• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stamped Pikachu Card

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2015
    Hello everyone... recently moved and came across my old pokemon card collection and I have been researching them. This site is a HUGE help btw so thanks to everyone here.

On to my question, so I can across a stamped pikachu card, NOT the 1st edition 'W' stamped one (i do have one of those though) . This is a 58/102 pikachu with a a gold 'Y2K' stamped in the same spot where the 'W' is stamped on the first edition version. I have been researching but I can't seem to find any info on this card. hoping you guys could help!

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Sounds like a fake?

Would be helpful to see a picture. I couldn't find anything either

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2015
    Im not allowed to post links until I get to 15 posts so you have to add the correct stuff to the beginning and end of the link "http and dot jpg"

i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/karas3434/photo%201_zpsybgjkeg2

I was just looking through some more of my cards and i found a purple energy card with the same Y2K gold stamp in the top right corner...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Card seems real, just a base pikachu

the stamp is fake. I do not believe any pokemon card set ever came out with a Y2K stamp.

However, I could be mistaken.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2015
    Card seems real, just a base pikachu

the stamp is fake. I do not believe any pokemon card set ever came out with a Y2K stamp.

However, I could be mistaken.

It seemed really odd because I've found every other card I have online somewhere... I have the same exact card with the gold E3 stamp and then a 1st edition jungle with the gold W* stamp. So I knew they stamped cards and then I came across a purple energy card with the same gold Y2K stamp on the top corner as well?

I guess i was just hoping I had unearthed a hidden treasure lol. Thanks for the help!

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Btw, Y2K = year 2000.

I don't know much more than that :P

Years
  • It seemed really odd because I've found every other card I have online somewhere... I have the same exact card with the gold E3 stamp and then a 1st edition jungle with the gold W* stamp. So I knew they stamped cards and then I came across a purple energy card with the same gold Y2K stamp on the top corner as well?

I guess i was just hoping I had unearthed a hidden treasure lol. Thanks for the help!

Just to confirm, it appears to be a fake. Despite the rest of the card looking like the real deal, the stamp itself looks fake as hell. And I can no information on any such card from trusted resources, or anywhere at all, really, so I'm inclined to believe that it's a fake. It'd probably have been a big deal in the TCG community years ago if it were an actually rare card like Pikachu Illustrator or the W Stamped and E3 Stamped Pikachu cards.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2015
    Just to confirm, it appears to be a fake. Despite the rest of the card looking like the real deal, the stamp itself looks fake as hell. And I can no information on any such card from trusted resources, or anywhere at all, really, so I'm inclined to believe that it's a fake. It'd probably have been a big deal in the TCG community years ago if it were an actually rare card like Pikachu Illustrator or the W Stamped and E3 Stamped Pikachu cards.

appreciate the info, I researched the card and thought it looked legit but i didnt think to check if the stamp was legit or not. Sad thing is all these cards I bought when I was a kid so someone faked out a 10 year old kid with a fake stamp.... the things ppl will do to make a buck.

On another note where do you guys recommend trying to sell some of the more rare cards I do have? ebay? Just moved and got a lil one on the way so any extra cash would come in handy right now lol.

Years
  • appreciate the info, I researched the card and thought it looked legit but i didnt think to check if the stamp was legit or not. Sad thing is all these cards I bought when I was a kid so someone faked out a 10 year old kid with a fake stamp.... the things ppl will do to make a buck.

On another note where do you guys recommend trying to sell some of the more rare cards I do have? ebay? Just moved and got a lil one on the way so any extra cash would come in handy right now lol.

eBay's one place. You could also sell them to a web store like Troll and Toad, though selling to web stores won't maximize your potential earnings (though it'd give you pretty consistent earnings without the hassle of becoming a seller on eBay and dealing with the potential issues that come with that). There used to be a few other communities that allowed selling, but many of them have phased out selling and trading. SixPrizes and PokeGym are both communities that still allow selling, iirc.

Back