• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rotom!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    479.png

479.png
    479s.png
    479f.png
    479h.png
    479m.png
    479w.png

Rotom is an interesting Pokémon with a very unique role in the game - it's an Electric/Ghost-type that you can find living in an old possesed TV in a haunted house and once you've caught him he can go on to take on the form of many different household appliances in order to change his typing and special move.

Did you ever venture into the depths of Eterna Forest to catch this special Pokémon? Have you ever tried using him? What is your favourite Forme for Rotom to adopt?

Sirfetch’d

I thought it was a legendary for the longest time after first finding it. I was so excited and caught it immediately haha. Loved it's theme and everything! It's such a cool Pokemon and the ability to change formes into 5 other things is really unique(almost like Castform!!) Though I still prefer normal Rotom the best [:

Years
  • I captured him! Remember being terrified of the Old Chateau as a kid since the music was just soo creepy. Took a while to capture but was very worth it in the end because it's useful and pretty cute to boot! Love the unique typing. :)

Years
  • I would always catch it in the post-game of DP, and sometimes before beating it in Platinum. But i've never had it on my in-game teams, ever, as it's hard to use early on and I don't think you get the forms for a while.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've had two copies of Rotom in my last play-through of Platinum, haha. One was captured in the game itself, and other was transferred from Diamond version.

My favorite form in particular would have to be Wash. It has access to more powerful and advantage-taking moves, making the Pokémon generally better in terms of competitiveness. Design-wise, I'd likely have to lean on Mow.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Rotom is actually one of my favorite Pokemon, especially from this generation. I always really liked Ghost type Pokemon and they're one of my favorite types. And idk. Rotom just really appealed to my tastes when it was revealed. I thought the typing was unique and the way you get him was very creative. Sure, it sucked having to wait til the right hours (I didn't even think about changing the DS clock so hush) and when you did, it was actually kind of scary! That music was really scary and I know it was for legendaries, but idk it worked for the little guy. That also caused a lot of controversy as to whether or not Rotom was considered a legendary Pokemon. :P

When the forms came out, I loved Rotom even more. I think they're great and just add even more to how unique the Pokemon is. My favorite form is Heat, but I think that's just because I love any Pokemon I can get a Fire move on. :P Wash is also really cute, so there's that. The Frost form is probably the best for irl though because let's be real, you could bring frozen food with you everywhere in your Rotom fridge and it would be pretty awesome.

Years
  • Ah, yet another thing those who joined the party late are unable to experience. I have to say I dont even remember if I caught the guy but I do like his design and forms.
    Also I love the Eterna Forest and that huge mansion as well :D

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • My third favourite Pokemon, and my favourite Sinnoh Pokemon. I caught it every time I could, especially in my numerous playthroughs of Platinum. Of course, back then Wifi was just a concept to me, so I could never get the key for the forms, but a bit later I learned of them.

Wash Forme is my favourite, followed by Mow. I've always found Rotom and its forms adorable~

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I love Rotom. It is really unique in that it can take possession over household appliances. But when comparing all of its forms, I prefer its original one. It's zippy nature and somewhat mysterious back story are what interest me about it. It's a very curious Pokemon.

Years
  • I still don't know if this thing is a legendary or not ~_~. Whatever, I love using this pokemon when I play through platinum!

Years
  • I was most disappointed that in Diamond you couldn't access Rotom until after the E4. After my first play through I wanted to use it during my next, but because of his post game accessibility I couldn't. As such I don't think I've ever actually used a Rotom even though it'd be cool to. I think my favorite forme is probably his lawnmower forme, as it's an awesome typing and it's just kind of cool to have a lawnmower fighting for you.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I've always loved Rotom! Like pretty much everyone else, I never really used it because of the whole post-game requirement for Diamond/Pearl. I did try using it in Platinum, but it's rather annoying to train at low levels, especially because you don't have access to its forms very early on.

Despite liking it, though, I want to bash my head against a wall every time I see someone use Wash Rotom on the battle server, because that thing is annoyingly resilient.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    I caught it, didn't really use it.
    Disappointing that you can change it's form only through an event.

Also was happy when I found out (myself) that it's breedable :)

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • I do remember catching Rotom, but I don't think I ever did much with it. The concept behind it is pretty cool though, and I liked that about it. I think my favorite would probably be the Frost forme; it turns into a fridge, and who wouldn't want that around them all the time?

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I caught it, didn't really use it.
    Disappointing that you can change it's form only through an event.

Also was happy when I found out (myself) that it's breedable :)

Rotom's forms can be changed in HG/SS without the secret key event (exclusive to Platinum). Once changed to the form you want to use, transfer it back to Platinum.

Annoying, but possible.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    Rotom's forms can be changed in HG/SS without the secret key event (exclusive to Platinum). Once changed to the form you want to use, transfer it back to Platinum.

Annoying, but possible.

Well yeah, but still, it should have been rather possible to change it directly in Platinum without the event.
    But nevermind :)

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Rotom was one of the quickest shinies I encountered, and it was at the last GT. I've never utilised him at all, so it's unknown to me what he is capable of.

Years
  • I sadly never caught Rotom in Platinum, probably because I didn't want to go through the hassle of going back to Eterna Forest and also being worried I wouldn't have the right Poke Balls to catch it with.

Years
  • Rotom is great, I had a team of all the forms in Heart Gold, the best part about it is it is quite powerful and easy to get, so easy I just kept resting my Pokémon pearl game to get enough for a team of them on my heart gold, sadly I lost my favourite one: a level 80 something lawnmower form, when I lost my pokewalker with it still on it and found it five years later to find the battery had died. :'(

Years
  • I love Rotom. Rotom is a great Pokemon to have if your into online battling. I always catch Rotom when I play through DPPt. I don't always use it on my team, but I like having it. I also like all of his variations. I would love to see more Rotom variations in the future, maybe in DPPt remakes? :3

Back