• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Burial or cremation?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • So, you're dead.

How would you like your loved ones to handle your remains? Would you like them to bury you in the ground or burn you to ash?

If you chose burial, where would you like to be buried?
    If you chose cremation, where would you like to have your ashes stored or scattered?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm donating organs after I die and I'm not really sure how that works. After they're done with that, just cremate me. I find it morbid to think of someone keeping my ashes though. It's just that funerals are CRAZY expensive and it doesn't really make any sense. Why do I need a silk-lined coffin for my soulless corpse? I don't want a viewing (since they'll make you get a coffin for that even if you're getting cremated), I don't want a big funeral with tons of flowers and stuff, I just want a small funeral with my ashes and then I haven't decided where I would want my ashes to go after that.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • Um I already know this one a burial is best for me.

I think my parents will bury me in a cemetery that has all my other deceased family members. Just to keep us together I guess

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Well, this is a morbid topic...

Burial. I know it's expensive, but the thought of me becoming ashes sorta freaks me out, as childish as that sounds. I know either way I'll end up becoming dust, but I feel a burial would be proper. Besides, I don't think my parents would want me to be cremated.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • After donating as many organs as possible, I'm definitely going for the cremation route. There are so many people that die (100% of the population will die at some point) and if we keep burying them all we are so gonna run out of room. So I think it's better to have your body turned to ash and either given to your loved ones or scattered into the atmosphere.

I understand why people go for burial, there's a psychological aspect to it - but I think I'm more comfortable with my body being turned to ash than being eaten by worms underground XD

As for where I'd go? I'd want a bit of the ash put in a jar on the mantelpiece of my family members so it can creep them out, because I have a sick sense of humour like that, and the rest I want scattered in a nice garden. I think it would be nice to spend eternity among the leafage, it'd be a nice place to rest.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • Cremation. Donating organs after I die, so I figure what's the point in keeping the rest of my dead body. Burial is expensive and it takes up space that can be used for someone else. As far as where I'd what I'd want done with my ashes? I dunno. Maybe just dump em somewhere. Dunno where exactly though. No real reason to keep me around, being dead and all.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I'd like to be cremated. I don't want to waste space in the ground or make my family pay for a funeral. I don't know where I want my ashes, I'll have to decide that later, just dump them somewhere lol, I'll be dead I won't know.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd rather be buried somewhere in a cemetery than be cremated. If I was cremated, then I want my ashes to be kept somewhere safe just so my family would have something to remember me by.

Years
  • I understand why people go for burial, there's a psychological aspect to it

There's also the psychological aspect of rotting until nothing as you're eaten by critters lol. Yuck. So yeah, I'd definitely rather be cremated (as I think I said in a different OVP lol) but only after my organs are put to good use. :D

As for where I'd go? I'd want a bit of the ash put in a jar on the mantelpiece of my family members so it can creep them out

Lol. I would never do this, however, since I think it would creep ME out more than them. Just scatter me in the ocean or better yet put me beneath a sapling just please, PLEASE, don't keep me in a creepy jar on top of your mantelpiece for eternity. Ugh.

Years
  • I honestly don't care; I'll be dead. I'd leave it up to whoever has to deal with my dead body, and more importantly, pay for it. If they want to cremate me because it's cheaper, no biggie. If they want to bury me for sentimental reasons, not a big deal either.

Years
  • I might donate my body to science. Maybe I'll end up in one of those body farms where they study decomposition under different conditions. Which would be neat. But I might end up as a head for plastic surgeons to practice one. Which is... okay, I guess. If I died young enough that my organs were still useful to someone then they can have them, but usually only young people have organs that anyone wants and I don't plan on dying young.

I don't think I'd go with cremation. That's a very polluting business. The thought of having my ashes scattered someplace meaningful to me seems like it would be good for people who cared about me, but still. And burial seems so unnecessary and wasteful. I don't think I'll rise from the dead or anything so why bother?

I would hope I'd be able do that thing where they freezedry your body and then shake and vibrate it until you break apart into tiny, tiny pieces so I could be used as fertilizer for a tree somewhere. It's supposed to be very environmentally friendly. I don't think it's legal in the US yet though.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Well, first my organs will be donated and...after that I guess I'll get cremated. I'm not sure if the body farms would take a body with no organs, but that would be the only other alternative.

See, I don't want anybody to be left with a giant bill to pay when I die, so I want whatever's cheapest done to me. I don't even think I want a funeral, really, but that's not up to me. It wouldn't be for me anyways.

And what to do with my ashes would also be the decision of whoever wants them. I would hope for some sort of clean disposal though, if that's even possible. Not that any of this is going to matter to me.

Years
  • I've never really thought much into what I want to be done once I die. I think once I've had all my insides scooped out and given out to people who need them I'd go for cremation. I'd like to think my relatives would do something creative with my ashes. Something like put them inside a creepy looking statue so I can scare people once I'm dead too or pay to have my remains pressurised and made into some sort of gem and then turned into jewelry.

Jacinth

~Darling~
    Years
  • I'm gonna be cremated. Then, they can scatter my ashes on the grill while my family roasts up some hot dogs and hamburgers and be all liek, "Gee, Jacinth's really with us today!"

Ha, quote from my dad. XD

All joking aside, I would really like to be cremated. I want my ashes put in a hole and a tree planted there. I know ashes from bodies have a lot of nutrients, and I think that since I took a lot from the earth while I was here, I can give it back. So that tree would become a part of me, and the seeds would go and be planted all over the place, and there would be more trees that were grown from the tree that was grown from my ashes... It's fascinating, isn't it?

And even in fifty years when that tree would be cut down, the sawdust (That would indirectly have my ashes) would go through the air and people would be breathing me! SO FABULOUS!

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Bah, donate my organs and use me as fertilizer. Like, my funeral should be two words: "goodbye, assface" *wump*

I would love to help out after I die, and besides, who needs your earthly body anyways?

1) if I believe in the atheism route, I'm just a lump of meat people will forget about.
    2) if I believe in the religious route, imma be in heaven anyways so just grow some wheat on top of me cuz I ain't need no body. Besides I hate this body anyways.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • You can donate your organs after you're dead?!? o____o

Uhm, I dunno why but I feel like I'd rather be buried than cremated. Although I'm dead, so surprise me. xD

Ayselipera

I HATE funerals. So I plan to be cremated with no service whatsoever. I really would not care where my ashes end up, but if I had to pick just dump them in the ocean somewhere. Doesn't really matter.

Back