• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Regional Professional Speculation

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • Will it be another Female? What do you want them to look like? And what will they be researching.

I just posted this in another thread, I beleive that the Regional Professor will be researching POkemon DNA. It hasn't rerally come up bvefore, except with the DNA Splicers. Also with Pokemon X and Y, X and Y being Chromosome, it has a really Biological connection. So we'll actually have a Scientific Professor!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm hoping for another female.

Although we had Juniper, the previous four before her were all male so it would balance it out slightly, that and I preferred Juniper to the others.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • We had male AND female as professor, I think it's time for a change.
    LET'S HAVE A MALE/FEMALE PROFESSOR!

I think a female professor would be cool, because we already had like 4 male professors, making it seem like girls aren't interested in Pokemon :C

And yes, she would problably be researching on Pokemon DNA and maybe learn how they can perform certain attacks even tho the attacks are not from their type? Like a normal type Pokemon using an electric type attack.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    We could have two professors, who knows?

But I'm not really bothered if it's male or female, you only really need them three times in the game;
    1. Starter Pokémon
    2. Hall of Fame
    3. PokéDex Eval.

Years
  • The New Professor

*Hope this hasn't been made
    So far in all of the main pokemon games, we've had a professor who gave us our pokedex and our starter, but as of right now a professor hasn't been revealed yet! So, what do you want the professor to look/act like? What do you think their name should be? Do you want there to be a professor at all, or a new way the starter and dex are gotten? Do you think pokemon would axe the professor for this generation? Why or why not? And do you think the professor (if there is one) will have more of a roll in the games?

Professor speculation here! :D

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm thinking Coreless will return as this gen's professor due to the genetics theme and his obsession with the inner strength of the bond between humans and Pokemon. He'll also probably be a bonus boss post-game.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Personally, I'd want an androgynous male professor xD I just think it would be adorable and give the opportunities for some playful joking in-game.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't care what gender they are really. I'd like them to be Professor Mendel though. The cross-breeding pea plant scientist iirc. I could Google, BUT EH. Since we're thinking the games are going to be related to genetics, it'd be nice to name the professor something related to it, and not only that, but it's related to plants since he was cross-breeding them.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I don't care what gender they are really. I'd like them to be Professor Mendel though. The cross-breeding pea plant scientist iirc. I could Google, BUT EH. Since we're thinking the games are going to be related to genetics, it'd be nice to name the professor something related to it, and not only that, but it's related to plants since he was cross-breeding them.

Yeah Syd, it's the right name. Idk if I want a professor named after an actual professor though. Although it does seem fitting for the chromosomes theme.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I'd prefer it if the professor were female, but it wouldn't be a big deal if they were male again. Actually, a married couple as the professors would be pretty cool but who knows if that'll happen XD;

That aside, I can't think of what their names could be, but I definitely agree with others in that they could study Pokemon genetics and the like.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'd prefer it if the professor were female, but it wouldn't be a big deal if they were male again. Actually, a married couple as the professors would be pretty cool but who knows if that'll happen XD;

omg I thought of that after I posted haha. That would be neat to have a professor couple.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
    Years
  • Why the Hell does everyone keep thinking that the X and Y Are References to Genders
    Thats a Bit to Mature for Pokemon...

Maybe People are Blind But Obviously the X and Y Refer to Freaking Dimensions
    -_-

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    I'd prefer it if the professor were female, but it wouldn't be a big deal if they were male again. Actually, a married couple as the professors would be pretty cool but who knows if that'll happen XD.

How about a married couple of the same sex? that might be a bad business strategy though, with 46% of the population against it....

Quasar Infinity

Bloodskal Bladesman
    Years
  • Why the Hell does everyone keep thinking that the X and Y Are References to Genders
    Thats a Bit to Mature for Pokemon...

Maybe People are Blind But Obviously the X and Y Refer to Freaking Dimensions
    -_-

Are you posting this in the correct place? People are discussing the genders of the professors, which has nothing to do with the title of the game. The only speculation stated about the titles was that it may have something to do with genetics...

Shubshub

Master of The Y
    Years
  • Are you posting this in the correct place? People are discussing the genders of the professors, which has nothing to do with the title of the game. The only speculation stated about the titles was that it may have something to do with genetics...

Yes I am the First Post specifically says that the X and Y are references to the X and Y Chromosones of Male and Female which is INCORRECT

Will it be another Female? What do you want them to look like? And what will they be researching.

I just posted this in another thread, I beleive that the Regional Professor will be researching POkemon DNA. It hasn't rerally come up bvefore, except with the DNA Splicers. Also with Pokemon X and Y, X and Y being Chromosome, it has a really Biological connection. So we'll actually have a Scientific Professor!

Years
  • shubshub - Until the game is released or it is confirmed by the developers, this is a speculation thread. X and Y could be anything, so don't be rude to other members please.​

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
    Years
  • All the professors including moi are named after trees, so it's best to assume Corless is out, however, they would throw another curve-ball at us, since GameFreak loves curve-balls.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Colress.
    Please, Game Freak. Do it. xD

If not, since they're always named after trees, I'd guess a dude with a thin mustache studying Pokemon DNA (based on the double helixes in the Japanese logos); a few guesses I have for his name are either Douglas, Redwood, or Evergreen.
    (one of them could be Colress' last name guys)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That would be pretty cool if Colress moved on from Unova to the XY region after the Plasma fiasco to study DNA or something and became the region professor there.

Back