• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.

Sirfetch’d

Apparently this is a law for the state of Alabama! You can also be fined for carrying ice cream in your back pocket here :x

Anyone else have some ridiculous laws where you live?

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Not kinda ridiculous laws we have here. But here's one
    -Pedestrians should use bridges or traffic lights to cross the road because vehicles don't have to stop at zebra crossings until you actually start crossing – quite scary.
    -Public displays of affection are not only frowned on, they may be illegal.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • In New Zealand it is illegal to fly a hot air balloon with a rooster on board apparently.

Years
  • We have a law that gives a fine for wearing pants below the waist; unless you live over here, it sounds kinda dumb.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2016
    Most ridiculous law where I live is probably a law that you're not allowed to ride a bike near lakes, just in case people fall inside and drown... sad law really.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Apparently my state has a law about pickles.

"In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce."

You also can't walk backwards after sunset, throw out used razor blades, or bike over 65 mph (104.6 kph).

Years
  • apparently here there is a law that you cant be drunk and in charge of a cow.

There is also one that says if anyone knocks on your door and asks to use your toilet you must let them in.

Years
  • My personal favourite is the law that says cyclists over a certain age must ride on the road not the path so that they're not a danger to pedestrians. Because having all this slow-moving and/or stupid cyclists on the road with cars and trucks is apparently safer.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    apparently here there is a law that you cant be drunk and in charge of a cow.
    Which makes a good bit of sense, actually, even though it may be oddly specific to cattle and may not include, say, bison or elephants. The law will seem quaint and irrelevent to most people, but there are many cows and many farmers still in the world, and controlling a large animal can be very difficult. The handler has to remain well aware of the environment and the animal's reactions to it, so naturally one ought to be sober to make the appropriate judgement calls.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • If any person has a puppet show, wire dancing or tumbling act in the state of Indiana and receives money for it, they will be fined $3 under the Act to Prevent Certain Immoral Practices.

Also

A person must get a referral from a licensed physician if he or she wishes to see a hypnotist unless the desired procedure is to quit smoking or lose weight.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    The law in Connecticut is that only the driver and front seat passenger has to wear a seat belt in a vehicle. Everyone else can legally bounce around the car and fly out the windshield.

Years
  • dumblaws is a pretty dumb website. For example, the summary of:

9.36.150 Carrying animals on outside of vehicle. No person driving a motor vehicle shall transport any animal in the back of the vehicle in a space intended for any load on the vehicle on a street unless the space is enclosed or has side and tail walls to a height of at least 46 inches extending vertically from the floor, or the animal is cross tethered to the vehicle, or is protected by a secured container or cage, in a manner which will prevent the animal from being thrown, falling or jumping from the vehicle.

is:

No one may tie their pet dog to the roof of a car.

What? There is no reference to tying animals to the roof of the vehicle, in fact, tying an animal down in the cargo area is one of the ways of legally carrying an animal outside of the vehicle. And how is that a dumb law? Don't we want to ensure that animals are kept safe if they have to be transported in the cargo bay of a vehicle?

Big Government. Small Brains. Dumb Laws.

Wow. Way to keep the American public informed, guys.

Super Prism

Sylveon Enthusiast
    Years
  • Apparently it's against the law in North Carolina to have sex in any other position than missionary... with your curtains drawn open.

Schwarzer Regen

imagine my name in a fancy color/font, I'm just po
    Years
  • This one is mildly confusing..
    You're not allowed to possess, sell or buy marijuana here (Germany), however the pure consumation of it is perfectly legal; I'm unsure if weird law-gic or someone just missed something
    o.o

Years
  • This one is mildly confusing..
    You're not allowed to possess, sell or buy marijuana here (Germany), however the pure consumation of it is perfectly legal; I'm unsure if weird law-gic or someone just missed something
    o.o

They probably want to criminalize the trade of the drug without criminalizing recreational use. Kind of like how in some countries being a prostitute is legal, but buying sex from a prostitute isn't.

Raichulover123

The Mouse Pokèmon
    Years
  • In my state:

- Its illegal to drive a camel on a highway
    - In one city Its illegal to lie down on a sidewalk
    - Mothers must have a license to give their daughters perms
    - Its "legal" to hang someone for shooting your dog
    - In one city its illegal to pawn your dentures.

What state do I live in? (Guess) ;)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    You are not allowed to tie your Alligator to a fire hydrant in Detroit. Because we all seem to have one of those in our house. xD

Back