• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Extra Activities?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Stuff like dance, girl scouts, sports. What extra activities do you do? What were some past activities you used to do? Why did you stop doing them?

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i remember i did trumpet lessons, vocal lessons, and girl scouts.
    i just grew out of them and lost interest. video games are life.

Sirfetch’d

I was in a few clubs back in high school but that was about it haha. When school or whatever was out I wanted to get the hell home and did not care for too many other activities.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I actually used to be a girl scout when I was younger. However, I moved away from a troop I was in. I still remained part of the program though. I did end up quitting because I wasn't really into it as I got older. I think at the time I had just reached a Junior girl scout. I also used to go on the trips still with my mom because they let me tag along, considering I was still part of the program, yet I wasn't really in a specific troop. Some of the trips included going to Boston for the aquariam and the museum of Science where we camped there. There was another girl scout trip as well where we went down by the coastal parts of Maine. We visited this pioneer kind of village too. That's where I had my almost fatal encounter with wasps, which caused me to fear anything that flies and stings. :x

I was also in an anime club at my high school too. I don't remember too much about it, but I remember it was my first time watching Trinity Blood. I can't remember what really happened at that time or how I quit.

I also used to be a Clarinet player, but I gave that up because again... moving around too much and losing touch with skills at playing. By the time I reached high school and joined band then, everyone else had already known how to play instruments, and I was far behind. Thus the reason for quitting and giving up.

Oh, and I was also used to be in chorus because I loved to sing!

As for current extra activities? I go to an anime convention once a year. It's helped my anxiety some as well as my social skills too. Plus, it's fun and really rewarding because I can cosplay different characters. I also get the chance to meet a lot of my favorite voice actors.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I was in football from first grade up until my sophomore year but then had to quit because of my ankle. I was in band from 6th grade through high school, did 4 years of marching band and 2 years of jazz. Did track and field freshman and sophomore year but then had to quit because of my ankle. I was in weightlifting through high school and I think that's it. Never really had any clubs at school that interested me and I would have kept doing football and track but my genes screwed me over and now I can barely walk 5 miles without feeling pain. Can't even think about running or jogging.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I did orchestra, band, piano and choir but I quit by seventh grade since I had no time. I'd love to pick up the piano again though!

I was in a few clubs back in high school but that was about it haha. When school or whatever was out I wanted to get the hell home and did not care for too many other activities.

My parents both had full time jobs so I spent most of my school holidays indoors with my sister. I was pretty okay with that since I hated most of the extra sport programs but I do hang out with friends whenever I get the chance now. :]

Years
  • Way back during my high school days I was told colleges would be more inclined to accept your application if you were part of extra curricular activities. So I joined the DDR club lel. Even though, deep down, I knew that club of all clubs wouldn't get me anywhere. All I did was sit there and eat food. :(

Kind of wish I got more involved in things but I was always pretty introverted and didn't want to be in school longer than I had to. Something sports-related would've been nice.

Bay

Years
  • Way back during my high school days I was told colleges would be more inclined to accept your application if you were part of extra curricular activities. So I joined the DDR club lel. Even though, deep down, I knew that club of all clubs wouldn't get me anywhere. All I did was sit there and eat food. :(

Kind of wish I got more involved in things but I was always pretty introverted and didn't want to be in school longer than I had to. Something sports-related would've been nice.

Yeah I heard that too and hence why I was in a few clubs during high school. One was for community service, another AVID, and a couple for AP classes. I also joined tennis and became manager for the softball team.

During university I also joined a couple clubs and volunteered in my city's library as I heard some companies that does internships like extra activities in your resume. Even after I graduated from university I still volunteered at the library until last year when the program I was overseeing got cancelled by the library.

Years
  • I joined my college's video gaming club and after one semester I'm already on their executive board as a representative of the club to the campus's SGA.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I was in a few clubs back in high school but that was about it haha. When school or whatever was out I wanted to get the hell home and did not care for too many other activities.

I saw this post and just had to say that this is me. When school is over, I don't want to stay after. I just want to go home.

As for me, I'm in Girl Scouts and Dance. I'm graduating, and won't be able to do them anymore. The latter is because my parents won't let me.

I also did gymnastics, but I grew too old for the program. I did tee ball and soccer in Kindergarten, but my mom didn't like how that ended, so I never did that again.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I actually did quite a lot in high school.

I was in band for seven years, with four years on the jazz band, and three in the marching band. There were actually times where I was doing three different bands at once. It was great. Other than that, I did tennis for four years, drama for three, and I was a part of the Writer's Club for my last two years. I ended up making a lot of friends during that time period that made high school worth it. I don't even want to imagine going through all of that without those clubs.

