• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What new moves do you want Pikachu to learn after the Kalos league?

Years
  • Pikachu has not learned any new moves for a long time since he learned Electro Ball. It seems to me that his signature move is Thunder Bolt which he has been using from season 1. I remember that back in the day, he had a super powerful move called Thunder. I do not understand why the writers let him keep his Thunder Bolt instead. I really want his Thunder back to replace it. On top of that, I hope that he can learn some non-electric moves, such as Hidden Power and Rain Dance. In Pokémon Shuffle, the "angry" Pikachu who was available in the Safari stage knows Super Bolt. It would be great if he could learn Super Bolt to replace Thunder Bolt. I think Super Bolt is just as powerful as Thunder.

Do you think Pikachu will learn any new moves after the Kalos league? What new moves do you want him to learn?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Of course he won't.

Pikachu probably won't learn any moves during the League. The last time he learned a new move was Unova, and it would seem he only learns new moves in the odd numbered generations now, anyway. Also, Super bolt is an ability, not a move. I don't want Pikachu to change his moveset ever again, tbh. His moves are fine as they are. :x

Years
  • Like Kory said, I just can't see Pikachu learning a new move anytime soon since he learned Electro Ball in Unova (which sadly replaced Volt Tackle) which is still a fairly recent generation , even if Pikachu is shown to be able to use the new "super moves" mechanic of Sun & Moon. However, Pikachu could utilize super moves if it becomes an anime thing.

Back