• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Way To Hatch Eggs?

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
h60F70D3D

As we all know, the way to hatch Pokemon eggs is to keep riding our bike/walking til we reach a certain amount of steps. For some of us (perhaps most even), this tactic can become mighty tiring.

In X and Y, we got another way to EV train Pokemon so perhaps we'll see a new way of hatching eggs! Hopefully one less draining and repetitive!

Do you think in the future, we'll see other ways of hatching Pokemon? Which ways do you think they'd introduce if they were to change the way?

----

I'm rooting for a touch screen based game where you can rub the egg to keep it warm. ^-^

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Unless they come up with a way to hatch more than five eggs at a time, or just possibly something faster than it currently is, I'm more hoping for a way to release eggs, because at the moment they're piling up, and aint nobody got time to hatch all of them the conventional way.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
A mini-game where you dump like 30 eggs in an egg incubator and bike around / interact with stylus with would be so useful. Or dump them off in an egg daycare, haha. We are in 2014 and we are lazy! I would even pay pokedollars if it gave me more free time.

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
Years
The process as it stands now keeps me away from breeding as much as I would like to. It's very time consuming and if they could speed it up a bit I would appreciate it. Even if we had to wait for a "Pokemon Z" for it to be release it would be nice to have a faster method. I'm sure there will be other ways in the future but whether they will be quicker who really knows.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Well, the Hatching O-Power is already a big help, but indeed, an incubator that works with mini-games would be great. Maybe give it an extra boost with real life steps? Its something I would see GameFreak doing.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2014
It would lose its meaning if it didn't take it's time, I think. But after the 100th egg of the day you can pretty much go mad. That is why I love my volcarona and its flame body :D

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm going with the incubator idea, it would be cool if it worked like a Day-Care where I could drop off x amount of eggs at once, have it timed or play a mini-game or what have you, and be able to come back and have all of those eggs hatched and ready.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
All I have to say on the subject is look at Super Training. While they gave us an alternate method of EV training, it is much slower than the conventional way.

If they give us another method it will probably be slower and more painful than biking.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
In BW2 a maxed Join Avenue Nursery could hatch the eggs instantly in exchange for a small fee. That is also the generation where RNG breeding was close to impossible. We dearly wish they would reintroduce this function in future games.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Honestly, they did give us a nice way to easily hatch eggs. The Hatching O-Power that Omi mentioned, and also the fact that the games are now in 3D. I'm pretty sure most of you know how to do the Dime/Card/Penny trick where you just fly to the middle of Lumiose and bike around the tower with one of the mentioned items under your analog stick thingy. As far as I'm concerned, hatching eggs is easier now than it's ever been just because of those two things.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Perhaps Pokemon Amie could play into it. For every team member you have with x-number of affection hearts in your party, the rate at which pokemon are hatched is multiplied, similar to Flame Body. This would represent how the pokemon in your party are willing to help you raise the egg as part of your family.

Realistically, anyone who mass-breeds would probably only use this method on their Flame Body user as opposed to having a full team, so that they can have the other 5 spots for eggs. But I really like the concept behind this idea.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 10, 2015
All I have to say on the subject is look at Super Training. While they gave us an alternate method of EV training, it is much slower than the conventional way.

If they give us another method it will probably be slower and more painful than biking.

i almost entirely disagree with you while runnong in circles with your brace or lens of choice equipped slaughtering low evel pokemon for easy evs is not horribly long i cant always keep track and mess up with the Super training i save time, personally, because i dont mess up anymore since i can tell where my progress is and also i find it faster in general, maybe its cause i do the lv 3's? dunno but you get a lot of bag x L's from them and those are quick too :p i like it in the end. and eggs i second all incubation theories and ideas Very good ideas!

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
Years
I got taught a new way to hatch eggs faster really quick here is the scoop.
things needed:
five cents or other countries like a quarter or penny or something that fits the description lol
pokemon with flamebody abilty such as macaggo, magmar or talonflame
then go to lumios city in the middle and get on your bike keep ridding around until it hatches :-)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I've been hearing a lot about this hatching O Power. Where can I obtain it?
You have to have obtained all the other o-powers first and have max style, and then you get it from Mr. Bonding in Cafe Introversion.

Gible

Y L I E S S E
Years
You have to have obtained all the other o-powers first and have max style, and then you get it from Mr. Bonding in Cafe Introverison.

Yeesh. How can I tell if I have max style? I recently got access to Lumiose Boutique and the cost of Mega Stones are at 150,000.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Yeesh. How can I tell if I have max style? I recently got access to Lumiose Boutique and the cost of Mega Stones are at 150,000.
When you max out your style the Mega Stones should be around 10,000. To raise your style you can buy pokeballs one at a time from the Pokeball Boutique until you max it out.

Gible

Y L I E S S E
Years
When you max out your style the Mega Stones should be around 10,000. To raise your style you can buy pokeballs one at a time from the Pokeball Boutique until you max it out.

Oh really?! How many Pokeballs are we looking at here haha I don't wanna sit in the Pokeball Boutique for centuries buying 999 Pokeballs individually lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Oh really?! How many Pokeballs are we looking at here haha I don't wanna sit in the Pokeball Boutique for centuries buying 999 Pokeballs individually lol.
About 200 if you've done nothing else to raise your style. Could be less depending on your current style level.

Back