• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Wonders of Wonder Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
  • Last night, I was trading the last of my breeding Pokemon, the Scythers. After 11 or so wonder trades, I came to this one Scyther that I had JUST NOTICED WAS SHINY. I mashed the power button, but it was too late....
    I accidentally wonder traded my first ever shiny in X and Y....
    For a Zigzagoon.
    *Sniff...*

Yikes, that stings.
    Shiny scyther are waaaaay to close in colour to regular scyther.
    I was IV breeding them the other day and didn't noticed I hatched a shiny one until I was going through them in my box and noticed the little shiny red star. xD

I'm always terrified I'm going to accidentally trade away something I want to keep in WT.

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    I just traded an eevee from my collection of attempted shiny eevees, and got a shiny psyduck WITH pokerus. I think i got a pretty good deal. that makes my 7th shiny pokemon :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Japan is getting Bank before the U.S. by a couple of days. Do you think Wonder-Traders will offer up some Bank Pokemon from Japan?

Those days are Christmas anyway, so you probably wouldn't be online anyway.
    Here's hoping. I want some of those missing starters and a Meowth.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh, wow… you're very lucky, James! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get a hold of any shiny Pokémon via Wonder Trade yet. The most valuable Pokémon I've ever gotten from there was an Adamant Machoke. It has the No Guard ability, and seems to have perfect IVs, too. :b Don't have it on my team though, since there's already another fighting-type.

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
    Years
  • I've gotten Eevee's, dratinis, bagons, and other neat little finds.

Personally, I love it. It gives me a random pokemon that I get to play with. Also gets rid of my massive amount of Froakies I bred for a shiny.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I think it's a useful way to get rid of pokemon you've bred but don't want to use. I kinda wish the wonder trade would pair you up based on the level of your pokemon.

When Poketransfer comes out, I plan to use it on the pokemon I've accumulated through the Pokewalker.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Just finished my Delibird breeding spree last night! I have three, full rows of male Delibird with 5 IVs each that all have Hustle. Hopefully the people that get them are breeders and can appreciate the gift (Delibird counts for two egg groups - pretty good!). I even took the time to breed Freeze Dry and Ice Shard as egg moves :)

Also bred two rows of Roggenrola in Luxury Ball named Coal with Naughty natures. Now I just need to farm Charcoal :)

Last edited:

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • Last night was fun! I traded off a bunch of Ledyba that I caught while trying to maintain my Berry garden, and in return I got a bunch of Pokemon I hadn't gotten yet. However, the best surprise was that I got a Japanese Zygarde (which is cool since I'm trying to see how many foreign Pokemon I can get to unlock the alternate language entries in my Pokedex). Additionally, I got a Gale Wings Fletchling and a Adamant-natured Timburr (I'd been trying to get an Adamant Gurdurr so I can breed it for the nature).

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Finally finished my Wonder Trade prep for Christmas!

18 male jolly Delibird with 5 IVs each, two egg moves (Ice Shard, Freeze Dry), and holding items that range from Quick Claw, King's Rock, Rare Candy, or a fossil.

12 male naughty Roggenrola named coal with no IV breeding, but the egg move Curse, all holding Charcoal.

I just hope whomever gets the Delibird realize that a 5 IV male with two egg groups (Water/Field) shouldn't be discarded!

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    I don't think anyone would release a Delibird anyway. Even if they already have it, it's relatively uncommon and not a bad Pokemon to find. They could trade a Delibird and get something decent in return so it makes no sense to release them. I have about 4 Delibirds for this exact reason.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Finally finished my Wonder Trade prep for Christmas!

18 male jolly Delibird with 5 IVs each, two egg moves (Ice Shard, Freeze Dry), and holding items that range from Quick Claw, King's Rock, Rare Candy, or a fossil.

12 male naughty Roggenrola named coal with no IV breeding, but the egg move Curse, all holding Charcoal.

I just hope whomever gets the Delibird realize that a 5 IV male with two egg groups (Water/Field) shouldn't be discarded!

How would one qualify to get one of those Delibirds? ;-)

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    Make wonder trade a nice place to be this Christmas!

So a ton of kids are going to have been given the games this Christmas. Why not do your good deed for the day and fill it will awesome pokemon! They aren't going to care about IVs or nature's or anything like that. I've been breeding a ton of starters, evolving things and catching rare Pokémon specifically for this!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I only got to the breeding area a week ago, but I've been sending out Smeargles and Fennekins so far today, I ended up getting an Oshawott for my trouble, so that was pretty awesome!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    How in earth did you get an Oshawott?!

Japan (and other countries in the area I assume) got Pokebank yesterday so people have been breeding starters and the other unobtainables and putting them on the GTS and Wonder Trade. I traded a Vivillon last night for a Treecko. You'll be better off Wonder Trading and hoping for the best, because the GTS is listing the starters but requesting legendaries for them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back