• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team noob

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    Introduction: Hey everybody. I've just recently joined this site. I've been playing on the Beta server for a while now but I'm slowly starting to use the smogon one. I've created my team based on smogon strategies and also the playstyle of the people I see on the tier. So without further ado, I present to you Trouble².

Team building:

First, I wanted to base my core on Slowbro, one of the pokemon that I enjoyed in UU last generation and one that I have seen to be played very effectively.
    Spr_5b_080_s.png

I always consider Jarooda when making a team. Genosekuto is a hard counter, which is what I decided to use.
    649.png

Now I knew I needed weather to combat other weather users. A sand team is what I had in mind at the time. I used Tyranitar.
    Spr_5b_248.png

Doryuuzu is a staple on a sand team, obviously.
    Spr_5b_530.png

I needed a lead. As of now, I have suicide lead aero, but I fully intend to change it.
    Spr_5b_142.png

There is a huge Breloom weakness that I have right now. I needed a solid counter for this top threat. Rotom-H took the spot.
    479O.png

Being SR weak and quite lacking as a Breloom counter, I had to change it. With some suggestion Dark Azelf from another forum gave me, the final member, Xatu, came into my team.
    Spr_5b_178_m.png

After this, I made three changes because of the critique I got. I changed lead aero to rachi, Dory to Landlos, and Xatu to Shinboraa.
    Spr_5b_385.png
    Spr_5b_645.png
    Spr_5b_561.png

Shinboraa was weak so I changed it for Rankurusu.
    579.png

The team:
    Spr_5b_385.png
    Spr_5b_248.png
    Spr_5b_080_s.png
    649.png
    Spr_5b_645.png
    579.png

In depth:

Spr_5b_385.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Iron Head
    - Stealth Rock
    - Wish
    - U-turn
    Jirachi has been my replacement for Aerodactyl. Although it doesn't work as well as I have wanted, it has proved to be more efficient than Aerodactyl. Wish and U-Turn allow healing for other members as well. Iron Head is mainly for STAB and flinching slower pokemon. Stealth Rock is to help nail some ko's with landlos.
    Jirachi's EV's are meant to take special assaults easily.
    Spr_5b_248.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk/4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Fire Punch
    - Pursuit
    Tyranitar hits like a truck and takes hits like a man. Pursuit is used over Earthquake to target the running Shandera. Crunch is usually a ohko on Rankurusu unless they invest to survive it. Fire Punch covers the majority of pokemon that Tar's dual stabs cant cover. Tyranitar also provides Sand stream for my team, which helps take out rain an d sun. It also lols at Ninetales :D

The EV's are pretty straightforward, max HP for bulk and to only be 5hko'd by Seismic Toss. Max Attack to hit as hard as possible and the rest is in Defense.

Spr_5b_080.png

Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regeneration
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Boil Over
    - Psycho Shock
    - Flamethrower
    - Slack Off
    This is your generic Slowbro. Slowbro is a huge staple to this team, as it got a big buff. Boil Over is useful for t he burn rate and hits decently hard. Psycho Shock is used over Psychic because it hits Blissey and Snorlax. Flamethrower is used as the third move to hit Nattorei, Scizor, and other grasses such as Erufuun. Slack Off is always great with a wall.

The reason I'm using a relaxed nature is to always be slower than Roobushin so payback will only hit for 50 base power.

649.png

Genosekuto @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 spA/252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Flamethrower
    - U-Turn
    Generic Genosekuto. Boltbeam and flamethrower provide excellent coverage. U-Turn is used for scouting. 248 speed EV's mean that you will always outspeed Sazando unless they're running a +spe nature. Modest is used for more power and t-bolt, Ice beam and flamethrower. Genosekuto makes an excellent revenger as well as being a great jarooda counter.

Spr_5b_645.png

Randorosu (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sand Power
    EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SAtk / 248 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Swords Dance
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    Landlos is an excellent sweeper and late game cleaner. This set acts as a Mixed Swords Dance Sweeper. Hidden Power Ice 2hko's Breloom and ohko's Gliscor with Stealth Rocks. Edgequake in the sand hits INSANELY hard. It 2hko's Slowbro AND Gliscor, lol. 248 Speed EV's means that you outspeed all positive nature base 100's.

