• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Here's the Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Woo, long time no see!

I'm in love with your palette. Just - everything has such a nice arrangement of colors - even your colored sketches! ;o;
    I'm a sucker for watercolor pieces so I really love this peice.
    I agree on the crit already about the recent avatars, but I just also wanted to add the eyes kind of line up weird. ouo The second avatar actually is pretty good on that - it's the first one that has one eye higher than the other.

Other than that, hey nice work yo. ouo/ I adore your palette and the brush textures in those avatar pieces, oh my gooooddd. <3

Years
  • Thanks for the input guys! Yeah, they're in chronological order, I use them to warm up to the first one is bleh till the third. Unfortunately, I usually do these late at night so by the time I get to rolling closer to the third that I really like I'm too tired to continue!

In terms of texture, I use Kyle T Webster's brushes. He's got a billion gazillion now and I think the original set I had is divided up into bigger ones, but I primarily use the Ultimate Pastel to draw and color, and sometimes I mix it up like in these avatars I used the Ultimate Watercolor Flat brush to give it a bit more texture. But not being fancy, just bending with a square or rectangle brush can give things a different look.

Years
  • Super quick update. I thought I'd show some process, even though I might rework this whole thing. I just sketched some stuff out tonight, but gotta get up for work tomorrow.
    I was thinking about doing a drawing in combination of a new profile for the fantasy theme, but it's a possibility I just won't have time!!

I was trying something different with ink lines, but half way realized that's not what I wanted. I might just paint over and make lineart that way, working it in more than normal. I might also just print out the sketch larger and ink it traditionally on a larger paper, just to try and capture some of the previous energy?

v0RAO0H.jpg

WkinzfX.jpg

Sword design is 100% to change, just messing around for now.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oooh that's very nice! I absolutely adore the way you coloured it, it looks so pretty :>

Depending on what material the blade of the sword is made of, it maybe could've benefited from some shading and especially light and it's not completely straight either ... but to be honest, I don't really mind that too much because it kinda harmonizes with that "messy" (not in a bad way!) colouring style :D

Years
  • I made one of those college course pitch posters that were usually on our bulletin boards! I mean usually they have more of a written pitch, but I'm not the greatest with words. That and it's not such a complex subject that it doesn't make sense from the images shown haha.

adAnjB0.png

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2015
    WOW. THE CUPCAKES LOOK SOOOOO GOOD. I'm not even a fan of cake...but those cupcakes...yummmmm. Also I must say that the "Brothers" picture is probably the most adorable thing I've seen all day. The light coming from the crystal on the crystal and princess one is fantastic! Nice work!!

Years
  • Oooh my god, that cake looks so good!! Your mum must've been super happy :D I know I would be!

I really really like the drawing of the deer girl. The design and the colour palette are exactly my taste hehe it looks so warm and soothing :>
    Just one small thing: the arm she has raised in front of her doesn't look completely straight/weirdly wobbly. I get that it's probably supposed to be the way her clothes fall but it looks more like the arm itself is dented.

Also, that pixel frog is adorable :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back