• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Maybe it was Scarfed instead of Banded? Then it could outspeed you. And Machamp learns Dynamic Punch via level up, btw.

I meant scarf... and the only reason I mentioned Dynamic Punch is because that was the only attack I saw so I couldn't say the rest of its moveset. I wasn't saying that Dynamic Punch was part of the hack.

But yeah, with a scarf its base speed should be around 80... since its original speed is 55.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I meant scarf... and the only reason I mentioned Dynamic Punch is because that was the only attack I saw so I couldn't say the rest of its moveset. I wasn't saying that Dynamic Punch was part of the hack.

But yeah, with a scarf its base speed should be around 80... since its original speed is 55.

It's actually possible for a Scarfed Machamp to out-speed Mega Kanga:

Machamp Speed with 252 EVs, 31 IVs, and a +Speed Nature= 229

Mega Kangaskhan Speed with 252 EVs, 31 IVs, and a +Speed Nature=328

229 Speed x Choice Scarf (multiplies by 1.5)= 343 Speed

And 343 > 328

Choice items do not effect base stats, but the actual stat displayed on the status screen.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

are you using actual stats or base stats? because at level 50 a Machamp can have a maximum speed stat of 117 actually (229 at level 100), and if a hold item boosts that speed by 50% (or is one of the hold items that lets it go first regardless of speed) that can also make it outspeed whatever you had up against it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    are you using actual stats or base stats? because at level 50 a Machamp can have a maximum speed stat of 117 actually (229 at level 100), and if a hold item boosts that speed by 50% (or is one of the hold items that lets it go first regardless of speed) that can also make it outspeed whatever you had up against it.

Nah, I'm just talking about base stats.. http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/Machamp

Base stat of 55*1.5=82.5...

Mega Kangaskhan base stat is 100..

Assuming both pokemon were +spd nature and 252EVs/Flawless IVs, Kangaskhan should outspeed Machamp with or without choice scarf... to my knowledge. I don't think there's any other item that can raise your speed more than choice scarf aside from quick claw.

It's actually possible for a Scarfed Machamp to out-speed Mega Kanga:

Machamp Speed with 252 EVs, 31 IVs, and a +Speed Nature= 229

Mega Kangaskhan Speed with 252 EVs, 31 IVs, and a +Speed Nature=328

229 Speed x Choice Scarf (multiplies by 1.5)= 343 Speed

And 343 > 328

Choice items do not effect base stats, but the actual stat displayed on the status screen.

Ahhhhh.. Well color me surprised. I guess you can't go by base stats then. =P

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Ahhhhh.. Well color me surprised. I guess you can't go by base stats then. =P

Yeah, it's the IVs/EVs side of things that messes everything up. If IVs/EVs were straightforward multiplication, like the Nature and Scarf, then using the base Speed would be fine. But instead they add stat points, so (simplifying a little) it actually ends up as:

Speed = (Base + IVs + EVs) * Nature * Scarf = (Base * Nature * Scarf) + (IVs * Nature * Scarf) + (EVs * Nature * Scarf)

So the base Speed only affects the first part, whereas the Scarf affects all three.

Years
  • So, is there ANY way for me to only add enough money needed for pokebank to my account? The lowest amount to add is 10.00 and I really don't want to add 10.00 because there isn't anything else I want to buy from the eshop. I only want to add what I need for pokebank but it won't let me. I already tried deleting pokebank in hopes it would prompt me to add the amount I needed to redownload it but that did not work because apparently re-downloads are free. :/

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So, is there ANY way for me to only add enough money needed for pokebank to my account? The lowest amount to add is 10.00 and I really don't want to add 10.00 because there isn't anything else I want to buy from the eshop. I only want to add what I need for pokebank but it won't let me. I already tried deleting pokebank in hopes it would prompt me to add the amount I needed to redownload it but that did not work because apparently re-downloads are free. :/

You could do that with a credit card.

Rapture11

All about Battle Spot <3
    Years
  • I'm doing the trial right now when I should've done it later, I deleted my save file on Pokemon White 2 with many good pokemon I caught awhile ago and made a new file. I got too excited and got the free trial too early, transfered a bit of pokemon to pokemon Y but starting te trial already wasn't worth it, I recommend only paying for pokemon bank when you have tons of IV breeded and EV trained pokemon in your boxes before you use the trial or pay for it. At least 5 Boxes of good pokemon before you use it, and the 5$ is worth it. If you don't hardly have any pokemon to transfer and store for 30 days, it's not worth it. Since I made this mistake, I felt like I ripped off myself, I only transfered like 10 pokemon and I'm almost done with the trial and wish I didn't delete my save file cause I could've transfered many pokemon with my old deleted save file. I'm planning to play Pokemon White 2 soon, and get many competive pokemon to transfer and store with pokemon bank for that 5$ at the right time. I could've had 7 boxes of competive pokemon to transfer over to Pokemon Y using the trial version and never paid for pokemon bank again. My mistake. Why 5$ per month though, right?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Why 5$ per month though, right?
    Pokemon Bank is five dollars a year, not five dollars a month. And the charge is to allow Nintendo to upkeep their servers that store everyone's Pokemon data.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    So, is there ANY way for me to only add enough money needed for pokebank to my account? The lowest amount to add is 10.00 and I really don't want to add 10.00 because there isn't anything else I want to buy from the eshop. I only want to add what I need for pokebank but it won't let me. I already tried deleting pokebank in hopes it would prompt me to add the amount I needed to redownload it but that did not work because apparently re-downloads are free. :/

Yes, there is :) If you try to purchase it with insufficient funds (as opposed to pressing "add funds"), it will ask if you want to add the exact cost of the purchase.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I have 20 boxes plus a combat boxes post-Elite Four. I didn't even notice that the max. box had increased!

I'll probably pay 5,00$ for PokeBank once it expires, but only once I need to use it. Right now I'm doing pretty well just breeding and releasing (or WonderTrading) Pokemon. I've only used PokeBank to transfer in my Pokemon from Black and White 2. As soon as I absolutely need the bank feature i.e. transfer-only movesets, I'll throw 5,00$ at Nintendo and that'll be that. For a year at least.

That aside, I don't quite understand what the poll is asking lol

Back