• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wonder Trading

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
  • I only have 1 medal but I love random trades lol
    Got a Meganium and a Ditto, both of them level 100 and shinies.
    Ditto came with a masterball so I don't think it's legit. The Meganium came from an egg so idk

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    So far, the best ones I've ever got is a Pokemon with a good IV spread, but I forgot which one, haha.

I kinda stopped Wonder Trading, when the Bad Egg rumors went widespread. I was really hoping for Nintendo/Game Freak sites to clear up those Bad Egg rumors before, haha. :D

Years
  • Iv gotten several Shiny pokemon over Wonder Trade, but only one that seems legit enough.
    Which was a Shiny Sylveon lvl 100. More of a Jolteon guy bahahah, but not going to complain.
    The first shiny received over wonder trade is always an awesome time.
    My first was Shiny Aegislash I just about s@&t bricks when I got it.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    I am new to Pokemon. The best trade I received was a Volcanion on my second or third trade. I usually trade something I think is okay, like a doduo, sigilyph, or a venipede or similar (I have been playing 72 hours and have just finished the game - got to the credits anyway). I hate it when people (who have been playing for many hours especially like 500+) trade a zigzagoon or a magikarp, it feels like a slap in the face, but that is probably just me. I have received a lot of Froakies and Charmanders lately, which leads to my question, what is a hacked Pokemon and how do I know if I get one? And where are people catching those starters? Lately I have been leveling them up (evolving them to their final form) and trading them for legendary Pokemon. pardon my Newbie questions. And why do people give pokemon nicknames that make them difficult to trade on the GTS? No one wants my Zekrom called 'Digimon' presumably because of the name.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've gotten a couple of shinies from WT before, with one being Vaporeon. I can't precisely whether if any of them were hacked or not.

Years
  • I wish i had that luck and recive legend. If i did not give them back my box would be full of recived zigzagoons -,-. And here i am sending nice pokemon on high level and reciving back bs.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Well, as of late I haven't been doing much Wonder Trading, however the last time I did a Wonder Trade I ended up getting a shiny 6 IV Charmander. :pink_boogie:

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    I've been getting useless Pokemons from Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire. I the best one I got was a level 1 female togepi with some 31 ivs.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • I usually do Wonder Trades mainly for Pok?miles. If I receive something good
    from a Trainer, I try to request for trade again (via acquaintance list) and give
    something back (but most of the time, being rejected, probably they don't care
    what they actually receive from others and consider it as a giveaway).

So far, the best Pok?mon I have received from WT is probably the Level 100
    perfect IV Shiny Mudkip (eventually traded it back to Wonder Trade).

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I wonder traded a lot last year ago and sometimes go GOOD and JUNK pokemon. Also I planning to get pokemiles

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Ive got a could shinies from wonder trading but mainly they were the level 100 6iv pokemon that still were not evolved xD

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • WT brings me joy honestly.

At the beginning I gave meh Pokemon that I had in double or stuff, then now I'm only giving my breeding trials and what I've got from previous WT.

Wurmples, Zigzagoons, Magikarps, Feebas, Eevee, Poochyenas, Finneons, Lotads; very common shit around.
    My first WT gave me a Cresselia, which I was later offered to trade for a good IV-spread Gardevoir.
    I got some Shinies (notably Mudkip), I got some HA Pokemon (SUPER COOL), and even some kind of hacked Pokemon. The two I can name are shiny, lv.100, perfect IV-spread Kangaskhan and Gengar.

I don't know if it is good to keep hacked Pokemon. Nor how to recognize them (although 6 perfect IV is pretty obvious for me).

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Hmm... I WT A LOT (I did, at least, I took an about 6 months Pokébreak :P )

I did got a lot of shinies, releasing the hacked one (starters "meet" at level one, some obious things like this), so I don't get myself or anybody in trouble. I do have a level 100, 6 Iv shiny Medicham, with loads of ribbons and maxed contes stats who make me doubt a lot, but then, hatched in an egg in Illumis... Meh.

Never got a legend, though :3

I also get lots of breeding materials, some 5IVs, cute balls, and even a Jap event Magikarp :3

I was just asking myself, since I took a 6 months break : are Wonder Trade Wednesdays still a thing ?

And, by grace, release the junk you receive, do not send them back @.@ The most frustrating things are receiving level 2 Zig/Pooch/etc in ULTRA BALL. Like, the guy/girl is super advanced in the game but go back in the beginning to WT junk ._.

I got an Absol with five perfect IV's and some egg moves. I've also gotten some hidden ability Pokemon, including starters. I've gotten some, but not a lot of freshly caught first-route Pokemon. Most of the Pokemon I've gotten were ones that seemed like leftovers from breeding, since they had only one or two IV's, maybe an egg move.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • By the way here is a good hint to spot Hacked 'mons : Memory girl in Couriway town says this about them : "this Pokemon seems to have a good memory but it doesn't seem to be able to remember"... Hmmm I don't know why but this is not displaying for 100% of the cases : still reliable that if it shows then the Pokemon is for sure hacked, but the reverse logical statement is not true. I have some hacked Pokemon that in some way bypassed the Memory Girl check.

But what are the consequences if a Pokemon is legit/legal or not? And if I understand well, hacked Pokemon's offspring is not considered illegal any more, right.

I have received some non-legit 'mons and I can use them in WiFi random battles. Did not try to register them in competitive battles or in pokebank, though.

Last edited:
    Back