• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An old article from Paul Feig, director of the new Ghostbusters film

Years

The article

"Poor men. You hear them at the office, in restaurants, in bars, their brains filled with meaningless facts about sports, cars and electronics as they entertain friends with their endless jokes about genitalia and bathroom activities, not to mention their humorous accusations as to the sexual orientation of their conversation partners. They loudly amuse themselves by hurling insults and epithets -- the words "dick," "balls" and "ass" being the etymological anchors of their attacks -- all for the express purpose of making one another laugh. They seem to be having such a great time that you'd feel like a monster alerting them to this one unfortunate fact: Men just aren't funny."

"It makes sense. Men are genetically programmed to hunt and gather. It is they who must impregnate the herd and protect the collective. And so it's only logical that their brains would need to possess lower humor standards in order to pass the hours entertainingly with their cohorts while stalking that night's dinner or standing guard against the enemy. Imagine if they had to amuse their fellow warriors with jokes and banter that were actually funny. That impossibly high standard would leave them in such despair that they would become easy prey."

---

Is he even real? Do we not live in a world where Amy Schumer (LOL SEMEN SEX PERIODS DICKS VAGINAS BTW I'M JEWISH) is one of the top rated female comics? Anyway, this thread isn't really about male vs female humour, we all know who wins that, it's about pointing out one of the most ridiculous articles I have ever read. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did.

Years
  • Well, everyone has different tastes when it comes to comedy. Sounds like he was a good pick to direct the Ghostbusters movie since he seems to prefer women comedians. The whole thing seemed a little tongue-in-cheek though.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    good lord it's amazing how people can miss the joke if it suits their rather oblivious agenda

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    1) an intellectual anomaly that allows males to believe that they and their friends are funny,

"Everyone is wrong except for me" should've been the title for this article, because that's what it essentially is.

Back