• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weaponized Irony

derrekbertrand

PKMN Haxxor
Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2017
    What are forum rules for? What do they do? For example, and I'm definitely picking a RANDOM rule that in no way applies to me: post minimums. What an odd thing, post minimums. They're clearly designed to filter out heaps of horse crap floating through the Internet, but do they? What are the sources of this crap?

Bots? When signing up I had to complete no less than 3 types of captchas. So clearly the post limits are not for bots; no bot is smart enough to complete a captcha and always put 'i' and 'Pikachu' in the other slots. Even I, with my godlike prowess, would take an entire afternoon to bypass that elegantly (with paid assistance from 3rd world captcha solvers, of course).

Okay, then, trolls. Post minimums protect from trolls... except they don't. Most trolls are just as annoying in plain text as they are in rich text, so that can't be it.

n00bs! It has to be the n00bs! Exept, what? They can't post links or upload a bunch of images? They can still request to post in the forums, regardless of their status. So depriving them of external links and images only hurts them if they actually had links they wanted to share. And any spammers, could be filtered out by algorithms, like the ones we implemented on my home forum.

Imagine if you will, someone who came to this forum actually seaking... seaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to post actual content of relevance. Then, they were told they had to post horse crap on the forum before they could contribute something of use.

Wouldn't that be ironic? I think this is post 3 or 4...

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    four posts into existence and already he's taken down the establishment

sanders who

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I like you regardless of your post count. <3

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • Cleverly hidden within this letter, for added incentive to read onward, is one lie. Not a lie of statistical or grammatical error but a ludicrous falsehood at once so absurd as to strike the reader as an insult to human intelligence and yet so materialistic as to convince the reader that PokeCommunity utilizes a narrow and static view of human nature. With this letter, I hope to do something good for others. But first, I would like to make the following introductory remark: Many of the disdainful sleaze merchants I've encountered are convinced that it's illegal to create bridges between marginalized people and then extensions outward to broader constituencies—or, if it isn't illegal, then it ought to be. This view is damnable by any stretch of the imagination and reflects how once people obtain the critical skills that enable them to think and reflect and speculate independently, they'll realize that many people have witnessed PokeCommunity turn the trickle of demagogism into a tidal wave. PokeCommunity generally insists that its witnesses are mistaken and blames its amoral prognoses on beer-guzzling, malevolent recreants. It's like it has no-fault insurance against personal responsibility. What's more, when people say that bigotry and hate are alive and well, they're right. And PokeCommunity is to blame.

What conclusion should we draw from PokeCommunity's whinges? How about that PokeCommunity's obloquies are contrary to international human rights and humanitarian standards? You'll never hear PokeCommunity admit it made a mistake. Interestingly, PokeCommunity doesn't seem to care about that. PokeCommunity plans to precipitate riots. The result will be an amalgam of temperamental solecism and blathering Oblomovism, if such a monster can be imagined. According to PokeCommunity's distortions, distractions, and outright deceptions, everyone who doesn't share PokeCommunity's beliefs is an insensitive lunatic deserving of death and damnation. Fortunately, most of the people who are seriously interested in preserving our civilization know that the reality is that the best thing about PokeCommunity is the way that it encourages us to stop this insanity. No, wait; PokeCommunity doesn't encourage that. On the contrary, it discourages us from admitting that to the extent that my own age and health will permit, I will find more constructive contexts in which to work toward resolving conflicts. Sad, but true. And it'll only get worse if it finds a way to extirpate the very things that I, for one, cherish.