Years
  • Let's see... When I was in elementary school, I was in girl scouts and took karate and gymnastics lessons. (All at different points in time.) When I was ten years old, I decided to pick up violin and that got me into Orchestra in junior high and I continued to play music for the next eight years. I also played around with piano on my own time. Orchestra was responsible for who I made friends with back in the day, and many of these people I still spend time with to this day. I always doodled since I was a little kid, too... I took some art classes in high school. Man... music and art used to be my life. I've really lost my passion and haven't played music or drawn anything (besides dumb sketches) in a long time...

Nowadays I'm incredibly lazy and spend my free time playing video games and surfing the internet. {XD}

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • well I'm in the Band Circuit in my school -- I do jazz, marching and the typical like concert band type thing. I really don't like marching and I really don't like yr stereotypical 'band kid' but there are a lot of cool people that do it who you wouldn't really expect to do it who I've bonded with. jazz is super fun, though, for the most part.

other than that, I helped found a film club at my school last year so I'm still a part of that. and I'm in a band, which isn't really a strict thing but it's good fun -- we play restaurants sometimes, rehearse a lot, etc, but our singer's going off to college next year so I'm not sure how that's gonna go! we'll see. also I ""work"" at a music school. what that entails is basically the dude that runs it put together these little bands with young kids and since no kids can drum worth shit he has me fill in (and he plays bass) and I get paid for every rehearsal. as far as I'm concerned that's the dream. doing something I love to do and getting paid for it. Nice!

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    - uhh well i march and have marched for 3 years, about to start my fourth.
    - i also do reg concert band and have for 6 years, again, about to start my seventh.
    - i play softball, going on four or five yrs?
    - i volunteer quite a bit and i plan on doing more whenever i get a car.

en el pasado:
    - i played basketball for like 7 yrs and i was a girl scout until for 4 years or so.

um that's about it.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • I play sports (Some).
    I used to play Football when I was younger. Then I stopped because it got boring. I got VERY good at catching and passing, though.
    Then I played Soccer for about a year. That was fun, but I had to stop because I hurt my ankle in a game and couldn't play any sport for about a year.
    I played Basketball for year after my ankle healed, and hated it. I got decent at it, but I just didn't like it, so I quit the school basketball team. Coach hated me for it, but I hated the guy anyways, so who cares?
    I then ran Cross Country for a year, and just couldn't take it at the time.
    I now run Track and Field. I love it. I can run a mile in about 5 1/2 minutes. I'm built like a long distance runner, but I'm better at sprints even though I enjoy long distance running more. My fastest mile time ever was around 5:09. I almost died.

I've thought about picking back up Soccer, because I love it. However, I just feel like Track and Field is where I belong in the world of sports. I really can't stand Basketball, though.

I also did Wrestling for about 2 days. That just didn't work.

I also used to do Cub Scouts for a while. I think I got up to a Webelo before I quit. I really loved it for a while, but then it just got tedious and I started hating it.

I also took Karate for a while and got up to a Red over Black Belt, which is about 2 ranks away from a black belt.

I now do volunteer work at a therapeutic horse riding center on Thursdays. It's a really relaxing and enjoyable environment. Helping people is something I love doing. I value other peoples lives before mine, and would give my life for nearly anyone.

I used to play guitar but I can barely remember how to anymore. I would LOVE to play drums, but my parents hate the instruments because they're too loud. I now they're loud and highly agree that they aren't that good for the peaceful neighbourhood we live in. However, I honestly don't care, I want to play drums. I love drums so much. They make me happy. I've gotten to play them once at one of my friends houses and they are SUPER loud and SUPER fun to play. Slamming a bass drum and Hi-Tom over and over really brings me joy. More joy than you could imagine. I tried singing once. I don't sing anymore. To be completely honest, I don't know if I can sing or not, because I've never REALLY tried, but I have sung before. I won't know until I try, but I'm too self conscious to really try.

I'm in French Club at my school and used to be in a Film Club too, but I stopped going to film club, so yeah.

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Nothing currently. I want to try out rowing, but I really dont have the motivation to get into shape. If I can't do rowing, my dad will make me try out for basketball and I know I can't even make JV.

I want to start doing ceramics outside of school.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • > School prefect for my entire high school tenure
    > Eventually college captain
    > Currently play tennis every Monday
    > Signing up for mixed netball with a group of friends for next semester
    > I volunteer at my Youth Group every Sunday to second Sunday

Back