• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Easiest Catches

Love_Fight_Repeat

*Having_Fun*
Years
  • So I recently bought Omega Rudy and was at the part where you had to battle Primal Groudon. After going too hard and defeating it the first go around, I redid it this time with a softer approach.

I started the battle with my Mightyena and landed a couple of Rock Smashes doing minimal damage and Groudon decided to use rest instead of obliterating me. While it was asleep I thought what the heck why not throw a Pokeball, see what happens. Well at near maximum health and asleep I threw a Great Ball...

AND I CAUGHT IT!!!

Moral of the story: whenever pokemon are afflicted by a status condition try catching it then it should be easier.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Yes that's true, but some work better then others. Sleep and paralysis work better than the rest iirc.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • That's what I usually do ... When I want to catch an important Pokémon, like a legendary or a shiny, I usually have a Pokémon with moves like stun spore, thunder wave, hypnosis, etc. And, when the foe is with minimum health and paralized/asleep, it's super easy to catch. =D

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    That's what I usually do ... When I want to catch an important Pokémon, like a legendary or a shiny, I usually have a Pokémon with moves like stun spore, thunder wave, hypnosis, etc. And, when the foe is with minimum health and paralized/asleep, it's super easy to catch. =D

Unless it's a gen 6 story legendary they can be caught easy.
    Other legendarys are a lot tougher though.

Unfourtunatly moves like false swipe are hard to come by.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Unless it's a gen 6 story legendary they can be caught easy.
    Other legendarys are a lot tougher though.

Unfourtunatly moves like false swipe are hard to come by.

Well, in ORAS, Rayquaza was super easy to catch ... But that's probably because we had no chance to save before battling Deoxys (that was a pain). So yeah, you're right!

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2023
    Unless it's a gen 6 story legendary they can be caught easy.

Well, in ORAS, Rayquaza was super easy to catch.

The reason they are easy is because they have a catch rate of 45. Normal legendaries have a catch rate of 3. But because you are REQUIRED to catch Xerneas, Yveltal, and Rayquaza to continue, Game Freak made their catch rates significantly higher so that you aren't stuck not being able to catch the Pokemon and thus, not being able to continue the story.

Quote from Bulbapedia
    "In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the catch rates of Kyogre, Groudon, Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, and Zekrom, the game mascots made obtainable in those games that did not already have a catch rate of 3, were changed to 3, while the catch rate of Rayquaza was raised from 3 to 45."

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    The reason they are easy is because they have a catch rate of 45. Normal legendaries have a catch rate of 3. But because you are REQUIRED to catch Xerneas, Yveltal, and Rayquaza to continue, Game Freak made their catch rates significantly higher so that you aren't stuck not being able to catch the Pokemon and thus, not being able to continue the story.

Quote from Bulbapedia
    "In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the catch rates of Kyogre, Groudon, Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, and Zekrom, the game mascots made obtainable in those games that did not already have a catch rate of 3, were changed to 3, while the catch rate of Rayquaza was raised from 3 to 45."

Yes but I don't see a real reason for it. Rayquaza maybe, but not the others.

Years
  • As mentioned, Rayquaza has a reason to be caught which is why its catch rate in ORAS is 45. Reshiram/Zekrom and Xerneas/Yveltal in their respective games also had a requirement to be caught, so it's explainable.

Kyogre and Groudon aren't required captures so they still have the low catch rate of 3.

buttlet32

Buttlet
    Years
  • Well knowing all that tells me that I am truly blessed. I caught my Dialga with a Pokeball at full health on the first try. I named him 'Dialga' because I don't normally nickname my legendaries.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Groudon completely obliterated my team in Omega Ruby so I had to use a master ball, haha. I had him asleep but then he woke up and used Rest anyway :(

Back