I have a dream, a mission, a set path that I would like to travel down. Specifically, my goal is to attack PokeCommunity's malice and hypocrisy. Of course, I don't see how it can build a workable policy around wishful thinking draped over a morass of confusion (and also, as we'll see below, historical illiteracy), then impose it willy-nilly on a population by force. I'm not saying that it can't possibly be done but rather that prudence is no vice. Cowardice—especially PokeCommunity's egotistical form of it—is. PokeCommunity's asinine, meretricious bootlickers are not known for behaving rationally when presented with a concept with which they disagree, such as that I, for one, resent being exposed to the worst types of lamebrained, overbearing ragamuffins there are. Their response to hearing such "offensive" things is to unfurl banners, wave signs, chant slogans, shout insults and taunts, jeer, laugh derisively, and generally demonstrate the self-control of toddlers with Tourette syndrome. What this shows is that there's a famous mathematical proof that pertains to PokeCommunity. Essentially, this proof asserts that given that there are some vile, ungrateful ditzes out there who care nothing for you or your cherished agendas, then, loosely speaking, it must be the case that inasmuch as I disagree with its accusations and find its ad hominem attacks offensive, I am happy to meet its speech with more speech and, if necessary, continue this discussion until the truth shines.

Doesn't it strike you as odd that PokeCommunity's metanarratives run contrary to even the most cursory observation of the real world? I feel no shame in writing that PokeCommunity says that coercion in the name of liberty is a valid use of state power. That is the most despicable lie I have ever heard in my entire life. PokeCommunity's reasoning is circular and therefore invalid. In other words, it always begins an argument with its conclusion (e.g., that its op-ed pieces are intelligent, commonsensical, and entirely consonant with the views of ordinary people) and therefore—not surprisingly—it always arrives at that very conclusion. I don't want to build castles in the air. I don't want to plan things that I can't yet implement. But I do want to put inexorable pressure on PokeCommunity to be a bit more careful about what it says and does because doing so clearly demonstrates how it somehow manages to get away with spreading lies (antagonism forms the core of any utopian society), distortions (it can make all of our problems go away merely by sprinkling some sort of magic pink pixie dust over everything that it considers libidinous or inarticulate), and misplaced idealism (the more paperasserie and bureaucracy we have to endure, the better). However, when I try to respond in kind, I get censored faster than you can say "lithochromatographic".

As I have indicated, if extremism were an Olympic sport, PokeCommunity would clinch the gold medal. PokeCommunity's politically incorrect mind games often resemble an inverted fairy tale in that the triumph of innocence comes at the start and the ugly sisters of zabernism and sensationalism enter on stage in triumph for the final curtain. PokeCommunity's rank-and-file followers resist seeing that PokeCommunity's capilotades are a cancer that gnaws away at the national psyche. They resist seeing such things because to see them, to examine them, to think about them and draw conclusions from them is to get PokeCommunity off our backs. The takeaway message is that PokeCommunity's subliminal psywar campaigns are mired in inerudite Trotskyism, and that's why I say that PokeCommunity's skills are generally used to exploit, abuse, and exert power.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Cleverly hidden within this letter, for added incentive to read onward, is one lie. Not a lie of statistical or grammatical error but a ludicrous falsehood at once so absurd as to strike the reader as an insult to human intelligence and yet so materialistic as to convince the reader that PokeCommunity utilizes a narrow and static view of human nature. With this letter, I hope to do something good for others. But first, I would like to make the following introductory remark: Many of the disdainful sleaze merchants I've encountered are convinced that it's illegal to create bridges between marginalized people and then extensions outward to broader constituencies—or, if it isn't illegal, then it ought to be. This view is damnable by any stretch of the imagination and reflects how once people obtain the critical skills that enable them to think and reflect and speculate independently, they'll realize that many people have witnessed PokeCommunity turn the trickle of demagogism into a tidal wave. PokeCommunity generally insists that its witnesses are mistaken and blames its amoral prognoses on beer-guzzling, malevolent recreants. It's like it has no-fault insurance against personal responsibility. What's more, when people say that bigotry and hate are alive and well, they're right. And PokeCommunity is to blame.

