• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#7 - Colour the Canvas [VOTING]

Which was the best tag?

• Kaori

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • brane

• JalordaSerpent7

• mzmingle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • Remember to consider the theme; "Colour" when voting. And if you do vote, post a comment telling us why you think that person deserves to win.

Kaori:

Ldxty.png

Stock.

Abnegation:

possess.png

Stock.

brane:

from_another_world_by_br4ne-d4m2o23.png

Stock 1 - Stock 2

JalordaSerpent7:

color.png

Stock.

mzmingle:

35cpqqc.jpg

Stock.

moments.:

colourink.png

Stock.

zZJoennZz

What da!?
    Years
  • I can't choose between Abnegation and moments.
    Abnegation's piece was awesome the colors are all blended as well as moments.' moments.' piece has a atmosphere I like and that smokes was cool ^_^
    moments. GMV

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • My favourite definitely Abnegation, Kaori and moments.'
    So haaard ;;

But I think I will vote for moments. I love the simplicity of the whole piece, the colour and the abstractness of the image doesn't need any text which snatches my vote. Abnegation's was goos, however the girl's left eye, (my left) irritated me. Too much contrast throughout the piece tbh. aaand, Kaori's I like also, although I ofund it a bit too plain, personally.

Really everyone did a great job, good work guys. :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Don't generally jump in and question people's criticism but...
    I can't choose between Abnegation and moments.
    Abnegation's piece was awesome the colors are all blended as well as moments.' moments.' piece has a atmosphere I like and that smokes was cool ^_^
    moments. GMV
    You should probably look at moments' stock image. What you said you liked is the atmosphere and the smoke. Both of which are part of the stock image and not something I feel moments actually brought to the piece.

My favourite definitely Abnegation, Kaori and moments.'
    So haaard ;;

But I think I will vote for moments. I love the simplicity of the whole piece, the colour and the abstractness of the image doesn't need any text which snatches my vote. Abnegation's was goos, however the girl's left eye, (my left) irritated me. Too much contrast throughout the piece tbh. aaand, Kaori's I like also, although I ofund it a bit too plain, personally.

Really everyone did a great job, good work guys. :3
    First of all, the fact that a tag or piece "doesn't need text" isn't really a positive point. The inclusion of text is just a factor of the image. Not to mention that using text is quite difficult, typography is one of the largest aspects of graphic art, and the absence of it in a piece shouldn't effect the piece positively at all. To say my tag had too much contrast is a little odd, like stated in all TotF's before, you need to take into mind the theme. And given that this was all about color of course it needed to have a lot of contrast.

While I do like moments' tag, I do feel that some of the comments are forgetting to both look at the stock and the theme. Just looking over the posts I'm just gonna nip this at the bud and remind people of the rules of TotF. Regardless of what tag you feel is the best, always keep in mind the themes and to look at the stocks. This was an issue in past TotF's and SotW's. The comments simply seemed to me to be falling back into the habit of members voting without reading the rules and taking into account the stock images used and the themes presented.

So just for future TotF's guys remember to keep those in mind, as well as this fortnight's of course. Just so that we can actually hold onto the competition this time! Anyway, good luck to all participants and happy voting.

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    This was a very tough toss up between Abs and Moments, while moments was probably the most colourful and vibrant of all pieces, I don't know if it was the oversharpening or just the quality of render but it is very messy closer to the center, while Abs does essentially focus on colour, I don't know how to explain it, but I just feel that it seems like its missing something, I don't know if it's the amount of white or the lack of colours other then the yellow and purple. But due to the clarity clean look of the piece, I'd have to vote for Abs.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like Gav's the most. While nice, it feels like the extra effects have been slapped on for moments :x I felt that those textures weren't really necessarily, while Gav's plays with colour in an interesting way that just seems idk, much more abstract and appealing to the eye. If moments didn't have those extra textures then I'm pretty sure it'd have been a lot harder to choose between the two, tbh. Both do bring out the colour the best though, which is the main thing here, and Gav's extra creativity just put him over the edge for me really.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Congratulations to Gavin who was this rounds winner, and to everybody who entered!
    You may or may not have seen that the next round has already been posted and has yet to have any entries, so pop in HERE and enter!

Look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back