• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi! New Guy Here.

Years
  • Hello, everyone!

I've recently been interested in playing Pokemon again. Now, I honestly haven't played since the days of Red, Blue, and Yellow. My little brother had some of the versions on the GBA, but I never got around to playing those. Even at that time, those games were incredibly addicting and so enthralling.

I'm getting a 3DS soon and have been looking at games to get. Of course, I had to come back to my old favorite and see how it has grown and evolved. It simply blows me away how far along the game has come. I can't wait to get sucked back into that world that brought me tons of joy as a kid.

It looks like there is a thriving Pokemon community and I would love to stick around and be apart of it. I have a lot of catching up to in the PokeWorld, haha.

Any suggestions on which versions I should get first; Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire?

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • hello and welcome to the community. i'm sure there are websites you can play the old pokemon games on including on the phones. also, are you getting the regular 3ds or the new 3ds xl? i love my monster hunter 3dsxl that i got. let me know if you need help or just a friend, drop me a vm! hope you enjoy your stay here.

Years
  • Hey whatsup Neo! It is really crazy how far the Pokemon franchise has come. Especially if you think that it started as a 2d 8-bit game.

To be honest, you're really lucky in how you played your Pokemon games. What I mean is even though you never played a gba Pokemon game you won't miss them since Pokemon Red/Blue was basically Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen and you'll experience Pokemon RSE in ORAS. The sad thing is that you haven't played any of the ds games yet which in my opinion were the best of them.

It's great that you're coming back to Pokemon after all this time though. It's still a great series and I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as you did as a kid. Although learning all the new Pokemon that you missed will definitely be a pain in the butt.

Anyways it's great meeting you and I hope to see you around! :)

Coffee

Banned
    Years
  • Welcome to PC Neo! I hope you will enjoy it here :)

As for wich game... It's totally up to you! :D
    The only differences are some pokemon and the evil team. :)

Years
  • I answered your question over in the New Users Hangout but hey, great to see you make a formal introduction as well. On that note, welcome aboard Neo!

So you're someone who missed a lot of generations worth of Pokemon games, so a lot of catching up you have to do, since the leap from 1st Gen directly to 6th Gen will really catch you off-guard if you don't look back at each generation in-between and notice the changes little-by-little. Just my two cents on the best advice for adjusting, especially because 6th Gen is so drastically different compared to everything before it.

It was nice to meet you, and I hope you have a nice weekend as well! I'm always around if you have any questions or just need someone to talk to, since I'm all ears for it! See you for now and good luck.

Years
  • hello and welcome to the community. i'm sure there are websites you can play the old pokemon games on including on the phones. also, are you getting the regular 3ds or the new 3ds xl? i love my monster hunter 3dsxl that i got. let me know if you need help or just a friend, drop me a vm! hope you enjoy your stay here.

Well, with that suggestion, I will be getting the 3DSXL for sure. I'm ordering it today, in fact. The link to the Monster Hunter saga looks amazing! That is the genre of writing I can really get absorbed into. Thank you for the well wishes and that link. ^^ Oh, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions and probably need some guidance along the way, haha. Thanks again for warm welcome.

Heey there and welcome, welcome to PC!. My name is Archy and it's really nice to meet you!.

I wasn't born on the time of Blue & Red!!. But, I started with Sapphire. Good to hear that you're back on the game!, that's amazing. And umm, I didn't played OR/AS so I can't help you. Sorry!.

But, if you need somehting else from me. You can ask!. :) Good luck!.

Hi, Archy! Thank you for the greeting. Everyone here seems amazingly nice and friendly.

Hey whatsup Neo! It is really crazy how far the Pokemon franchise has come. Especially if you think that it started as a 2d 8-bit game.

To be honest, you're really lucky in how you played your Pokemon games. What I mean is even though you never played a gba Pokemon game you won't miss them since Pokemon Red/Blue was basically Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen and you'll experience Pokemon RSE in ORAS. The sad thing is that you haven't played any of the ds games yet which in my opinion were the best of them.

It's great that you're coming back to Pokemon after all this time though. It's still a great series and I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as you did as a kid. Although learning all the new Pokemon that you missed will definitely be a pain in the butt.

Anyways it's great meeting you and I hope to see you around! :)

Oh yeah, I remember playing the first Pokemon Blue on my big, chunky, and grey, original Game Boy. Incredibly low definition and color palette. But, it was so fun and addicting! The very first day I got that game in the 90's, my little brother and I stayed up until 6AM, trying to catch a Dratini in the Safari Zone. Good time, good times....

I've recently found myself with some extra free time (finally) and I couldn't think of anything more fun than jumping back into the Pokemon world. {:3}

Welcome to PC Neo! I hope you will enjoy it here :)

As for wich game... It's totally up to you! :D
    The only differences are some pokemon and the evil team. :)

I'm enjoying it very much so far. A wonderful community here! I think I might start off with AS, but, I'm still not sure....

I answered your question over in the New Users Hangout but hey, great to see you make a formal introduction as well. On that note, welcome aboard Neo!

So you're someone who missed a lot of generations worth of Pokemon games, so a lot of catching up you have to do, since the leap from 1st Gen directly to 6th Gen will really catch you off-guard if you don't look back at each generation in-between and notice the changes little-by-little. Just my two cents on the best advice for adjusting, especially because 6th Gen is so drastically different compared to everything before it.

It was nice to meet you, and I hope you have a nice weekend as well! I'm always around if you have any questions or just need someone to talk to, since I'm all ears for it! See you for now and good luck.

Thank you for helping me out with some advice on which game to get first. I know I'll be dipping into collective knowledge base here, with plenty of questions I'll have along the way. There have been plenty of changes for sure. Luckily, I've been watching tons of YouTube videos featuring walk-throughs and that is helping for sure. I've also downloaded some ROMS and catching up on the 3rd and 4th generation games. So, I'm coming along...I hope...

The aspect I'm going to like most is the online play. When I was a kid playing the first generation, we would dream and talk about playing/trading/battling countless other people, over the internet, like it was some kind of magical, far-fetched, fantasy-filled idea. Now, it has become reality.

I'll be working all weekend, but I do have Monday and Tuesday off! Hopefully, I'll have my 3DSXL, my game of choice, and plenty of time to play. {:3}

Thanks again, everyone! I seriously didn't expect such warm and welcoming greetings. I'm really happy to be apart of the PokeCommunity!

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Primal Groudon is best, get Omega Ruby.

Also welcome to Pokecommunity! I hope maybe you'll come try some challenges when you beat your new game. :) No pressure though, it's not for everyone haha!

Years
  • Biased towards Alpha Sapphire since I loved the thunderstorm scene in the original Sapphire.. but really, they're both amazing. Version exclusives don't matter much anymore since trading for other Pokemon is so easy, especially through the Global Trade Station where you connect to WiFi and search for what you want. Personally I'd say AS but it doesn't make much of a difference in the long run so don't stress over it (psst Primal Kyogre is better don't listen to the post above lool).

That aside, welcome to PC, Neo. :D Pokemon's very friendly towards returning fans as well as new ones and the sixth gen actually did bring many older fans back to this franchise. Hope you'll enjoy playing through and posting here!

Back