• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the pokémon BET (OOC)

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • I have finished my second character...which pretty much is the opposite of Deka the Shuppet I hope. As for the name....eh, it relates to the western which probably has nothing to do with pokemon, yet I randomely thought up the name.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Otherworld - since it's your second char, I think I can be a bit harder on you here >:3 Can you rewrite, or maybe even shorten clarify the personality section? I kind of got the feeling that he is... everything. Didn't really understand what kind of person he is. Maybe it's just me being tired though ^^

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • @ Otherworld - since it's your second char, I think I can be a bit harder on you here >:3 Can you rewrite, or maybe even shorten clarify the personality section? I kind of got the feeling that he is... everything. Didn't really understand what kind of person he is. Maybe it's just me being tired though ^^

I edited and made it more simpler. I hope I didn't confuse him that much though, didn't realize he was a part of all. :cer_confused: Either way, I fixed it. Hope it makes more sense and it's better.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I edited and made it more simpler. I hope I didn't confuse him that much though, didn't realize he was a part of all. :cer_confused: Either way, I fixed it. Hope it makes more sense and it's better.

Yeah, I think so :) so he's a ticking bomb hiding under a humble persona? ^^ Neat. Accepted.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Name: Riri
    Pokémon Species: Porygon
    Extra moves: Psyshock and Substitute

Any special appearance: Every now and then some parts of will seem static-y, almost as if Riri's just a projection.

Personality: Like the stereotypical alien who has no familiarity with the technology on Earth, Riri shows interest in any manmade objects, be it something as simple as a piece of string or something complex like a computer. Actually, when it comes to technology, Riri finds it fun to "download" herself into the machine

History: (doesn't have to be detailed at all, really)

Um I'll finish this up later I'm feeling kinda lethargic atm ^^;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No, well, maybe. But like I said in that post up there somewhere, I'll probably not use my second character unless I feel the need to later. Riesel will make do :3

Years
  • As the co-GM of this RP, I'd just like to say hello and welcome everyone. YAY FOR JOINING~! xD If you're asking me what I'm gonna do, my job is to help RHCP create crazy hilarious chichahoohah events and of course play NPCs. With that settled, let's all enjoy this RP~ :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Thanks for the help, Dia :3 And if anybody wonders, I did ask him to help me long before any of you signed up.~

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Wow, seeing Andy here, this RP is definitely gonna be CR-A-ZY! xD

Anyways, time for character number 2~

Hope this is enough? xD

Name: Skylar

Pokémon Species: Pidgey

Extra moves: U-Turn, Brave Bird

Any special appearance: Skylar's a really small guy for his species. Height wise, he is only 8 inches tall, and he is really light too, weighing 1.2 kgs. instead of the regular 1.8 kgs. He has been this ever since the tiny Pidgey was born. As for other marks, his wings have got a lot of scars on them, owing to an accident that occurred when he was young. Most of the time, his wings are covered in fresh bandages to protect them from further damage. Since his father was a shiny, majestic Pidgeot, the color of his feathers is more on the shiny side of his species.

He is always wearing a blue colored scarf around his neck. Another thing that he has an habit of carrying is a bag, which proves most useful in his travels. Usually stored in the bag is supplies like a small journal (used to make a record of his travels, he has learnt how to write in simple characters using his legs), an outdated trashed Pokedex, a book on flora, and food.

Personality: Skylar was simply born to be an adventurer, or that's just what he thought. From the beginning, he was a huge daydreamer. He used to dream about how he would become famous and strong, go on an adventure, and how much people would respect him. Unfortunately, as he grew up, he turned out to be much smaller than the others, and you could say that his dreams, well, shattered.

Always an optimist though, as he grew up he never gave up in his dream, which was to become an adventurer, who traveled far and wide, searching for new lands and adventure. Unfortunately, to add more to his worries, Skylar turned out to be more of a timid guy. He's scared of anything that is bigger than him or makes a loud noise. Even though he is a curious guy, he is intimidated by loud things. This is also a reason he sticks to being friends with strong Pokemon, like Chase.

One thing Skylar really hates is the fact that he can't fly. Due to a serious incident that occurred during his childhood, he has a permanent fear of fighting against Pokemon, he absolutely hates it, and constantly feels depressed when he thinks about his inability to fly. One of the reasons he has embarked on this journey is to explore new lands like he always wanted, as well as somehow find a way to make his wings okay and being able to soar in the skies.

Seeing as he is an adventurer, Skylar has trained himself in the ways of surviving in the wild. He has good knowledge of herbs that grow in the wild, and about the dangers of plants and terrain. He knows how to keep track of his food consuming, and how to survive nights in places several places. Some of his likes include eating berries and different cuisines, camping and being out in nature. His Dislikes include bullying (because he is mostly the victim) and fighting Pokemon. He will mostly flee when faced with a battle situation. Which is why his move U-Turn is valuable to him, as he can flee after quickly attacking his opponent. While he also knows Brave Bird, it is entirely a last resort, he'll only use it when he has absolutely no choice.

As for relationships, Skylar is good at making friends. He likes to make friends, actually, seeing as he lived in solitude all his childhood years, being bullied. One more very important aspect of his personality is his 'never say die' attitude. He never gives up, he'll never give up on his dream, which is why no matter what life has thrown at him, Skylar the Pidgey has always stood back on his feet and moved on.

