• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Hairspray (Most productive team member will win a Steam game!)

• Thread starter Pokémon Trainer 188
  • Start date

Pokémon Trainer 188

uhNxMf5.gif

Introduction

You're probably asking yourself, 'Why Hairspray? Why not something original and easier to make?' Well to be honest there are three reasons why I want to make this hack and here are those three reasons in order.
    This is an obvious one but I LOVE Hairspray ♥, it's one of those movies I could never get sick of.
    Because it'll be a fun challenge, try to get those maps just right like in the movie and scripting a whole movie and more into one game!
    Lastly because I want to play a Pokemon Hairspray hack, it's sounds like fun mixing my favorite movie with my favorite video game and I doubt if anyone's ever gonna make a Hairspray hack.
    This hack will be based on the 2007 movie and not the original 1988 movie.
    By working in a team I hope to learn a few things as my only good talents are Mapping and Tile Inserting.
    I can't wait to get started on this hack so I hope ya'll join me on a hack of a lifetime!
    Here's a little about me summed up in a GIF...

tumblr_lisyqlVzSQ1qbg7bio1_500.gif

Story

Well seeing as it's a hack of a movie with the same story there's not really a point of me writing down the whole plot but I'll tell you how Pokemon will come into the story after all it wouldn't be a Pokemon game without battles, so most of the people in each scene of the movie will be a Trainer and you'll battle our way to the goal of that scene as such, the 'Gym Leaders' will be the Main Characters such as Velma Von Tussle and "Motormouth" Maybelle. These will mainly be during the songs but some will be at the major parts of the movie, as for catching Pokemon there will be grass scattered around Baltimore and you'll buy Pokeballs to catch them so it's the same as any Main series Pokemon game. As for the 'Elite four' you'll battle each character in the final song in order except Tracy Turnblad as she'll be the player so there won't be a choice of Male or Female.

Features

Day & Night system!
    Brand new sprites!
    A huge Baltimore city to explore with new areas not in the movie!
    New Characters not in the movie!
    Physical/Special split!
    Pokemon from Gen I-VI!
    Fairy type!
    New moves to do with the movie!

tumblr_m8uviwP0jG1qajzrro2_500.gif

What I'm looking for?​

*You don't need prior knowledge of Hairspray to work on this hack all info will be given when you join*

Lead Mapper (Experienced Mapper)
    Mapper (2)
    Lead Scripter (Experienced Scripter)
    Scripter (4)
    ASM (2)
    Tile Inserter (1)
    Lead Spriter (Experienced Spriter)
    Spriter (2)
    Idea guy (girl) (3)
    World map editor (1)
    Music Editor (2)
    Tile Designer (1)
    You may also apply for anything I missed

And I don't want any Beta Testers, it's not a hard to do and the Team Members and I can do it. It's not a talent and it needs to stop!

giphy.gif

Application Form​

Name (Nickname):
    Applying for?:
    Sample of your work:
    Timezone (Country if unsure):
    Availability:
    How to contact (Skype is preferred):
    Anything to note:

Hairspray-musical-movie-quotes-13.gif

Team​

Me (so far!): Mapper, Tile inserter (a very lazy one) and some sort of really bad scripter​

What has been done?​

tumblr_mor1ysYP4J1r14o02o1_250.gif

This isn't from Hairspray
    (╥﹏╥)

Userbars

a9SSUAY.gif

Yay there's one! But it might be a little big.

giphy.gif

Closing note <3​

I can't wait to see this hack grow and I can't wait to meet a lot of new people while working on it, I'd like to thank anyone who took the time to look at this thread and be sure to look at the hack thread when it is released!​

Thank you!​
    tumblr_mtr24pqYMl1s8c5xno1_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2023
    Hm looks like a weird and creative idea! I would join, but dont have much experience

Back