579.png

Rankurusu (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Focus Blast
    - Psycho Shock
    This Rankurusu is quite potent. It has a chance of beating Tyranitar, even sometiems being able to take CB Crunch and retaliate with Focus Blast. This is just a generic Rankurusu with Calm Mind. Psychic and Focus Blast provide decent coverage,only being walled by psychics and Dark/Ghosts.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Slowbro wants Psycho Shock over Psychic and Boil Over over Surf. Psycho Shock lets you beat Rankurusu 1 vs 1 (hits its lower Def) and also things like Blissey too and Boil Over cripples its counters like Nattorie and stops it being total physical set up bait. It also NEEDS near max def, you already have CM so that many sp.def evs are pretty worthless.

Aero is a trash lead this gen, seriously. Its so easy to stop and is essentially a wasted slot. Id get something better here which contributes to your actual team goal better.

Genosekuto wants Bug Buzz somewhere. Stripping it of its best STAB move is just...no lol.

Rotom-H is a poor Breloom counter because many of them pack Stone Edge, not to mention its SR weak. There are better Breloom counters out there. Anything from Toxic Orb Gliscor to Xatu (Reflects SR and Spore @ Magic Mirror) works better.

Tyranitar wants Pursuit over EQ. EQ doesnt hit anything important Fire Punch or the rest of its moves wont and as i see this is Dream World, i guess you WANT Shanderaa to keep coming in ?

Thats all for now, ill come back later for a better rate.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Xatu @ Leftovers
    Trait : Magic Mirror
    Evs: 248 Hp / 252 Def / 8 Spe
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Roost
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Reflect / Feather Dance

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Genesect may be better off with Hasty or Naive because its Speed is 1 point (or a few) short of notable sweepers.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    I finally decided to stop being lazy and updated this ^_^

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Spr_5b_385.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Iron Head
    - Stealth Rock
    - Wish
    - U-turn

This isnt really a good lead but ok, again there are many better things that can set up SR.

Spr_5b_248.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk/4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Crunch
    - Fire Punch
    - Pursuit

Ok i guess.

Spr_5b_080.png

Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regeneration
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Boil Over
    - Psycho Shock
    - Flamethrower
    - Slack Off

K

649.png

Genosekuto @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 252 Atk/6 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Flamethrower
    - U-Turn

I honestly prefer this set. Modest with U-Turn = no. You also lose to MANY faster things without Hasty. I prefer a full powered U-Turn since its your main move.

Spr_5b_645.png

Randorosu (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sand Power
    EVs: 252 Atk / 6 Hp / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -S.Atk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Rock Polish
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

This is this things /BEST/ set. SD SE 2HKO'S even max max Impish Gliscor so HP Ice its uneeded. Rock Polish cuts through offensive teams whilst SD shreds slower ones. You get both and its gg.

579.png

Rankurusu (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Focus Blast
    - Psycho Shock

Ok. Rank can afford LO thanks to M-Guard and lets it maul alot of its switch ins. I like Psycho Shock to CM up with junk like Latias and then you can nail their lower Defense. Especially people who think CM + Roar Lati beats you which it kinda doesnt lol

Comments and suggestions in bold. ^^

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    Thanks DA, its been working pretty good, except Landlos always dies. :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Am I the only one who doesn't EV competitively and still wins ?

... Against who? Maybe your pokes have good IVs, but EV training is a must. It maximizes the potential of your pokemon, making the offensive ones stronger, and making the defensive ones more defensive. EV training is definitely important for competitive play, because people want to use the best pokemon possible in order to win.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Am i the only one who doesn't spam threads with useless crap ?

bLaZiKeNandUmBrEoN, dont spam topics or i will infract you.

And Ratty, just report people like that dude, no need to reply lol.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    I was gonna update this again and stuff but then I got an overload of homework so I'll update it soon lol. XP

Back