• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top Percentage Rattata!

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Some people like them for having memorable quotes, other people like them for being cool.

Do you have a favorite Trainer NPC character? It may be Champion Cynthia, Your Rival or may be even a normal trainer like Joey! Why do you like them?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I do have a favorite trainer NPC! It's Cynthia. She's just so cool. Not only does she have an awesome team and an awesome design (I love all her long hair), her intro music (with that piano~) is so powerful. She's one of those characters that I feel would be genuinely cool to meet in real life.

Top Percentage Rattata!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    It's gotta be Valerie and Marlon, tbh.

Both of them are very laid back people, very kind, and super happy characters! Marlon has an awesome ability of seeing both sides of the coin, rather than just his own, where as Valerie has a shining optimism that can never be darkened. For crying out loud the sun shining in the sky is enough for her to have a reason to smile.

They're incredible characters and I feel like they're severely underrated. I LOVE YOU GUYS. <3

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    i always liked the guy from gsc who sits outside of the gate of the bug catching contest and has all voltorbs. mainly because he would call you just to butter you up with your accomplishments.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • I have a few favorites, all of which I love and none of which I can quite put as absolute #1's. Sadly, most of them are my favorites due to the Pokemon they use or their design, since I'm kind of emotion blind when it comes to text.

Wallace: I adore Wallace. Largely for more... personal reasons >>;... but I just love his look and his style. He looks kind of like the sort of character I'd design in a video game, or how I'd want to look as a trainer, and he specializes in my favorite type. He also seems to have a really good personality.

Glacia:
    There's not a lot to say about her since she's pretty much just an Elite Four member... but she's just a wonderful design... in the remakes, at least. She specializes in my favorite element (NOT favorite type), she has a beautiful look to her, and her Elite Four path and room is amazing. She's also reasonably tough for using one of the biggest pushover types. She's also one with some... personal preferences.

Lorelei: Similar reasons to Glacia, though not quite to the same level. As she appears in Gen I and Gen III games... her team options are a lot more limited than later Ice trainers, so it isn't QUITE as interesting, but she gets extra points for being the ORIGINAL Elite Four member in the series. She's the introduction to all of it, and she shows Ice -can- be formidable.

Drake: He's an old sailor with a cool moustache that specializes in Dragon-types. There's honestly nothing else to say about why I think he's awesome. lol

Side note edit... As for Joey himself? I've always had kind of a... weird connection to him. Being named Joey myself... it's always felt kind of awkward, especially considering he's technically fairly obnoxious. But I love him for some weird reason, and I love making Rattata jokes because of it.

Years
  • I really love Blue. Maybe nostalgia plays into this, but I just love his personality and team. He's just what a rival should be in my opinion! I always look forward to encountering him in the games.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • I really like Wallace because of its Strong Water type Pokemon,Not to say about its Blazing attitude and Passion.His Progress in Games(Sootopolis gym leader to becoming Elite Four) made him more favorite than ever.

Years
  • The most trainer npc I like is whitney!Most are personal reasons(#blushing) but she is also of the cool types!
    Others are drake,cynthia,looker,barry(for his I will fine ya rant).
    Also I would like to mention psyduck here(though he is not a trainer).I still believe misty's psyduck as one of the reason for the success of pokemon

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Probably Elite Four Karen for her "Strong Pokemon, Weak Pokemon" quote. I use my favorites regardless of how good or bad they are.

(Well, except Legendaries, because it doesn't seem realistic for a Trainer to have them.)

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    Steven: I started to really like this character when I first saw him in one of the trailers for ORAS. I'm a very nostalgic person and seeing this character reminded me of the first two games I played, Sapphire and Emerald. Plus, he collects rocks, something I also do, and then he shows up when you get Latias/Latios (my favorite pokemon) and gives you a mega stone.
    Lance: This is a character I would look up to in the games. He's a dragon master (I love dragons) and he fights against evil organizations to help out pokemon. I've always admired super heroes ever since the Spiderman movie trilogy. Plus, he wears a cape, and capes are cool.
    Bill: This is a character I mainly like because of the anime. He dresses up as a Kabuto and has a cat-like smile. He's just this goofy character that makes me happy. In the games, he gives the player an Eevee. One of the greatest moments I had in pokemon FireRed.
    Cynthia: Although I do think she's a bit overrated at times, she's still an awesome character. She helps the character out, and researches ancient Sinnoh lore. Pokemon mythology is always fun to discuss and theorize on. I've always been a fan of fantasy and mythology in general.
    Eusine: He's kinda based on a magician, and I liked magic tricks as a kid. I also like him for reasons stated in previous trainers. Nostalgia from watching For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll on my GameBoy Advanced a million times as a kid, he wears a cape, he's a bit comical, especially in the adventures manga, and he's well versed in the legends of his region.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Red: "..." He's in such an obscure place and it was completely unexpected when playing Silver for the first time.

Jasmine: Such a surprise to see her in DPPt. It was a great way to connect the different regions and include characters from other games in a minor way.

Silver: On my first playthrough he was simply ???, because I thought that was his name xD Most rivals in the newer games are your friends, so I remember Silver as one of the few characters in the gray area between friend and foe.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    One of the Socialite from OrAs at Maison said, 'My husband passed before me, so I'm free to live the life I want.' I was literally laughing out loud upon reading it, I even took a pic of it!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Sidney - When you beat him he says 'but I had fun so it doesn't matter.' That always makes me smile as for me the Pokemon games are about having fun, win or lose.

Professor Oak - 'Erm, what was his name again?' Other than the obvious jokes the forgetful nature of Oak combined with his unquestionable knowledge of Pokemon makes for a well rounded and at times amusing character.

Clair- She was the 8th Leader and had two Dragonnairs on her team and had a great look but I have a feeling she was put in the game to make Lance look even better than he is already. Hopefully she gets some spotlight one day.

Gary/Blue - The one rival I enjoyed beating. Other than him and Silver the rivals were far too nice. I remember smiling with joy when I beat him as Champion for the first time.

Back