History: Ever since he was born, Skylar had always been a tiny little bird. His father was a majestic shiny Pokemon who used to travel far and wide delivering messages. He dreamed to be like his dad, huge, and brave. Unfortunately, as he grew up, he turned to be quite the opposite, small, and timid. He felt disappointed at this fact, but he never gave up no matter what. Due to his small size, he was always the target of bullies, always being picked on. This really made him sad, as his dreams were being entirely crushed because of this. Due to the constant bullying, he was more accustomed to being alone with nature, learning hard to be able to survive in the wild.

As he grew up, one incident changed his whole life. One day, when he had been out in the woods with some other Pidgeottos, the Pidgeottos had managed to scare a Pikachu into attacking poor Skylar. The Pikachu had attacked him so violently, that Skylar's wings had ended up being damaged permanently, rendering him unable to fly anymore, and leaving him emotionally scarred for life. This is the reason he feels scared of fighting against other Pokemon. Even with such hurdles though, he never gave up on his dream, and was determined to move forward.

When the argument occurred, he was always on the side of the travelling Pokemon. He felt that this was his big break, and his chance to travel all around Hoenn, which is the reason he gladly took on the challenge. He decided to go along with Chase, who used to often protect Skylar against bullies.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    -DeepImpact-, I've said before that I don't want flying types -.-' You did make him unable to fly, but if you are going to be a Pidgey in this RP, I'd like you to be unable to fly for the whole RP. Ok with that?

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    -DeepImpact-, I've said before that I don't want flying types -.-' You did make him unable to fly, but if you are going to be a Pidgey in this RP, I'd like you to be unable to fly for the whole RP. Ok with that?

Didn't you say we would need to slow down our characters if they were flying types? If you don't want flying types I can change Zubat into something else. (I, however, enjoy having Snyder as a Zubat... It just seems to fit...)

Edit: Oh did you submit the IC thread yet Red?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I meant to state in the very first post that you couldn't play a flying type because they wouldn't participate in the bet due to it being too easy for them. But I forgot that and now I only sigh at it all. Since the Zubat and the Shuppet got accepted before I remembered it, you're fine (if you do slow them down). But I would rather not have MORE flying pokémon. Sorry for being forgetful in the first place.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • I meant to state in the very first post that you couldn't play a flying type because they wouldn't participate in the bet due to it being too easy for them. But I forgot that and now I only sigh at it all. Since the Zubat and the Shuppet got accepted before I remembered it, you're fine (if you do slow them down). But I would rather not have MORE flying pokémon. Sorry for being forgetful in the first place.

Nah, it's fine...I'll make my Shuppet slow down with her curiosity. :3 I can make something happen to her that he won't fly off or go alone...do something. :cer_confused:

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I have a question. Are all the characters going to travel in one group or is everyone going their separate ways?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well, when we had only 5 characters we could have traveled in a group ^^ But now we'll probably go our separate ways at times and meet up when things happen.

Example:
    Riesel walks on route 103 and sees a berry bush that he must pick every berry on. A trainer surprises him from behind and attacks. If I end my post before the battle is over, Snyder could suddenly start singing, confusing the trainer while Riesel makes his escape. Riesel's escape ends with him jumping down a ledge landing on Ashley who was resting... etc.

Meaning, you don't have to write complete battles in one post, rather give the others chance to jump into and play a part in any events you make up.

Because... This RP is mostly meant a sandbox for playing out our weird characters in~ ^^

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Well, I'm okay with that. As a character, I wanted Skylar to be one who proves that even if one is handicapped in some way, he/she can still try their hardest and achieve their dreams. :> I was planning on making him go slow (which'll annoy Chase xD). As a Pidgey, he can't really walk around that fast, and with his quest to find a way to get flight back, he'll be going pretty slow :3

Also, I gotta question, how will we be keeping track of time? Like, day/night, day number and all? Like opening our post with the time and all?

Years
  • Also, I gotta question, how will we be keeping track of time? Like, day/night, day number and all? Like opening our post with the time and all?
    I think we can judge that through posts like since the Pokemon are traveling at a slow pace on foot so perhaps day would last at the most 10 posts? But remember that Pokemon can't read time like humans do with numbers and clock readings. They'll have to take note of the sun's position and other signs of nature.

Oh and maybe Skylar can use his Pokedex clock too? /shrugs

Oh and fun fact: Skyla in Greek is actually a profanity that's often used to mean "female dog", jsyk. XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Also, I gotta question, how will we be keeping track of time? Like, day/night, day number and all? Like opening our post with the time and all?
    My thought is that me and Dia announce when it's morning, daytime, evening and night. What do you say, Dia?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024

I think we can judge that through posts like since the Pokemon are traveling at a slow pace on foot so perhaps day would last at the most 10 posts? But remember that Pokemon can't read time like humans do with numbers and clock readings. They'll have to take note of the sun's position and other signs of nature.

Oh and maybe Skylar can use his Pokedex clock too? /shrugs

Oh and fun fact: Skyla in Greek is actually a profanity that's often used to mean "female dog", jsyk. XD

I guess that would really work out well for an adventurer like Skylar xD

Well, I doubt that would happen. It's pretty much an old, really outdated Pokedex that he found out in the trash. It's pretty not gonna have anything other than Pokemon habitats xDDD

WELL SKYLA'S THE NAME OF A GYM LEADER TOO AND I DON'T KNOW GREEK ;-;

Soooooo, is Skylar accepted? :P

Back