• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So, done a little math, I have a theory of the release date of gen 7 game

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2015
    So I did a little math. Took me about 2 hours cause I messed up 6 times. So if you get the date of the release date of pokemon black and white (october 12 2010), and the release date of pokemon x and y (october 7th 2013). There is about a 3 year difference. 2013 + 3 = 2016. After a little bit more of math I get november 2016. I also know for a fact that is is quicker to make pokemon games than it used to. Back then in the 1990's the only thing that was holding them up was the storyboard really. Then it went down and down, because the storyboard got worse and worse. But then graphics are getting better, so it is harder. Also better programs are being made so it is easier. After doing a lot of math. Its most likely that the gen 7 games will come out in august 2016.

Years
  • R.F. is right. I think 7th Gen won't be coming next year at this rate since this year lacked a main series release, and I have a feeling the third version/sequel to XY (Z?) is going to be the main release for 2016, so we'll likely have to wait another year at this rate.

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • R.F. and Hika pretty much summarised what I think. We have still yet to get a third version/sequel for gen6, so most likely, we will get that next year, so gen 7 could possibly come out in 2017.

Also, BW1 was actually released on 18/9/10(I think). 12/10 is actually XY's release date, you probably got the 7/10 thing mixed up with BW2, which were released on that day. And in case your interested I go by dd/mm/yyyy so that you won't get confused.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You can't accurately predict trends with Pokemon release dates. The longest gap was approximately 3 years between Crystal (Dec. 2000 ) and Ruby/Sapphire (Nov 2003) which makes sense considering the deference between the GBC and GBA and Pokemon waning popularity. Generation 3 was peculiar though. Look at the releases dates.
    Ruby/Sapphire (Nov 2002)
    FireRed/LeafGreen (January 2004)
    Emerald (September 2004)
    In a span of 2.5 years, all the Generation 3 games were released (although Y,G/s, and C ere released in a similar amount of time). The games don't different much but they obviously began preparing for the release of Diamond and Pearl early. People often point out that Generation 3 didn't sell that well but that was because the games were released a year after the original GBA launch (March 2001). The Nintendo DS was released in (Nov 2004) Not long after Emerald. So generation 3's selling time was cut short. After this, release dates were somewhat standardized.
    Diamond/Pearl (Sept 2006)
    Platinum (Sept 2008)
    HeartGold/Soulsilver (Sept 2009)
    Black/White (Sept 2010)
    Black 2/White 2 (June 2012)
    X/Y (Oct 2013)
    OmegaRuby/AlphaSaphire (Nov 2014)

During Generation 4 and 5, a trend of 2, 1, 1, 2 showed up. Game Freak also mentioned that different subdivisions began working on different games (I believe they mentioned development of X/Y beginning after B/W were released and another section working on Black 2 and White 2). Then we waited 1.5 years for X/Y and another year for OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire. We can assume that since the release of X/Y, that group that worked on X/Y has been working on "Z"and that the group that worked on OR/AS has begun working on Generation 7 and has a year's worth of progress as of now. I suspect that "Z" will be announced sometime between now and March and be slated for 2016 Summer/Early Fall release date (B2/W2 was released 4 months after it was announced so I suspect "Z" will not be very different). If Generation 7 is to be released on the 3DS I have no doubt that it will be released in Fall or possibly Spring 2017... However I suspect that during E3 2016 or the Spring financial quarter conference thing, the successor to the 3DS will be announced (or the Nintendo NEXT will be explained (some claim that is a family consoles others claim it is a hybrid on home console and handheld) in depth or whatever it is). The 3DS will be 5 years old next February and I assume that it's "successor" will be released in early 2017. This doesn't change much. Generation 7 could be a launch title. It has been rumored that NX development kits have been handed out but since when have they been give out. If it was in early 2014 and we assume Generation 7 will have a 3 year development cycle like X/Y, we could potentially see Gneration 7 as a launch title for the NX. If we are wrong in our assumptions that NX is the successor to the 3DS or that development kits were given out in early 2015, we could see Generation 7 in early 2018. I feel that Game Freak has received a kit by now. I feel that this time though, they will not stall the 3DS lifespan like they did the DS's.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    I'm certain we will get a game or pair of games released on 2016, to celebrate the 20th year anniversary. But I'm not sure if it will be gen 7. The main reason I doubt it is Volcanion. While is has yet to be released, it is still a gen 6 Pokemon. Seems like Game Freak will want to take another year or two out of this gen before moving on to the next one.

My guess is that they'll give away Volcanion and a bunch of other event Pokemon at the actual anniversary then announce the next game(s) to be released later that year.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • if only the new game would come out at that time. i dont think we will get another pokemon game quite yet only because of super mystery dungeon and pokken tournament.

Back