• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Meloetta vs Genesect

Meloetta or Genesect?

• Meloetta

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Genesect

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • These two are the final two mons found in the Unova Pokedex, so how about we compare them?

Which one is more useful?
    Which one has a better design?

Which one of Meloetta's formes do you prefer?
    Which one would win in a battle between the two?
    (but we all know... lol)
    Which one do you prefer?

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Which one is more useful?: I'm gonna have to plump for Genesect. I'm not a regular in these polls but I'm assuming this is for competitive viability (it proabably isn't but that's how I'm gonna approach it). It just has so many powerful sets: Choice Band, Choice Scarf, Shift Gear, Life Orb.... I could go on. It just can fill so many roles and you could see during Pokébank XY that it was on literally 9/10 teams. Meloetta is cool too with Relic Song, Choice Specs and (my favourite) Assault Vest, but it's not quite as good as Genesect for me.

Which one has a better design?: Again it's Genesect . I just love it and all the lore behind it being a revived Kabutops that was upgraded! It also reminds me of a Ferrari when it's in it's shiny form (which was WAY more common than the original at one stage) which is pretty cool. Meoletta is okay too but I'm not a huge fan of it, I'm sure it'd grow on me if I used it more but oh well.

Which one of Meloetta's formes do you prefer?: I much rather the Aria forme for Meloetta. It's really cool and suits it a little more, the Pirouette forme is awesome too but I just kinda prefer the one I said first lol. Just a matter of personal preference here!

Which one would win in a battle between the two?: Haha, it has to be Genesect!

Which one do you prefer?: Genesect basically came out on top in every category so I have to say it! I just love everything about it: competitive versatility, design, lore etc! It's hard to top it and it's one of my favourite Legendaries. I wish it had more screen time in the games. At least it got to feud with Mega Mewtwo Y in that movie!

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
  • Which one is more useful? Meloetta!
    Which one has a better design? Genesect! (yea I know he is so badass)
    Which one of Meloetta's formes do you prefer? Aria forme!
    Which one would win in a battle between the two? Genesect I think?
    Which one do you prefer? Meloetta it is an instrument <3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I personally prefer Meloetta to Genesect. Both are a little gimmicky, though. Meloetta has its formes while Genesect has those different tapes to change the type of its move, but I think that being said, Genesect's gimmick is a bit better in terms of battling, haha. Genesect's design doesn't really appeal to me though, so I definitely like Meloetta betta! ;) I prefer the Pirouette form because I love to dance and I think that updo just suits it nicely. 8)

Sirfetch’d

I prefer Meloetta to Genesect overall in terms of typing, design, and the fact that it has a really sweet alternate form. That said, Genesect is clearly superior in terms of overall usefulness. It has a better overall movepool, competitive typing, and stats. Meloetta still gets my vote though!

Years
  • While Genesect is the better of the two in terms of battling, I prefer Meloetta much more due to a better design, my love of cute Pokemon and also having a more unique type (the Pirouette Forme specifically, although Mega Lopunny is now a thing as well). Genesect's form differences aren't much different at all, while Meloetta changes not just its hairstyle but also its stats which is definitely more fun than just changing the type of a certain move.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Which one is more useful?
    Definitely Genesect. Its signature move is really cool, and quite powerful, more so than Meloetta's Relic Song which is quite niche and hard to pull off.

I would say Meloetta, because its gorgeous green hair really highlights its concept as an embodiment of song and dance. Its Pirouette form is pretty fancy and snazzy too.

The Aria Form. Love the hair, as I've said before.

Which one would win in a battle between the two?
    Clearly the winner is Genesect just because it resists Meloetta and can finish the song with a Bug-type move. Plus Meloetta's Normal typing just weakens it...

Which one do you prefer?
    Genesect. More usability and overall, a nice design.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Which one is more useful?
    Which one would win in a battle between the two? (but we all know... lol)
    Which one do you prefer?

Competitive wise, Genesect is more useful. I personally prefer Genesect's design, but Meloetta's Aria Forme is cute, that said I prefer this forme a lot. I believe Gensect's going to win due to type advatage over the Aria Forme.

Back