• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mythic Alloys

auraginx

Canadian Bacon
Years
  • this is my first attempt at anything even slightly competitive. i have always loved steel types, and with the awesome steel types in Gen v, i can have a decently balanced all-steel team. doing this more for fun than anything.

Skarmory@ Leftovers
    Impish, Sturdy
    Spikes
    Whirlwind
    Roost
    Brave Bird

Scizor@ Occa Berry
    Adamant, Technician
    Bullet Punch
    X-Scissor Bug Bite
    Swords Dance
    Brick Break

Ferrothorn@ Rocky Helmet
    Relaxed, Iron Barbs
    Curse Power Whip
    Gyro Ball
    Leech Seed
    Toxic Thunder Wave

Bisharp@ Expert Belt
    Adamant, Defiant
    IronHead
    Night Slash Sucker Pnch
    Brick Break
    Swords Dance

Metagross@ Balloon
    Adamant, Clear Body
    Zen Headbutt Ice Punch
    Explosion
    Earthquake
    Meteor Mash

Empoleon@ ??
    Modest, Torrent
    Scald
    Agility
    Ice Beam
    Grass Knot

** i haven't got this team yet, i have all the pokemon's first form freshly breed. i don't know which EVs i should give to the pokemon, like i said, never tried competitive before. this is where i need help most, thanks.

Last edited:

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Here are just a few tips:
    Skarmory definitely wants Brave Bird over Steel wing.
    Scizor needs a Life Orb or Lum Berry, he most likely won't take any fire type attacks very well anyways. Also, Technician Bug Bite does more than X-Scissors, so switch those two.
    Ferrothorn would probably like Thunder Wave over Toxic. And may be just me, but I also like Swords Dance over Curse. Power Whip could be the better option, since you have no way to dish out a power grass type attack, yet Steel is pretty much covered.
    Bisharp needs Sucker Punch over Night Slash. The extra power and priority with swords dance works wonders. Also, it's Iron head.
    Metagross could make use of a Balloon. In the last slot, I recommend Meteor mash, while put Ice Punch over Zen Headbutt.
    Empoleon wants a Petaya berry, works well with Torrent.

May I also recommend a Pokemon to add? Lucario got a new toy in Nasty Plot this gen, and your Team lacks a good revenge killer.

Lucario @ Balloon/Life Orb
    Modest, Inner Focus
    252 Spl Attack/ 252 Speed
    -Nasty Plot
    -Vacuum Wave
    -Dark Pulse
    -HP Fire/Ice

auraginx

Canadian Bacon
    Years
  • hmmm okay, thanks. i can do those changes. the ferrothorn moveset might be a matter of trial and error, i like the Thunder Wave-Power Whip-Swords Dance-Leech Seed, but i will try the moveset i listed for now :)

and given that i use Lucario, who should he sub in for?

edit: * also, a general question here... for convenience sake for training, since the changed the way EVs work, could i just grind on Audinos to level and then do EVs after or vice versa, or would it still hinder the outcome of the pokemon's stats?

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • hmmm okay, thanks. i can do those changes. the ferrothorn moveset might be a matter of trial and error, i like the Thunder Wave-Power Whip-Swords Dance-Leech Seed, but i will try the moveset i listed for now :)

and given that i use Lucario, who should he sub in for?

edit: * also, a general question here... for convenience sake for training, since the changed the way EVs work, could i just grind on Audinos to level and then do EVs after or vice versa, or would it still hinder the outcome of the pokemon's stats?

Hrrrmmm... I would have to say Bisharp. D:

And EV training must be done first! Defeating Audinos gives you 2 HP Evs, which would not come in use except for Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and possibly Scizor.

auraginx

Canadian Bacon
    Years
  • ah, darn. i thought it did but wasn't entirely sure. thanks.
    and i prob won't sub out Bisharp unless the team seems to failmoar, because he is one of my new fav gen v poke'.

if i send the pokemon i am EV training out and then swap it, do both pokemon get the EV or just one or the other? and what about the use of experience share?

sorry i am so noobish at this, just trying to be time efficient.

edit: google is my best friend, i clarified the questions above myself.

now i just need to know what EVs my pokemon should be getting :/

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Ferrothorn should never have Curse or Swords Dance,

- Spikes
    - Leech Seed / Stealth Rock
    - Power Whip
    - Gyro Ball / Thunderwave / Protect

That's the moveset he needs, anything else that contains the previously mentioned moves (SD and Curse) is rubbish.

auraginx

Canadian Bacon
    Years
  • i think curse would be neat to use just for fun. why is it so 'rubbish'?

also, anybody have an idea of how i should spread EVs? i only have a general idea.

Back