• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi guys! :3

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Hi! My name is Andreja, and I've been a huge fan of Pokemon since I could barely talk. It started with the anime, but as soon as I found out about the games, I couldn't put them down. I mostly prefer casual playing - catching the ones I like and... well, imagining I'm really in the game... that or a nuzlocke, although the first-catch rule is as annoying as it is interesting. My first game was fire-red, which is probably the reason I like the third gen the best. Fave Pokemon: I'd choose the Ralts line - a really neat catch in my Nuzlocke.
    I have done some competitive battling in the past, and I do know a thing or two about it too, but I'm far from an expert.

Soooo, since I barely have any friends that play those games, I feel this could be a great place to connect with some more Pokefans.

Wovoka

Glaceon = Best Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2020
    Welcome!
    I'm pretty new here too but PC is full of very friendly people. We also have section devoted just for Gen 3, so you should check that out.

Hope you enjoy PC!

MusicClues

Mashup Maker and Sun/M/XY Champion/Master
    Years
  • Hello there! Welcome! I'm MusicClues but Call me MC.

I'm not that big of a Gen 3 fan but You'll find More around here. :) Also Don't Let My Mascot DJ fool ya, I'm a Diehard Pokemon Fan. Hope to See ya around.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • Hi! My name is Andreja, and I've been a huge fan of Pokemon since I could barely talk. It started with the anime, but as soon as I found out about the games, I couldn't put them down. I mostly prefer casual playing - catching the ones I like and... well, imagining I'm really in the game... that or a nuzlocke, although the first-catch rule is as annoying as it is interesting. My first game was fire-red, which is probably the reason I like the third gen the best. Fave Pokemon: I'd choose the Ralts line - a really neat catch in my Nuzlocke.
    I have done some competitive battling in the past, and I do know a thing or two about it too, but I'm far from an expert.

Soooo, since I barely have any friends that play those games, I feel this could be a great place to connect with some more Pokefans.

Yupp, you have a whole forum dedicated to gen 3, which i beleive is the first gen which gave me the feeling of reality in the pokégames. Morever, here you can make your own gen 3 battle team here and fight battles on the showdown.

Years
  • Welcome. A convenient place for a fan of the series.

You like Nuzlockes, eh? Which of the games have you done such runs for, mostly FR/LG/R/S/E or most of the other ones? There's many people who are fans of such runs here, as well as a challenge forum, if you're interested in posting in there. If you like casual runs and Nuzlocke, presumably you would like Pachirisu, the epitome of the casual Nuzlocke. Still, though, Ralts is an interesting choice, as they did have an interesting place as one of the first straightforward early-game Psychics, although their evolutions do tend to approximate a Pachirisu. Any preferences as regards their evolutionary forms, who are quite different in a way? The popularity of the series has perhaps decreased a bit. You should be able to discuss most of your interests, from the third gen to the anime, on designated forums here, so you may well be fine with discussing such things if you wish to.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Before I say I anything else, I want to thank you guys for welcoming me to the community so nicely! You are awesome, and I really appreciate that! I'm sure that I'll have quite a blast here. And I'll also make sure to visit all the sections you guys have recommended me.

Welcome!
    I'm pretty new here too but PC is full of very friendly people. We also have section devoted just for Gen 3, so you should check that out.

Hope you enjoy PC!
    Thanks, I'll make sure to do just that. This forum is rather detailed, from what I've seen, and has something for everyone.

Hello there! Welcome! I'm MusicClues but Call me MC.

I'm not that big of a Gen 3 fan but You'll find More around here. Also Don't Let My Mascot DJ fool ya, I'm a Diehard Pokemon Fan. Hope to See ya around.
    Thanks, pal! And hey, I like Sonic too! Nothing wrong with that.You're mascot's pretty cool.

Yupp, you have a whole forum dedicated to gen 3, which i beleive is the first gen which gave me the feeling of reality in the pokégames. Morever, here you can make your own gen 3 battle team here and fight battles on the showdown.
    I will make sure to check it out, thanks! I like the third gen because I feel it's a perfect combination. Newer games have awesome graphics and some cool new features, but they are, in my opinion, a little slow and have too many characters that they try too hard to make important. Old ones are something special, nostalgia hits hard with them, and your rivals aren't obsessed with you, but... they were made quite a while ago as we can see from their graphics. I feel like the third gen stands somewhere in between, but it's just me.

Heeey Andreja! and welcome to PC, it's really nice to meet another fan!

