• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#8 - Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #8 - Items
    Hosted by: Logiedan
    Approved by: Logiedan

Theme: Healing Item
    Let's take a break from Pokémon sprites and move onto other sprites from the games. This time you'll be making one healing item, from fruit to potions, from candy to berries, anything you'd like. Be creative!

When entering your piece, be sure to add in a description of the item to support your idea!

Omits:
    In some cases and themes there will be omits.
    • There are no omits this WPC.
    Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
    • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
    • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
    • No previously made work.
    This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: 32x32
    • Palette Requirements: None
    • Transparency: Optional
    • Animation: None
    • Other: None

Last edited:

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
    Years
  • I sprited The Mist Potion from the Golden Sun series. The mist potion heals all members in your active party and cannot be found in any stores. I hope I do good :D

Mist Potion
    mistpotion.png

Years
  • Tribal Ebony
    I'm sorry, but your entry is invalid. It is not in the 32x32 limit, you resized an image making it auto anti-aliased and you used an existing Pokéball sprite which makes it not 100% scratch. Therefore I can't accept that entry.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I might as well enter. :)

Name of item: Tropius Fruit
    "This delicious fruit is said to be extremely sweet!"
    A held-item by Tropius. Heals 99HP (Tropius' base HP stat.) It also heals the Pokemon's status condition due to the fruit being very healthy.

Last edited:

Skitty123

Alice Cullen
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2012
    Berry

The Ultimate Berry
    Any pokemon take's a bite it will restore their health and PP to full
    berry.png

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • maj7ud.png

Frost Orb
    A mysterious, blue orb that emits a cold but pleasant aura. It looks like a spherical ice. Sell very high.

Years
  • 2ng4ymu.png

A heart potion, suitable for soothing your aches and pains.

I know, I know. A heart is like the most typical thing, but inspiration failed me.

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Shaman's herb:

xpy3o6.png

A wild and unpredictable herb. It restores the HP to full of one pokemon, but then paralyzes it. It is commonly found in mad shaman's houses.

Yeah, thats kinda wierd...

Years
  • And the winner is...

Scarf's Heart Potion
    2ng4ymu.png

A heart potion, suitable for soothing your aches and pains.
    -----------------------

Scarf's sprite is quite great though I think the purple liquid in the potion could use some red hue to make it look like the heart potion is transparent, so the inside liquid is visible. Despite that, the shading is great and the lineart is wonderful. Congratulations.

Honourable Mention(s)

Nimblethumbs and his Shaman Herb

xpy3o6.png

A wild and unpredictable herb. It restores the HP to full of one pokemon, but then paralyzes it. It is commonly found in mad shaman's houses.
    -----------------------

Nimble's item was very creative, but his sprite wasn't very impressive though but it's still a great item despite that.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back