• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Official] Game Development Monthly - Issue No.1

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
  • Let's try and keep this topic fully on topic here, people. From what I can see, there's no problem with this thread being posted. Gavin's even stated it in the post above mine. Just let this go and stay on-topic with your posts from now on. If I find any posts not relating to the actual GDM itself, they will be deleted without warning.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen today
    Very good! Don't stop on first issues!
    What kinds of articles would people want to see in GDM in future? There's news (obviously), and also tutorials, guides, interviews, reviews, opinion pieces, hints and tips, competitions, publicising causes, and so forth. I don't imagine all issues will have all of these, because the Editor would run out of material, but are there some you would prefer to see, or some you think shouldn't be in GDM at all?
    Maybe some spotlight resources and articles that won't fit in neither of theses topics like the differences with ROM Hacking, Graphics vs Story vs System, games completed and the best demos.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Very good! Don't stop on first issues!Maybe some spotlight resources and articles that won't fit in neither of theses topics like the differences with ROM Hacking, Graphics vs Story vs System, games completed and the best demos.

Spotlight Resources?

The actual Spotlight section is going to carry on as it has in the past few months. Cilerba is going to be taking it to it's own thread. So that section will open up for a new section.

As far as talking about the differences between ROM Hacking, that seems like it would be a 1 time article, which is fine.

There are not really very many Demos or completed games to be honest. It could run us into the issue of covering everything too quickly.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Just cover any releases that month of the issue. That's why I brought up Atomic's game earlier in the thread. It had a demo released in December. If there was none, just sate "No releases this month" or something.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Just cover any releases that month of the issue. That's why I brought up Atomic's game earlier in the thread. It had a demo released in December. If there was none, just sate "No releases this month" or something.
    Exactly. There's no need to review anything; just list all the games that have changed somehow in the last month. Reviews are a separate matter.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Exactly. There's no need to review anything; just list all the games that have changed somehow in the last month. Reviews are a separate matter.

We are covering that in news. I guess I was under the impression that people were wanting reviews of the demos.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • No, do reviews, I think he was trying to say that for any new demoes that you couldn't review, still mention them in a new release/news section.

I'm confused as to if you want reviews from older games.

I wouldn't want to see a review for a game that came out in June 2011 in a February 2012 issue of GDM.

I think only relevant information from that month (well previous month) should be posted. If there is a demo or release from a game in that month, mention it. If not, leave it out lol.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • I like reading reviews. if possible, a review a month would be nice. idealy, the newer demoes would get more priority.

if theres nothing out, might as well review older demoes that never got reviews.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • There will still be reviews for games, even if they have no demo. We will have a review section filling in for certain.

Much in the vein of what Maruno stated, Reviews are not really tied to releases and I think that is something to stray from, simply because you can do a review without a release, and a release is more so news where a review is something different.

Back