• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will you continue to buy CoD games?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
  • Idk why I keep asking questions about CoD. Maybe it's my hate toward's the sequal since Black Ops. But the question is..

Will you guy's continue buying the Call of Duty games? I want to know why you will and why you won't. I'll start first.

1. Same crap over and over again.
    2. Lag Compensation. I hate gettin punished because I have a good connection.
    3. Little kids yelling in the mic
    4. Endless amount of trash talkers and the fanboys

The games have so many problems it's not even funny. They are a broken game and have broken mechanics. I hate them more for the lag compensation part. Why punish those with good connection and make it easier for people with bad connections? So let me know what you guys think.

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • Yes, I will. I will buy all of the upcoming COD games because I think they're great. I'm always surprised by the new stuff they come up with, albeit the game mechanics are similar. But when you think about it, if COD strayed from its core mechanics, no one would become accustomed to them, and they'd be terrible.
    People always complain that all of the COD titles are the same, but you should be glad they're similar to their predecessors. In my opinion, each game, for the most part, improves from the last.

For me, the only thing I need for the developers to change (multiplayer-wise, since that's the only thing I play lol) in each sequel is to improve the graphics, change the guns, change the killstreaks, introduce a few new game modes, and have a slightly different class system. I'm the least fussy guy you'll ever meet.

I'm not a huge Call of Duty fanboy, but I sure as hell like the games. There aren't many other massive online FPS games to get hooked on that everyone plays, so I can't complain. I'm also overly optimistic, so yeah.. xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I never bought them to begin with so I won't start now. I just have no interest in gritty-style FPSs. /shrug

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • The last CoD game I purchased, and that actually lasted me a long time was Black Ops. I managed to prestige a few days after it's release, and I enjoyed playing the game until Christmas when all of the kids started playing it and completely ruined the community. I did not purchase MW3, and I do not plan on buying BO2, though I do want to play it because I like experiencing games first-hand, even if they are rumored to be bad, because I make my own non-biased judgements on games and I never listen to critiques or reviews on video games.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • In my opinion, CoD is ruining video games. Every good series is trying to copy it's formula for success. It's a step backwards for FPS.

So no. No I will not buy it, just like MW3. It's mot worth the dirt under my shoe to me.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I will be buying the new COD. I go to midnight release every single year and this year will be no different. I don;t do much of the multi player anymore. Back whe my friends still played MW3 I got to 6th prestige but nowadays no one really plays and it gets boring playing alone.

Zombies in Black ops 2 will be my main thing. I love playing zombies. I always try and gt all achievements aswell as FPS is my main games. I am just good at them haha. I find them very easy... but they seem dummed down compared to older ones.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Never brought them to start. Not gonna say they aren't fun, cause they are, in moderation. I play my friend at his house, Black Ops Zombies. Fun fun fun. But I feel the whole franchise is over-hyped, and when you put so much emphasis on something, it ends up falling short of it's expectations. That's partially where I feel the hate is originating from. But that's just me.

Anyway, again, no, I never have, and probably never will. I'm happy having preordered Resident Evil 6

Years
  • Ehh. I'm middle lined.

While I don't care much for being milked and rehashed (See UMVC3), I'm somewhat okay with spending my money for something eh if I get to enjoy it with my peeps. And since we all enjoy playing together...

I'm middle lined.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    I only ever bought one CoD game and that was Black Ops for theWii. I don't care for FPS I only bought it for my Journal Topic in myDeath and Dieing class for collage. The teacher allowed us to picktwo video games that we normally play and study on the death aspectsthat went on as we played the game. I thought for being my firstshooter game I thought it was ok but I think I'll make this my firstand last CoD game.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
    Years
  • I'm getting Black Ops 2 hardened edition for free since I have a $100 gift card from FutureShop. The only thing I care about is zombies because MP is getting lame on cod nowadays. They can't get people to continue playing the game so they make it so that you have to prestige to unlock certain guns. And each time you prestige 5 extra levels are put into that prestige. So if you prestige once level cap become 55 then prestige again 60 and so on.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Ewww gross NO! I am not even interested in the CoD series anymore. Not because of the repetition of gameplay, because I actually find the repeating formula to be a good thing. I mean, seriously, would you like to see Pokemon deviate from its current direction?
    It's more about my personal taste, I find the game to be so lame, so...LINEAR. Moreover, to piss me off much more, they go for the futuristic funky theme....just gross for me X_X

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    Never bought a CoD title before, and I don't necessarily have any urge to start. But it might be fun on the Vita, and Black Ops 2 has a soundtrack composed by Trent Reznor, so I'm not gonna flat out say I'll definitely never buy a CoD game.

If I do though, it'll be used and probably 2 games behind the latest release.

Years
  • I'm going to go about purchasing BO2 the same way I did with MW3. Buy it, play the campaign, check to see if multiplayer is still broken and then trade it in when it inevitably is still broken.

The campaign is usually too good to pass up.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • In my opinion, CoD is ruining video games. Every good series is trying to copy it's formula for success. It's a step backwards for FPS.

So no. No I will not buy it, just like MW3. It's mot worth the dirt under my shoe to me.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think it's only natural that the developers of the CoD games use some of the gameplay and mechanics of previous games. If they proved to be successful, why not? It doesn't give them the excuse to completely replicate previous content, but it does give them a good working ground where they can expand on popular ideas and improve them even further.

I'll definitely buying the next game of the series, and I'll probably continue to buy them. Although I'm not particularly great at them, I have fun playing them and that's what really matters I think when it comes to games. As song as you enjoy them, who cares who bad/good they are! :D

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I won't buy the next CoD. I bought Black Ops a few months back and tbh as much as I enjoyed that it gets a bit repetitive later on. Plus the whole futuristic theme of BL2 doesn't really appeal to me. So no BL2 for me. Maybe if there's something new later then yes, maybe I will buy it.

Back