• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] A Simple Pokemon Card Creator

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2015
    Hello hello
    Just a noobie here to the forums here.
    Intro
    Back in 2011, I had created a pokemon card creator that you would use on a web browser. I never really shared it with anyone except family. It worked pretty well but only in Firefox. Now, a lot of time has passed, I have gotten older, and now I mess around with Visual Basic. Now, I know there's already mypokecard, but that's only for those who have internet. There have ben several times I've caught myself without internet and wanting to create a pokemon card out of boredom. What I'm making is simply an offline, downloadable, pokemon card creator. Now, to the details!​

• The programs I'm using to create this are simple Visual Basic 2010 and Paint.NET
    • The idea is to have several different pokemon card styles, different generations (I think is what it's called?), different symbol styles, a wider variety of pokemon card blanks (Enigma, Technology, etc), and to be able to upload it to a public gallery and/or save it to your computer.

Current Features
    -Ability to select different energies of pokemon (fighting, electric, colorless)
    -Ability to select weaknesses
    -Ability to change the Pokemon card name fonts and font size
    -Ability to upload an image from your computer or from a link
    -Update checker

Future Features
    -Ability to choose resitance energies
    -Retreat cost number
    -Card stage selection
    -Different card generation selection
    -Save/Export/Publish card
    -Sleek, beautiful program design
    -A community of friends who you can chat with/share your card with

Yup yup, and more features are coming. Development stage, lots of thinking!
    So, here's you all some screenshots :)
    Spoiler:

Lastly, credits
    Icons/Symbols - HeroOfSinnoh
    Card blanks - The-Ketchi
    Additional Help/Direction - Flame Claw

So, what do you people think?

Back