• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fanfic] Beautiful Angels

Years
So I found this poor thing abandoned and decided randomly to post it. I had posted it on another forum, but that one is slowly dying and I never really got any criticism there. Anyway, here I go~

Chapter 1

"Abby!"

I groaned at the harsh sound of my mother's shrill voice coming from downstairs. "Five more minutes..." I muttered. "Or years..." I burrowed my way under the covers, trying to block out the harsh sunlight and my mother's voice. Where had the summer gone? It felt like only yesterday when I had been on the beach, checking out all of the hotties and trying to keep Elizabeth from drowning... I want those days back. I heard Mom stomping downstairs and sighed. It was only a matter of time before she came up here, wondering what was taking me so long.

"Abigail Marie Adams, you have ten seconds to get your tiny little butt out of that bed, or else!"

Or else what? When most parents say "or else", they can make it sound threatening. Mom, on the other hand, makes it sound like she's run out of ideas. She's... different from other parents, and not just because of that. She's way too protective of me and my sister Elizabeth. (Actually, Elizabeth isn't my sister, but that's a totally different story. This is about my mom.) The woman's convinced that angels are real and live with us. She also thinks that witches are real too. She says that one tried to kill her, and that an angel saved her. While we're on the topic of angels, Mom thinks that Elizabeth is an angel. Talk about crazy...

"Abigail..."

I peeked out from under the covers and sighed in relief. Mom hadn't come up to my room like I thought. Instead, she sent Elizabeth up. I smiled at her and sat up in bed. "U-Um... Your mom says to come downstairs right now..." she whispered, twirling a strand of brown hair around her finger nervously. "And she doesn't want any backtalk..." I smiled at my shy little sister. "She's your mom now, too, Eli. And I'm your sister. You don't have to be so shy around us." She nodded and looked down at the ground. I sighed.

"Elizabeth, look at me." She looked up at me slowly, looking like a deer caught in the headlights. Once I saw the pain and sadness in her eyes, I couldn't help myself. I pulled Elizabeth towards me and hugged her tightly. "Eli, it's okay," I whispered. She sniffled and started to cry. "They'll hurt me again," she whispered. "I saw them..." I shook my head. "They won't hurt you... I promise, okay?" Elizabeth shook her head. "I've seen it... They're both coming..."

I stared at her and frowned. "Eli, I... They're not coming..." I whispered. Elizabeth wiped her tears away and shook her head again. "You don't get it," she mumbled. "Just forget it." She pushed me away. "Get ready for school, Abby." She ran out of my room before I could say anything. "Eli..." I said sadly. I sighed softly. I'm going to earn her trust one way or another... She shouldn't be so scared of people. "Just wait, okay...? I'll help you..." I started to get dressed and glanced at the clock. 7:45. I had fifteen minutes to get to school, but I would be late anyway since I had to walk Elizabeth to school.

I walked to the bathroom and started to comb through my mess of red hair. Bedhead's the worst. After a few minutes, I had my hair combed out. "Perfect..." I walked back to my room and grabbed my purse from the door handle. I rushed downstairs as fast as I could, but tripped on the second to last step and fell on my face. I looked up and frowned when I saw Elizabeth crying at the kitchen table and my mom trying to comfort her. "What's wrong, Eli?" I asked as I stood up. I walked over to her and put my hand on her shoulder.

"I... can't... go..." she whispered between sobs. "Not... without Alexis..." I hugged her tightly. Alexis was Elizabeth's best friend, who had died over the summer. I'll explain it later. "Eli," I whispered. "Alexis would want you to go to school, right? Think about what she would want..." Elizabeth sniffled. "Alex would want me to be happy..." she mumbled. I grabbed her hand gently and helped her off her chair. "It'll be okay..." I whispered. I walked Elizabeth to the door and looked back. "We're going to school!" I called back to Mom. She nodded and sighed. I saw someone standing outside of the window, but when we walked outside, they were gone. Nothing was left but a few black feathers...
I guess I should introduce myself now. My name is Abigail Adams. And before you ask, I am NOT married to John Adams. My mother just didn't think things through when she named me. I'm fifteen years old. The shy little brunette next to me is my sister Elizabeth. Wait, scratch that. She's not shy at all. Try totally terrified of people. I blame her parents. They did some pretty terrible things to her before we took her in. I'm sure that she's scarred for life now...

"Abby, you don't have to squeeze my hand so tightly..."

I looked down and noticed that I was holding Elizabeth's hand so tightly that my knuckles were pure white. I laughed nervously, but didn't let go of her hand. There's no way that I'm leaving her alone now... Elizabeth looked up at me and smiled, but there was no hiding the sadness in her eyes that would probably be there, even if she doesn't want us to know how sad she is.

