• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hey you! Answer this Survey! [ #9 ]

What do you think of "The Passing Survey"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    A Survey you say?
    The C-Gear has a feature where you can answer survey questions for you to share the answers of which through the C Gear's Passing By mode. In Hiun City, you'll find the C Gear building to the far left of the Main Area. In this building, a researcher will set you various questions for you with a variety of excuses for giving you the questions. You need to do them all sequentially with the questions ranking up as you go. If you manage to successfully complete the surveys through Passing By, you'll get given an item. You get given a choice on whether to do the surveys by the amount of people or within a set amount of time.

The way you collect answers is simple. In the C Gear Passing By mode, you yourself answer the questions, just as the other players do. Then, when you encounter the players in Passing By mode, the information will be shared automatically and you wont need to go and request the information. There isn't a set time limit on how long you have to run the surveys, but you have a limit before you can produce results.
    - From Serebii :D;

So whether you have tried out the activity or not, what do you think about the feature? Basically in the survey they ask you questions in groups and receive prize items in return. Maybe you find the questions interesting, or perhaps you find some of them a bit hard to answer. It may not be a huge feature but another part in the game to prevent boredom after the Elite Four. What do you think? :)

Discuss away!

★ ★ ★

Last edited:

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
    Years
  • Besides the fact that I'm the only one I know with pokemon black... I am not all to familiar with the C-gear.
    I have tried the dream world and it's pretty cool, though.
    I personally have it off because it wastes a ton of battery and I have no need for it, so the surveys aren't something I generally do. I've seen the questions and they're kinda interesting. The black or white question reminded me of this website haha...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm not bothered about it, I probably won't even use it. Plus I don't know anyone who'd be getting the games in my area.

It's ok though since it was never an issue for me to begin with. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't exist.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I couldn't do it for 2 reasons, 1. I have an AceKard and 2. No one else I know has the games. So, I can't really say until it comes out here. It does look interesting, though.

You can still use these features even if you have a Flash card.

Unless it's not Wifi supported.

Anyway I'm the only person I know who likes Pokemon and who owns Pokemon, I highly doubt I'll find any passer's by. I'm not carrying my DS around with me either XD; -_-

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I would probably only use it once, then forget about it. It is pretty cool I guess though.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Pretty cool, I'll probably use it.
    But the game is in Japanese >_>
    So I can't answer the questions 'til the english version's coming out >_>

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Didn't know it existed. I have both games in Japanese, but I can't read it, so I won't bother with this feature until the English games come out.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    :O
    Same here, I never knew that it existed.. o_O; Now I wonder what lengthy talk was going on betwwen the researcher and me. -_-;

I'll have to wait for the English version to voice my opinion about it though. XD;

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • It's a pretty cool feature, keep your DS on while taking the train to school and get a free item on the way back.
    Also, just finished my final survey today, and some surveys actually tells a story about the professor (who hands you the survey) and his love interest. Quite romantic.

Of course, it's mostly there as incentive to have your DS's wireless on so others can enter your highlink world while you can enter theirs too.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I want to try it, but since I don't have friends who play it, I don't use it. It seems like a cool feature though!

I'll be sure to try it when the English version comes out since my older brother buys it too.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I might want to try out this feature when I actually get my English copies of Pokémon Black and White. I always try out something new. This feature sounds interesting!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Since I have a lot of friends that play Pokemon and plus I go away for college, finding people to do this survey will be nice to do. I like the fact that you get prizes just for answering surveys just like in real life, so I will be using this as soon as I get it

:t354:TG

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh lol, Hiun instead of Castelia...

I never actually really did anything with these surveys, I mean, I answered about three, started to laugh about how they were worded and then did nothing more. It's not like anybody nearby here actually uses the games, so I can't really actually "do" anything with them except for be amused.

Back