I was on the same situation as you, I never really had many friends to talk about Pokemon, and to be honest. Nobody ever knew that I liked it so much, until I came here and things changed! I never played a Nuzlocke, I don't find them enjoyable, specially on a game where most things are luck based. If luck wasn't a factor in every single battle, I would try them, but I don't want to lose my Pokemons thanks to a crit, or something like that... I would rage so hard, haha.

If I can help you around here, feel free to ask me. If you want to chat, feel free to send me a message! I wish you luck with everything here, and I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Yeah. and it's especially bad when you kinda get in some Pokemon hype (like with Pokemon GO now) and you wanna talk about it all day and night, but don't have anyone to do it with. I'm confident I made a great choice by joining this place.
    I don't find nuzlockes enjoyable anymore, either. They are challenging, they can give you a few new Pokemon you like, help you get deeper into the game and that's all cool and fun but... after a few times it gets tiring having to settle with the same Pokemon which usually aren't even bad or weak but you just don't like them. It would be more fun if we could pick one Pokemon per route, in my opinion.
    Thank you for welcoming me!

Welcome. A convenient place for a fan of the series.

You like Nuzlockes, eh? Which of the games have you done such runs for, mostly FR/LG/R/S/E or most of the other ones? There's many people who are fans of such runs here, as well as a challenge forum, if you're interested in posting in there. If you like casual runs and Nuzlocke, presumably you would like Pachirisu, the epitome of the casual Nuzlocke. Still, though, Ralts is an interesting choice, as they did have an interesting place as one of the first straightforward early-game Psychics, although their evolutions do tend to approximate a Pachirisu. Any preferences as regards their evolutionary forms, who are quite different in a way? The popularity of the series has perhaps decreased a bit. You should be able to discuss most of your interests, from the third gen to the anime, on designated forums here, so you may well be fine with discussing such things if you wish to.

It looks like a cool place!
    Liked, might be better way to put it, heh. As I stated in the comment above, some aspects of the challenge got a bit tiresome over time, mainly because they limit you to similar choice of Pokemon as everyone else will get + few occasional strokes of good luck, but that's just me. On the other hand, they will make you fall in love with some Pokemon you used to have no opinion on, at best.
    Honestly, I've only completed one Nuzlocke - an Emerald one, because I was doing a comic on it which made me loyal to it, but even that's water under bridge now. Most of the other ones... are stuck, as I can't bring myself to either delete the or find enough will to finish them. This usually happens when my fave Pokemon dies...
    I had my Ralts evolve into a Gardevoir - I prefer that form, it serves me well against the dragon types in the newer games, too.
    Thank you for the suggestions!

All smiley had to die because of the glitch.

Years
  • As I stated in the comment above, some aspects of the challenge got a bit tiresome over time, mainly because they limit you to similar choice of Pokemon as everyone else will get + few occasional strokes of good luck, but that's just me. On the other hand, they will make you fall in love with some Pokemon you used to have no opinion on, at best.
    That's a fairly interesting focus. Have you opted to use many of these casually, that is does there tend to be some overlap between such runs, or do you just take a general interest in such things?

Honestly, I've only completed one Nuzlocke - an Emerald one, because I was doing a comic on it which made me loyal to it, but even that's water under bridge now. Most of the other ones... are stuck, as I can't bring myself to either delete the or find enough will to finish them. This usually happens when my fave Pokemon dies...
    No wonder you like FR/LG then, it officially recognises such travails. Perhaps if you focussed them more on things such as, as you said, finding types you like, or surveying things, it might help, if part of the problem is attachment? Still, that's cool. Good luck making up your mind on those.

Do you tend towards third versions, then, or was that just Emerald?

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Well, I do suppose I get too extreme from time to time. I either play too casually (I rarely breed in order to get mons, and most of my competitions are with Showdown...) or, when doing a nuzlocke, I add too many rules.
    As for the Pokemon... well, I only reprise my catches from nuzlockes if I really like them. Drifloon is one such example.
    It's worth noting that Pokemon X is great for nuzlockes, because of the varity of Pokemon you can get. For example, you can get things like Pikachu, Marill, Litleo... early on, rather easily... those may not be much usually, but in a nuzlocke, they are considered great catches.

What about you? Do you like doing nuzlockes? Have you done any?

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • Welcome to the Community! And I agree, X and Y are really good games for Nuzlockes. If you want to find some more challenges, you can head over to the Challenges Forum right here!

Back