I looked around and noticed that we were already at Elizabeth's school. I looked down at her and tried to smile, even though I knew that we were both nervous, me more than her. "It's okay, Eli," I whispered. "I'll be back as soon as school's over to take you to your doctor's appointment. After that, we'll go straight home, okay?" Elizabeth shook her head. "I don't want to go to school and I don't want to go to that dumb therapist!" she yelled. She squeezed my hand and looked down at the ground. "Don't make me go, Abby..." I saw a few tears fall to the ground.

"Eli, I'm sorry... You have to go..." I bent down and hugged her tightly, feeling tears in my own eyes. "It'll be okay..." I whispered. "They can't hurt you here." Elizabeth was silent for a few moments before she hugged me back. She sniffled and whispered softly, "Thank you, Abby..." She pulled away from me and ran into the school. I stood up and watched her. "I love you..." I said softly before turning around and running to school.

I ended up at school forty-five minutes late. Since thus was the first day of school, I was let off with a warning. The next time that I was late, though, I would get detention. Any more times after that, a citation. Wow. Tenth grade's strict. I'm going to have to start waking up earlier... Or stop staying up so late to follow One Direction's concerts. I mean... Doing homework! Yep! Totally not a fangirl... Or a stalker.

I didn't really pay attention to my classes. I was too worried about Elizabeth. I hoped that she was okay... Maybe I should have let her stay home today after all. She would have been home alone all day, though... I'm not sure if I can trust her alone yet. At least at school, the teachers will be watching her.

"Hey! Little Red Riding Hood! The teacher's calling you!"

I looked around and blinked. I was still in Mr. Fitz's seventh period algebra class... The person next to me was nudging my shoulder. I guess she was the one calling me. I turned around and flinched when I saw a pair of steely gray eyes glaring at me. I looked down at the ground, trying to avoid eye contact with the golden-haired beauty next to me. What was her name again...? Oh yeah. Genevieve. Genevieve Dubois. The star of every sports team in town since she was out of diapers.

"Little Red! Hello, earth to Little Red!"

Huh? Oh yeah, she needed me for something... I needed to stop spacing out like that. I looked up at her. "What?" I asked. "What is so important that you need to yell in my ear?" Genevieve glared at me. "I guess you don't care about your sister." The way that she spat out the word sister made me think that she hated Elizabeth or something... Wait, Elizabeth's in trouble?! I jumped out of my chair and ran out of the room as fast as I could. I knew that I would get in trouble for this big time, but I didn't care.

"Wait for me!"

I froze when I got outside of the school and looked back to see Genevieve running after me. She ran up to me and sighed. "You'll need protection, Little Red," she whispered. I glared at her and ran towards Elizabeth's school. I didn't have time to mess with Little Miss Perfect. Elizabeth was in trouble, and that's all that mattered. I heard Genevieve running besides me and sighed. "I said that you needed protection!" She yelled. I snorted. "From what?" I asked. Genevieve pointed ahead at the dark-haired man who suddenly appeared in front of us, surrounded by black feathers and holding my unconscious sister in his arms.

Last edited:
Years
Chapter 2

I couldn't take my eyes off of this stranger. He was absolutely gorgeous, but he also creeped me out. It made me feel sick to look at him. Something about him felt… different. I almost turned around and ran away, but I remembered that he had Elizabeth. That's right… He had my little sister. I couldn't run away like a wimp.

I looked at Genevieve and saw that her eyes were wet with tears. She wiped them away and shook her head. She must have noticed that I was looking at her, because she said, "I'm fine, Little Red."

How could she be so calm? My little sister was in the hands of a stranger. He could be a total creeper for all we know! Who am I kidding? He is a creeper. He kidnapped my little sister. She was only ten! What could he possibly want with him? Was he one of those creepers? Disgusting…

"Genevieve, I'm not worried about how okay you are," I said, turning back to the stranger. His amber eyes took my breath away. "I'm worried about my sister," I added.

Genevieve glared at the man and pushed me behind her. I frowned and took a step forward, but she pushed me back again. She looked back at me, her gray eyes filled with a fire that I had never seen from her except on the volleyball court. "Get back, Abigail. You don't know what you're dealing with," she said.

This was the first time that she had ever called me by my actual name. She normally called me things like Little Red and Ginger (even though my hair isn't a ginger color. It's just red.)

"What are you doing here, Samjeeza?" Genevieve asked. Samjeeza… That name sounded kind of familiar… Where had I seen that name before…? The man smiled a perfectly white smile at her.

