• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

concerts

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I've been to a lot of concerts over my lifetime. In this month alone, I've seen Neil Diamond on the 13th, and I'm going back to see him again on the 28th. His concerts are always good, since he has a lot of experience putting on shows.

One of my regrets is that I never got a chance to see Phil Collins play live before he retired. I've seen all of my other favorite singers (Neil Diamond, Journey, Paul Simon) live, but Phil Collins will forever be an empty spot on my list.

Hearing music live is a completely different experience than listening to a studio recording or even a live recording on an album. There's a different feeling that comes with the music when I hear it live. I have found that for me, it's easier for me to really appreciate the song itself while listening to the studio recording. Listening to it live makes the song seem more powerful with the feelings that it evokes.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
OF COURSE I DO WHAT THE HELL I just went to South By So What this past Saturday and saw a number of bands that I like and some new ones that I'd never heard of, but are actually incredibly good. Of the ones I knew and absolutely FAWNED over were Beartooth and Attila (I really only went for the former, but the rest came as a convenient package) and some new ones included Ice Nine Kills, Palasades, City of the Week (super minor but god they were good - female lead singer, too! hello new Maria Brink, anyone?) Hundred, and Vanna. Most of them aren't on Spotify so I probably won't/can't listen regularly, unless I buy their CDs and the newer bands start releasing some, but it was still good fun for the day of the festival that I went.

I am seeing Lana Del Rey in May and I'm sooo excited for that. I think that live music experiences are what life was really built around and if you're not getting your fill of them, you're not really living.

Years
concerts are just a whole nother level of musical experience, much better than anything else. especially when you're with some good friends, it's an amazing time. i've probably had the most fun in my life at concerts, and that's saying something, because thankfully i've had a very fun life so far :-) hoping to go see sam smith when he comes in August, that will be a blast. and then of course acl !!

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
only been to one, but I have tickets to two more coming up in the next few months (The Mountain Goats and Modest Mouse) and I plan on really getting my act together and seeing a bunch in the next year or so. they're so much fun.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Do theaters count like concerts? If they do, I've been to quite a few. I mean, just who wouldn't like concerts? They're so much fun! :) I remember once when I went to watch a comedy Shakespeare play. It kept me laughing throughout the whole play. It was loads of fun especially when I went with my friends.

Lucid

I've seen Tool three times, NIN twice, Deaftones once, Snoopdog once, 311 once. I've been to Bonaroo back in 2009 and Voodoofest in 2010, so caught a couple of dozen shows there, Beastie Boys, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Lil Wayne (who got all pissy and walked off stage), Theivery Corperation, A Tribe Called Quest, Phish (don't even like them but nothing else was playing), Public Enemy (it was hilarious) and a lot of others I can't think of atm.

Years
I've been to a few concerts in my time, although the majority were actually country concerts held in a theatre rather than huge shows with a moshpit. Most recently I went to see Karnivool, Dead Letter Circus and sleepmakeswaves on the polymorphism tour (in 2014) and I admit I really enjoyed it.

It wasn't too cramped because it was held at a big outdoor amphitheatre and it was easy to be a part of it all without having to be stuck in a moshpit. It's certainly one of my favourite experiences.

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
unfortunately i've only been to one concert which was bruno mars, it was amazing but not exactly what i listen to on a daily basis. from all of the experience with the concerts i've been to i've deducted that concerts are about feeling your favorite artists on another level and bonding with others who enjoy the same music you do. atm i won't be able to see whatever concerts i wish bc parents but when i got to college it's on. i'd like to see modest mouse, unknown mortal orchestra, the sweetwater 420 fest in general, and lollapalooza (which i would've kill to be at last year).

They call me Brandon Lee

don't u look at my girlfriend
Years
no because most of my favourite artists are either dead or don't tour anymore

i did once see a rod stewart concert but i don't remember anything about it, i was like 4

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Eh, concerts are only fun for a bit. I've only gone to 2 rock concerts and they were headlined by my 2 most favorite bands so I'm definitely satisfied with live music for awhile. I just hate feeling dead and deaf the next day. Plus it gets kinda annoying when you have to constantly shove everyone away to get far away from the mosh pit. And sometimes the music is so loud that the stereos give off that clashing static sound and kinda washes away any of the melody that I can hear clearly from my Bose speakers or ear buds.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I've never been to a concert, actually. (There's this one time when my mother brought me to this local artist's concert when I was, like, three? I can't remember it at all so I'm not considering it as my first concert heh.) My friends recently went to that One Direction concert and they're all so happy that it makes me jealous. I want to see Fall Out Boy perform, though, and I'm just kind of waiting for them to announce something. If not Fall Out Boy, probably Mayday Parade or Panic! at the Disco.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Concerts are my favourite thing in the world omg. Been to a couple T-Swift concerts (I held her hand!!!) and 1D last month, and then some smaller gigs here and there.

Last night I went mosh to Ed Sheeran and ajlsdhfksah84othukrjhio34urhkejs best thing in the world fuaaaa he's incredible. He's such an amazing entertainer and really got the crowd involved. Most of all I'm amazed that it was just him, his guitar and his loop pedal.

The worst part of concerts are those post-concert feels when you have to go back to your ordinary lives ;__;

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I've been to a lot in the past. They were okay. However, I'm not sure I'd be able to handle them now. They'd be far too noisy and overloading for me. You know, being autistic and all that stuff. Though, if it was an SuG concert than screw being autistic because I'm going!! Either that or Gotcharocka. <3

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Concerts are amazing. I've never seen any particularly well known bands, but I've been to some smaller concerts. Luckily, I've had the chance to meet at least one band member at all of them. The vocalist from one band talked to me for a few minutes, hugged me, and then wandered away. I don't know why he hugged me, but I wasn't going to complain haha.

All of the concerts I've gone to were rock/metal, so I've always had to deal with moshing people. I also have gotten hurt in some way at every single concert as a result, although it's well worth it, in my opinion.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I've only ever been to warped tour, but some of the bands that have been there were actually pretty good and didn't sound like crap. (gives chelsea grin leery eyes)

I'd love to see Amon Amarth live though, Swedish melodic death metal band that sings about vikings? Concerts have flamethrowers, giant props and fireworks? Sign me up.

Back