cool. I've played for about 6-7 years, and I'm not stopping anytime soon!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • The concept is still really exciting and fun! Even after all these years, I'm still super into it. Also, seeing as I'm developing my own game it's always nice to try and check out as many of the official games as I can for inspiration and feature ideas. Even if I'm not enjoying a particularly sequence or area, it's still of value.

That said, it's not often that there's a section I really dislike. Overall, the games are fantastic.

Years
  • Like Ben, I love the sense of adventure but also because it makes you feel like being in your own world, as Angie said perfectly. I also feel Pokemon is a franchise that can appeal to any age, especially after meeting so many fellow players around my age here.

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • I find the games fun! I like the concept of being able to obtain and raise different creatures, and because of the different kinds of Pokemon I can play the game differently than others, in a way. I also like the idea that this is a series with quite a bit of depth to it in terms of battling.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    After Pokemon Platinum, I skipped Black/White and thought myself to be done with the series. I then saw the trailers for X/Y and was impressed by how they looked. After playing it, I was hooked all over again. It's fun to encounter and capture fantastical creatures in a bright. cheerful world. Trying to breed the best pokemon possible and plotting strategies for online battles is highly addictive.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Pokemon games always seem to absorb me into them, they are one of the few game franchises I can play that allow me to completely be lost in my imagination.

The pokemon games make me feel like a meticulous breeder who is constantly honing his craft in the proper care and raising of pure bred pokemon for companionship and competition. I like to imagine that I own my own personal plot of land where I raise and care for pokemon and I take special requests from some of the most powerful trainers from around the world to breed them high quality pokemon for various uses.

The pokemon games make me feel like a seasoned adventurer who travels the vast corners of the world to find as many different species of pokemon to capture and raise for possible future breeding, whether they be obnoxiously common or stupendously rare. Collecting and studying many species in their various natural and sometimes unnatural environments, allowing me to take in extravagant sights and travel mysterious detours.

The pokemon games make me feel like a curious investigator who is constantly caught up in the mysteries of current and the legends of past. Constantly stumbling into trouble and preventing them from expanding into huge travesties, or inadvertently awakening mighty ancient beasts only to quell them of their rage or troubles.

The pokemon games make me feel like a man who has learned to grow and bond with fantastic, beautiful, and interesting creatures that care about me as much as I do them. They have personalities, attitudes, emotions, and a deep concern in pleasing their owner in the best possible way that they can. As long as I have these fantastic friends of mine by my side, nothing in this fantastic world of pokemon can stop me.

These are the reasons why I still play Pokemon games, and will probably never stop.

Back