"You can just call me Sam, sweet Genevieve," he said. He looked down at Elizabeth and smiled. "I finally have you back," he murmured. The sight sent chills down my spine. Such a creep…
Genevieve's jaw tightened, and she glared at the man, tapping her foot impatiently. She looked totally PO'd.

"Return the girl to her home," she said, her voice strained. "She's not yours anymore. Besides, you don't know what you're doing. You're messing with more than you can handle. Things will go crashing down if you keep doing this. Just leave the girl alone and let things happen."

Samjeeza looked up from stroking Elizabeth's cheek (ew!) and glared at Genevieve. He looked at me and smiled evilly. "You're the one who took my sweet Elizabeth from me?" he asked. I didn't know how to answer him. I couldn't answer him. I felt like I was suffocating, even though I didn't have asthma or anything like that. I heard Genevieve's breath catch inside of her throat.

"You don't know what you're doing, Sam," she said softly. She sounded scared, even terrified. I couldn't take my eyes away from Sam and felt dizzy. I almost didn't notice that we were suddenly in a totally different place. I jolted back to awareness and looked around.

The place that we were in was in ruins. But that wasn't the weirdest part. Everything was in black and white, like an old movie. I looked at my hand, but it was as pale as it normally was. I looked over at Genevieve and saw that she was in black and white too, except for her hair, which was its normal bright golden shade.

"Stop it!" she yelled, looking back at me. "You can't bring a human here! I'll do whatever you want, but I can't give you the girl. Please… You'll kill her…"

Abby, I'm scared…

I gasped as I heard Elizabeth's voice in my head and looked around. "Eli?" I asked, looking at Elizabeth. She was still unconscious in the man's arms. Both Genevieve and Sam frowned. Genevieve glared at Elizabeth.

"I didn't think that she was already so powerful, or that their bond was so close…" she murmured. Sam laughed.

"I knew that there was something special about this girl. I need to get rid of this… this Wayward before she takes my Elizabeth away."

Abby, please get away…

I frowned and closed my eyes. I felt really dizzy, and it was getting harder to stay awake. I just wanted to go to sleep… I felt someone wrap their arms around me and opened my eyes to see Genevieve looking at me worriedly.

"Little Red, you have to stay awake," she said. I felt my eyes slide shut, and she slapped me gently. "Abigail, please! If you fall asleep, you'll die!"

I looked at her, frowning when she started to turn blurry. "What are you talking about, Genevieve?" I asked. I was fine. I wasn't going to die. Was she crazy or something? Maybe I was crazy. I mean, I was seeing things in black and white like a dog! Genevieve's grip on me tightened. I closed my eyes again and felt myself start to drift off again. I heard Genevieve sigh. "I didn't want to do this, Sam, but you leave me no choice," she said. That was the last thing I remember hearing before I passed out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I could hear voices yelling below me. I almost didn't want to open my eyes. They were so noisy… Couldn't they tell that I was trying to sleep? The yelling got even louder, and I sighed. I wasn't going to get any sleep, was I? I reluctantly opened my eyes and looked around, waiting for my vision to clear. I was… in my room? What happened?

I heard footsteps heading up the stairs and closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I had to think… What had happened? I remember leaving school because something happened with Elizabeth, and Genevieve following me, and then… nothing. I can't remember anything after that.
The footsteps got closer, and I heard someone open my door. I squeezed my eyes shut even tighter and felt a shiver go down my spine when someone brushed some hair away from my face.

"Abby, I know that you're awake," I heard Elizabeth say softly. I opened my eyes and saw Elizabeth looking at me worriedly, her brown eyes full of tears. I sat up, frowning at how dizzy I felt.

"E-Eli… You're okay…" I barely managed to say. She looked at me sadly, and I turned around when I saw Mom walk into my room, too. She looked sad for some reason. I wanted to ask her what was wrong, but I noticed that Genevieve was behind her, followed by a pale skinned girl with long, curly black hair and piercing blue eyes. What was going on here?

"Abigail, I know that this will be hard to understand, but we have something very important to tell you. Things aren't as normal as they seem," Mom said, sounding very serious. I hadn't heard her sound like this ever since she fought in court to become Elizabeth's legal guardian.

Abby, I'm sorry for this…

I gasped as I heard Elizabeth's voice and looked over at her, but she was looking down at the ground, and no one else seemed to have heard her.

"Am I going crazy?" I asked. Elizabeth looked at me sadly, and the tears were streaming down her face now.

"This is even worse than that…" she whispered.

Back