• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Comes To Apple TV

Years
  • I've been looking into getting Apple TV for a while and this might very well sway me! I watch Pokemon TV on my iPhone or iPad sometimes but I often think how nice it would be to sit back and relax whilst watching it on the TV. I don't want to subscribe to anything so this is great news!

Years
  • Even the old episodes, or just new ones? either way, I'm excited!

Pokemon TV is a bit of a unique service. There are currently 8 categories on the app in the USA. The first one is used for a featured theme of the week/month, whether that's a reel of episodes that follow the theme, a promo video for a movie release, or an actual full length movie. Currently, the entirety Giratina and the Sky Warrior is available to watch in the US in this category as it's Shaymin month for Pokemon 20.

The second category is for XY & Z episodes, cycling through the English season cutoff (which means the English season actually starts with the last two episodes of the Japanese XY season in this instance, iirc). The third category is for the XY episodes. The fourth category is for all Best Wishes/Black & White episodes. Fifth is for all DP/Pt episodes, sixth for Hoenn, seventh for Johto, and eight for Kanto and the Orange Islands.

One key thing, though, is that each category only offers at a time, and episodes have a two week shelf life. 5 episodes are swapped out each week in a sequential order rotation. So you have to actively monitor for a region's first episode if you want to start each region from the beginning, but you can definitely watch in order once you start.

Coincidentally, looking at the app on my phone, Episodes 1 and 2 for Kanto were rotated back into the available episodes list just this past week.

The only thing is that you won't see the latest episode on the app the week it airs. I think Cartoon Network has exclusivity on new episodes for something like 1 month.

TL;DR: Technically, yes, it's both old and new, but only a limited selection at a time.

I've been looking into getting Apple TV for a while and this might very well sway me! I watch Pokemon TV on my iPhone or iPad sometimes but I often think how nice it would be to sit back and relax whilst watching it on the TV. I don't want to subscribe to anything so this is great news!

If you had the means to hook a laptop into your TV, that would've been a viable way in the past without a subscription, since the Pokemon TV app just pulls the same episodes that are posted to the Pokemon TV section of Pokemon.com at any given time. The Apple TV is going to be far more convenient, though, speaking from experience with similar devices.

I'm waiting for this to be ported to kodi.

If you can stream the display's output to Kodi from a PC running any OS with a GUI, you can just go to www.pokemon.com/watch on that PC.

Back