• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves like Mewtwo's X-Ball?

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Are there any Pokemon in the current series that have moves like Mewtwo Ex's X-Ball? I keep crushing my gf's deck with Mewtwo's X-Ball and she is getting very angry and wanted me to ask. I googled it but couldn't find an answer. Thank you!

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Mewtwo-EX is the only Pokemon that has an attack which deals 20 damage per energy and also attached to the defending Pokemon. Mewtwo-EX is countered by itself, so you should probably get some Mewtwo-EX tins for your girlfriend !
You wait for your opponent to commit energy to their Mewtwo-EX and then you use your Mewtwo-EX with a Double Colorless Energy and an energy switch to KO their Mewtwo-EX !
Alternative counters to Mewtwo-EX are Sigilyph from Dark Explorers which has the "Safe Guard" ability which prevents it from being damaged by EX Pokemon.
Darkrai-EX can 2 hit KO the Pokemon and has resistance to Mewtwo-EX so he can be a viable attacker against it.

Years
I found a great counter to it today, a Ditto. From the Base Set, just sent it out after my pokemon got KO'd by it and them attatched a double colourless to it then KO it.

But I did get screwed over when they sent out a Magikarp with 30hp... It knew fail so if I attacked it my ditto would have fainted... But in the end I won :D

I should also say that the person I was against was my girlfriend... She didn't know I had a Ditto in my deck :P

Back