• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Xerneas and Yveltal (plus Zygarde) event

Years
  • The thing with Japanese events is that it's not easy to guess if an international version will happen. But the good thing is that the X/Y mascots now have legit shinies and that's great news for shiny collectors.

Reactions: Sun

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'm not getting my hopes up too much that this event will be happening outside of Japan, but hey, I sure hope it does! Even if it doesn't, I'll find a way to get my hands on one somehow (hello GTS o/)

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I hope so, I mean we have gotten shiny legendary event before. It would be kind of silly if this did not join the ranks.

That's what I'm thinking to. Scince they did bring over the shiny Rayquaza recently, and with it being the only official way to get these shinies I'm gonna bet it'll be a Gamestop event or such eventually. :)

Years
  • I mean, I have a Japanese (New) 3DS for my Japanese-imported games and Pokemon OR is one of them. I already have the event Xerneas, and I can't wait for Yveltal!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's very unlikely that I'll be downloading these shinies, personally. I'm not much of a fan, unfortunately, and visiting McDonald's just for them sounds like sort of a hassle. Going there will cause me to buy something, which I don't want to see happen; I'm trying to avoid fast-food as much as I'm able, haha.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It's very unlikely that I'll be downloading these shinies, personally. I'm not much of a fan, unfortunately, and visiting McDonald's just for them sounds like sort of a hassle. Going there will cause me to buy something, which I don't want to see happen; I'm trying to avoid fast-food as much as I'm able, haha.

Hahaha, my friend, you mixed it up with the Hoopa event. :P I believe there's no official announcement for this event in the west, unless you're trying to say that they might distribute them at McD's. :)

Regarding the event, I'm not sure if I want one. Sure, they look pretty. But at the end of the day, they are simply different colored, which isn't interesting enough for me. Personally, l prefer a Pokemon with one or more special moves, like the Sludge Wave Gengar.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • If and/or when this makes it to America, I don't think I'll be getting them either. To be honest, I've never been really too interested in getting event Pokémon due to timing and location conveniences. The only one I've ever done was getting the Latios for my AlphaSapphire, since that one was over WiFi and was able to just get it at the convenience of my own home.

Zygarde is definitely an oddball event... it ain't Shiny, it's in its regular 50% Forme that we can already catch in X/Y, and it still haves the same moveset that it has in X/Y. The only thing peculiar that I find about it is that it's released the same week of CoroCoro's next issue, plus Masuda's guest appearance on the Pokenchi variety show in Japan. I may be reading too much into the timing of this particular Zygarde event, but it all just seems very strange. I mean, after all Zygarde is the one getting all the media hype.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    I don't know if we're allowed to have more than one thread, just officially requesting this one to be locked as I am opening another.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hahaha, my friend, you mixed it up with the Hoopa event. :P I believe there's no official announcement for this event in the west, unless you're trying to say that they might distribute them at McD's. :)

Whoops, it seems that I have. My mistake, haha.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Anybody wondering if there's going to be anything special about this week's Zygarde event that is currently unknown, like maybe some in-game trigger or something? I just find it really strange that there's nothing really special about it that we know of, while Xerneas and Yveltal got the Shiny treatment. Poor Zygarde is the last kid in class to get picked lol.

Back