What conclusion should we draw from PokeCommunity's whinges? How about that PokeCommunity's obloquies are contrary to international human rights and humanitarian standards? You'll never hear PokeCommunity admit it made a mistake. Interestingly, PokeCommunity doesn't seem to care about that. PokeCommunity plans to precipitate riots. The result will be an amalgam of temperamental solecism and blathering Oblomovism, if such a monster can be imagined. According to PokeCommunity's distortions, distractions, and outright deceptions, everyone who doesn't share PokeCommunity's beliefs is an insensitive lunatic deserving of death and damnation. Fortunately, most of the people who are seriously interested in preserving our civilization know that the reality is that the best thing about PokeCommunity is the way that it encourages us to stop this insanity. No, wait; PokeCommunity doesn't encourage that. On the contrary, it discourages us from admitting that to the extent that my own age and health will permit, I will find more constructive contexts in which to work toward resolving conflicts. Sad, but true. And it'll only get worse if it finds a way to extirpate the very things that I, for one, cherish.

I have a dream, a mission, a set path that I would like to travel down. Specifically, my goal is to attack PokeCommunity's malice and hypocrisy. Of course, I don't see how it can build a workable policy around wishful thinking draped over a morass of confusion (and also, as we'll see below, historical illiteracy), then impose it willy-nilly on a population by force. I'm not saying that it can't possibly be done but rather that prudence is no vice. Cowardice—especially PokeCommunity's egotistical form of it—is. PokeCommunity's asinine, meretricious bootlickers are not known for behaving rationally when presented with a concept with which they disagree, such as that I, for one, resent being exposed to the worst types of lamebrained, overbearing ragamuffins there are. Their response to hearing such "offensive" things is to unfurl banners, wave signs, chant slogans, shout insults and taunts, jeer, laugh derisively, and generally demonstrate the self-control of toddlers with Tourette syndrome. What this shows is that there's a famous mathematical proof that pertains to PokeCommunity. Essentially, this proof asserts that given that there are some vile, ungrateful ditzes out there who care nothing for you or your cherished agendas, then, loosely speaking, it must be the case that inasmuch as I disagree with its accusations and find its ad hominem attacks offensive, I am happy to meet its speech with more speech and, if necessary, continue this discussion until the truth shines.

Doesn't it strike you as odd that PokeCommunity's metanarratives run contrary to even the most cursory observation of the real world? I feel no shame in writing that PokeCommunity says that coercion in the name of liberty is a valid use of state power. That is the most despicable lie I have ever heard in my entire life. PokeCommunity's reasoning is circular and therefore invalid. In other words, it always begins an argument with its conclusion (e.g., that its op-ed pieces are intelligent, commonsensical, and entirely consonant with the views of ordinary people) and therefore—not surprisingly—it always arrives at that very conclusion. I don't want to build castles in the air. I don't want to plan things that I can't yet implement. But I do want to put inexorable pressure on PokeCommunity to be a bit more careful about what it says and does because doing so clearly demonstrates how it somehow manages to get away with spreading lies (antagonism forms the core of any utopian society), distortions (it can make all of our problems go away merely by sprinkling some sort of magic pink pixie dust over everything that it considers libidinous or inarticulate), and misplaced idealism (the more paperasserie and bureaucracy we have to endure, the better). However, when I try to respond in kind, I get censored faster than you can say "lithochromatographic".

As I have indicated, if extremism were an Olympic sport, PokeCommunity would clinch the gold medal. PokeCommunity's politically incorrect mind games often resemble an inverted fairy tale in that the triumph of innocence comes at the start and the ugly sisters of zabernism and sensationalism enter on stage in triumph for the final curtain. PokeCommunity's rank-and-file followers resist seeing that PokeCommunity's capilotades are a cancer that gnaws away at the national psyche. They resist seeing such things because to see them, to examine them, to think about them and draw conclusions from them is to get PokeCommunity off our backs. The takeaway message is that PokeCommunity's subliminal psywar campaigns are mired in inerudite Trotskyism, and that's why I say that PokeCommunity's skills are generally used to exploit, abuse, and exert power.
    5ae0ec0fa32534db0e41e8eb1b770a67.jpg

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Imagine if you will, someone who came to this forum actually seaking... seaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to post actual content of relevance. Then, they were told they had to post horse crap on the forum before they could contribute something of use.

Your hack thread's approved! You already have 5 posts so you can edit the links in now.

Back