• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#15: The Moth & Butterfly Effect

Which are your favorites?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I picked Venomoth. I've always loved it and had so much fun using it. Most of the other moths/butterflies suck to use and Venomoth is one of the few useful ones I feel.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Okay, so my first choice: Butterfree! definitely not sucking up to Brendino

Simply because it's the original butterfly and it's really cute, and it evolves from Venonat and it has a great ability in Compound Eyes, boosting his status inflicting moves from 75% acc. to near 100%, AND boosting the odds of finding wild Pokemon with items. As a matter of fact, my Marshmallo (damn you, gen 5 character limit) the female Butterfree, was my main player today as I hunted Solrock for Sun Stones in Glittering Cave. Did I mention that it's also really cute?

and just to show that I'm definitely not sucking up to Brendino I also chose Volcarona, because it's looks beautiful, though I think that I'd be terrified if I saw one IRL. But the fan art is really gorgeous, so I really can't pass on voting for it as well. Plus, it's great in battle, as others have mentioned, and it also has Flame Body + Fly, a killer combo as any breeder would know.

And yeah, I also voted for Vivi, because they did a pretty interesting thing with all the wing patterns. I like that effect with the scales scattering from its wings when you view it in your party, with the scales actually matching the color of the wings, I thought it was a nice touch. Also, I find it really funny that they made Pokemon #666 such a cute and fun critter.

Years
  • This poll is too hard. Someone please kill me I can't.

Beautifly is my top from the list for sure - that much I know as it's always been one of my favorite bugs. But Mothim, Volcarona, and Vivillon are almost as amazing and have grown on me relatively quickly, although it took a while to warm up to Volcarona. They're all really fun to use despite most of them (bar Volcarona) being fairly weak!

Venomoth and Dustox though.. are quite forgettable.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Butterfree and Volcarona for me based on design. I haven't used a Volcarona yet but I bet it's a powerhouse.

Volcarona > Butterfree > Beautifly > Vivillon > Venomoth > Dustox > Mothim

Years
  • ^ I love Volcarona, Beautifly, and Butterfree best as well.

Volcarona > Beautifly = Butterfree > Vivillion > Venomoth > Mothim > Dustox

Volcarona is beautiful, yet a bit sinister, and has an amazing typing.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • Volcarona gets the top spot for me, with the runner ups being Butterfree and Beautifly. Who can deny the raw power of its fire and bug-type moves as well as the amazing design of that powerhouse? Haha. I also generally like pretty Pokemon, hence the votes towards the two butterflies as well.

Back