• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Artistic tendencies

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • Are you very good at drawing/sketching? Do you like to do it often?

I'm not very good at all, to get anything even decent I have to spend like a week working on it and then not forget about it. I like to draw but I don't do it often because of my skill level. I have been trying it more since all of my friends can draw pretty well.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I thought this said Autistic Tendencies. I was confused.

I'm pretty good at it c:
    I was always drawing when I was younger. I seriously never went anywhere without my sketchbook, and I still have a lot of those floating around here somewhere. I actually still get compliments on the cover for one of my Pokemon binders.. that I did when I was like 10 or something. {XD}

Nowadays, not so much. Ever since diving into sewing and other needlework, I really only do it when I have ideas for clothes or if I'm sketching out a new embroidery design like more Pokemon xD

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Nope I'm not, I wish I was though. I've always wanted to learn how to animate, but my ability to draw has always held me back from doing that.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I always tell people that the only creative thing I can do is code so that's my artwork.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I was good at pixel art a few months ago and even made some sprites that I personally thought weren't too bad.

Spoiler:

However, actually drawing is probably the most difficult thing in the world for me to do. I don't know how some people can honestly sit down and freehand amazing artwork. If I try that, everything comes out deformed and terrifyingly awful.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I have some talent. Unfortunately it's not something I find particularly fun or relaxing.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I make awesome stick figures, according to a friend of mine.

I tried drawing at school one day. Decided to draw Stephanie Dola. (the girl in my avatar + signature)

It turned out pretty horrible. :(

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm pretty terrible at drawing. I do some graphic design, but it's more manipulation than scratch work. I like doing it, I just don't get around to it that often these days.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • I usually draw during my spare time. It's very relaxing and comforting to me. I also tend to draw when I am stressed out. Seeing shapes and lines combine to take form and create a new image seems fascinating to me. I used to trace drawings off books as a kid. I can do decent stuff now, at least. I guess practice helps a lot, too.

Years
  • I don't have the creative capacity to come with my own ideas for drawings and/or sketches, but my sister, and I have this "talent" of sorts where we're able to practically replicate any drawing. When we were younger, during our free time, we would go searching around DeviantArt for beautiful pieces (I was especially obsessed with drawing Sailor Moon), and try to replicate them freehand. Sister has been better than me at it, and even though they're not hers, the drawings are still nice to look at c:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Tumblr Art
    Old dA
    Current dA
    Speak for yourself~

I don't know where on Photobucket did I keep my old sprites. I never submitted anything to the Oekaki as well.

Drawing is one of my favorite past times. Sure, it is quite hard, considering that I still have trouble myself.

Although right now, I am being a lazy piece of junk whining for a table to draw on since the day I was parted from the beautiful desks where I have my highest comfort in drawing because I just recently graduated High School. Well, my place doesn't have any desks yet.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Drawing is something I could be quite good at, if I actually spend time on it.

If only I didn't have the attention span of a 2y/o...

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I'm decent. I mainly draw humans and backgrounds. I've been told that I have a knack for drawing, which I always refute, because I usually find my own drawings lacking especially when compared to Tsunako, abec, Takeshima, or even my own brother. I've always had a interest in drawing, but it's always been an on and off hobby of mine. I try to draw every once and a while as a stress reliever, but I usually opt to games for that, haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm absolutely terrible when it comes to drawing by hand. Whenever I try making something, the result always winds up looking as if it were created by an average eight-year-old, haha. I rarely practice, though; if I did, I'm sure I would've been a lot better. In most cases, practice does make perfect, doesn't it?

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I used to draw a lot as a child. I even drew my whole room with crayons! I made little houses, a bunch of trees and people too. xD;I don't draw much, and I don't think I'm good at it either. I only draw when I'm bored, usually at school. It's a fun way to kill time and it's also a fun hobby.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I'm not an artist nor will I ever be a drawer that's good enough to be called an artist. I've tried drawing anime figures before but they never look like those you see in mangas... They'll never make the cut lol. The most I can kinda properly do is to copy the outlines of objects onto paper quite accurately, though I haven't done so for a long while so I can't say for sure now. Yeah, compare me to a, say, graphic artist and you'll see what I mean.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Hell no. Well, I have a very little skill. I can draw chibis and stuff, but that is all. It's probably better than most people who don't know how to draw period. *shrug* It's not very good or anything to me though. I just draw for fun too. I keep drawing because of my senpai who told me to never give up on it. <3

Years
  • I've been told I'm fairly good at art so yes I suppose! Though my motivation has been nonexistent lately. Sketching on paper is fun but digital drawing is my preference since it's so much easier to undo mistakes. o: One of these days I'll create an art thread again. :(

Back