• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy013

Millsy
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2017
    Hello, here I post a screenshoot of my fangame. You can see here the animations of the Forest. Glad you like it.
    09qQmNj.gif

I kind of like the look of the game, however all the textures make it seem, hmm grainy? But yet it still appeals to me, odd and different.

Millsy013

Millsy
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2017
    Redone everything from my previous shots.

shot1_by_sera_hs-d8p2rnu.png

This is the second town, where you usually do that mission to get the Pokédex, etc.
    The Sign next to the Mart will serve as a Mission Board, which'll give you plenty of sidequests to do, if you're bored of the main story.
    [each town will have different goals]

shot2_by_sera_hs-d8p2s59.png

And, my weak attempt at spriting.
    Trainers are not my forte, but, this is your Rival, Markus, instead of being the average Let's get gym badges rival, he holds a higher purpose in the story, and the evil team's doings.,

I like your "Alpha Shadows" Start screen, it looks really cool, but what does alpha have to do with it?

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Started trying to make some tileset with 32*32 pixel resolution (instead of the 16*16). Still not sure about the grass, but for a first try, I'm not disappointed.

ocqpPqW.png

I tried to remake the player sprite in double resolution too. It looks large, but it could be an interesting style. Maybe I'll keep it.

(Grass and dirt tiles are from me, trees and cliffs are from existing tilesets but I totally remade them)

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • Started trying to make some tileset with 32*32 pixel resolution (instead of the 16*16). Still not sure about the grass, but for a first try, I'm not disappointed.

ocqpPqW.png

I tried to remake the player sprite in double resolution too. It looks large, but it could be an interesting style. Maybe I'll keep it.

(Grass and dirt tiles are from me, trees and cliffs are from existing tilesets but I totally remade them)

It looks like it could be good, but I dislike how those trees/shadows are going over the path.
    You will also have to disable small screen mode in your game.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    I think I know what you mean, but the path tiles technically don't stop.

The GSC Kanto tileset has 5 path tiles, which blend together.
    v8h9g.jpg

The completely blank tile is part of it.

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2019
    I finally had the Gen 6-styled mugshot working, however it fades out backwards instead of sliding to the right.
    Spoiler:

Franzo

Developing something...
    Years
  • One of the main features of my game is Delta Pokémon just like the ones from the TCG.
    Odd typings, different looks, new moves and new abilities. I also added an animation for when they show up in battle a lot like shinies.
    Delta%20Pooch.gif

The Poochyena is Normal type as apposed to its usual Dark typing.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • One of the main features of my game is Delta Pokémon just like the ones from the TCG.
    Odd typings, different looks, new moves and new abilities. I also added an animation for when they show up in battle a lot like shinies.
    Delta%20Pooch.gif

The Poochyena is Normal type as apposed to its usual Dark typing.

I'm really digging what you've got here, it's very solid and the polish is nice and the coloration of the Poochyena is very interesting. You have a really cool design going on here, I'd love to see more!

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
    Years
  • This is my first attempt at Pokemon Essentials. My project is called "Pokemon Chion", it's not even remotely close to a release, but I really want to show my work to someone. The game begins in a desert, snowy land in which nobody seems to be around, except for this Poochyena (which will be your first Pokemon later in the game). The reason why the protagonist is not present in these screenshots? Yeah, you are right: I have sprited a Pokemon but not the main character yet.
    Keep in mind that nothing is definitive.

Spoiler:

Please give a feedback.

Alababal

Pokémon Alabaster Developer
    Years
  • This is my first attempt at Pokemon Essentials. My project is called "Pokemon Chion", it's not even remotely close to a release, but I really want to show my work to someone. The game begins in a desert, snowy land in which nobody seems to be around, except for this Poochyena (which will be your first Pokemon later in the game). The reason why the protagonist is not present in these screenshots? Yeah, you are right: I have sprited a Pokemon but not the main character yet.

Spoiler:

Please give a feedback.

I really like these overall. Gives a good sense of being in the wilderness. Giving some feedback though I'm not a fan of the ice you used. If you made it yourself I recommend playing around with it more. Otherwise there are better ice tiles out there I think. Also the snow at the top of the cliffs facing down looks cut off compared to the cliffs facing sideways.

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
    Years
  • I really like these overall. Gives a good sense of being in the wilderness. Giving some feedback though I'm not a fan of the ice you used. If you made it yourself I recommend playing around with it more. Otherwise there are better ice tiles out there I think. Also the snow at the top of the cliffs facing down looks cut off compared to the cliffs facing sideways.

Thank you very much for your feedback! I will surely apply your tips! Regarding the ice tilesets, I really can't remember where I found them. This project is 2 years old. I decided to go back on it a month ago after 2 years of "break".
    I have a full list of credits which will be posted when I'll have enough material to open a thread. :) But I really don't know where I picked every single tileset. Some are mine, some not, some are heavily edited by me, but every tileset I used was public.
    Thank you again!

Years

Spoiler:

Please give a feedback.

Looks very pleasant. But yeah, you might want to sprite all the corners and edges of any plateaus or bodies of water, even if it is a hassle. That way you won't get that cut-off kind of look. Like my water for example:
    show.jsp

Those added sides don't really look good, but at least my ponds don't abruptly stop at grass tiles. And spriting is really fun once you get used to it.
    So, like, what? Does that poochyena walk around? What's it going to be doing?

Anyway, I have a feeling none of these images are going to work but here are a couple from a project I've been working on.
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]
    1wGJ8A0w.png

1wGOwwOY.png
    [/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    EDIT: Yeah, none of the pictures worked. ok
    EDIT:
    2w6xceq.jpg

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back