• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
For me, it's either listen to Pokémon music (yes..) or just take off my headphones and turn up my iHome station a little for some noise in the house, especially when the TV isn't on and when I'm the only one home.

TY

I sometimes have the ability to play my music in games, and i can say its in-game music and my family would believe it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I usually turn *off* the music in the games when I have music on in the background, because it kinda overlaps and it's weird hearing two pieces of music on at the same time lmao.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have a TV in my room, and I keep it turned on at all times, even if I don't watch it. Without it, it just feels kind of quite and awkward. Being able to hear noises made by this TV really helps to keep my mood up. (: It is a bit distracting, but it just isn't as distracting as music.

TY

Well i have the ability actually to change the music of the game with the music i have (this is on PS3 though and not all games do this). It stops its own music and plays mine lol

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I have a TV in my room, and I keep it turned on at all times, even if I don't watch it. Without it, it just feels kind of quite and awkward. Being able to hear noises made by this TV really helps to keep my mood up. (: It is a bit distracting, but it just isn't as distracting as music.

oh my god that is soooo me. like, I have a football game or a nascar race, or some random TV show on in the background and I only listen to what the commentators are saying and I'm over here either browsing PC or Tumblr. Since I despise silence in the room, I always have the TV on if I don't feel like having music on in the background. My sister gets annoyed at that but oh well, she's gonna have to get used to it haha.

Years
I never have my TV on simply because I don't have TV service here in my room. :/ my parents are too stuck-up in paying for DirecTV that it's costing them well over $100 for one receiver and an expensive, grandfathered package. If they would at least switch to Verizon FiOS, they could get the same channels they already have plus more channels, and get three receivers in the house, all for about the same price that they pay for DirecTV, but my mom doesn't want to ditch the satellite dish at all. >_>

Years
I have a TV in my room that I've only turned on about.. three times in the year or so I've had it. I need to watch more TV. :C

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I find myself watching more sports on TV rather than actual TV shows. I feel that I'm always out of the loop when it comes to TV shows because when people ask me if I watch a certain show I'd be like "lol I haven't heard of it".

I'm fixing that by watching The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and my next shows will be Sherlock, Broadchurch and Elementary.

Years
I'm watching TV after a 5 year "hiatus," so I don't know much about recent shows... I find myself tuning into food channel and history channel often.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I don't have a TV in my room. *looks around* I don't think you could actually fit one in here; I wouldn't be able to move otherwise. The TV in the living room is good enough, plus it allows all my family members to gather and to watch the TV together.
My parents usually watch Hong Kong dramas. Not bad actually.

Sirfetch’d

I don't really watch that much TV, tbh. I'll watch The Walking Dead, but other than that really I only watch movies and whatever TV shows that Netflix has to offer.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My TV is being used as a computer monitor. Probably my fault for not buying a full desktop rather than just a PC box. But I'm so cheap lmao.

I can just switch to TV mode whenever I'm not using the compy, and back whenever I want to use the computer. :D

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hmm do you guys have the feeling that the TV is slowly getting redundant? Like you can easily catch the latest TV shows online mostly for free, even the ones not airing as well. I know a few people who actually cut their TV channel subscriptions because of this and resort to watching their favourite shows online. What do you guys think?

Sirfetch’d

Hmm do you guys have the feeling that the TV is slowly getting redundant? Like you can easily catch the latest TV shows online mostly for free, even the ones not airing as well. I know a few people who actually cut their TV channel subscriptions because of this and resort to watching their favourite shows online. What do you guys think?

I can see that! My laptop is basically my TV because I watch EVRYTHING on it. The only time you will see me using my actual TV is if I am watching a premiere or something that is being aired live.

Years
I think the whole aspect of television shows is becoming obsolete, at least for me. Youtube shorts are much better fitting for my attention span.

Sirfetch’d

I think the whole aspect of television shows is becoming obsolete, at least for me. Youtube shorts are much better fitting for my attention span.

Youtube is just the single greatest thing on the internet ever. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back