• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Save data corrupted.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    Hey guys, sorry for my english mistakes and if I'm in the wrong place. But I really want to learn about this, because I don't want it to happen again.
    I have a brand new New 3DS XL and Pokemon Y, it is updated to last patch as its supposed to be, and its a physical cartridge.

I was playing normally (not in Lumiose city), when I decided to go online and battle a little, I selected a few players, and they took long to answer, so I kept changing players. And then, when i decided to say hello to a player (in the option "Nice!"), my game says that the "Saved Data was corrupted".

I'm not very mad about losing the save, because I was just in the third town (I guess), I'm worried that it could happen again.

So, what I want to know is WHY does it happen? Everything I have is new, I take good care, do not turn power off while saving, NOTHING. I thought it was because I interacted with a hacker, but someone said to me that it doesn't work like that.

In the moment that it happened, I was charging the 3DS, could it be because of this?

Again, sorry if I'm at the wrong place, I just want to enjoy the game without worries. :(

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I haven't heard such a glitch, although I'm not saying you are fake.

Probably your game card or even the 3DS card slot was dusty, dirty or wet? Have you or other people accidentally interupted the saving process while saving the game?

Try it once more, if the same problem occurs I suggest you to call the customer service of Nintendo America(if you live in the states) or contact the retailer where you bought the game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    It's not any of that, the cartridge is in perfect state (outside) and I take good care of it. I just figured out that the problem isn't because of the charger. This shit happened by me just removing the cartridge and puttig it again. I guess it came fucked up from the store, because I can play Monster Hunter 4U all day, even with the charger on and It will not have any problem.

Years
  • Wait, so it just interrupted you looking at their profile and told you your save data was corrupted? Am I understanding this right? I've never heard of anything like this before. What did the "saved data was corrupted" screen look like, or was it just a message box? (this is just me being curious and i probably wont be able to do much with the information but just in case)

Just removing the cartridge and putting it in again...you didn't accidentally remove the cartridge ever, did you? Did you ever leave your cartridge in direct sunlight, or expose it to extreme temperatures? (probably below 32°F or above 100°F would do it) Check if there's any dirt or dust in your game card slot or on the card itself. I've heard that sometimes that error message shows up if it can't read it. I know those are obvious and typical things to check, but I figured I'd suggest it anyway. If you've got Pokebank, see if it can access your boxes. If so you can save your pokemon, but otherwise, I have no idea.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    The game is brand new and I take good care of it. Never removed it while playing, never turned it off while saving. No dust, no water, no fire.
    This message it's quite common, it's the same that happened before patch 1.1 in Lumiose City (Saved data corrupted).

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Then I suggest you to go back to the game retailer or contact your local Nintendo customer service, I'm sure they can offer professional help. Who knows you might be able to get a refund or a replacement?

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    Oh my gosh that happened to me in Y version. D: I saved and exited in Camphrier and then I updated and came back and suddenly, my save data was corrupted! My solo run was gone.

Back